Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOOL, it was the AP and my wood was too old, updated to 1.51

/edit
now it crashes when talking to mark, only an "H" appears in the text-box and the music keeps playing
also why is the location called "ho001t" ?

/edit2
does anyone know how to extract the music and convert it to mp3?

I'm only on wood 1.28 and it's working fine.
I did notice some problems with my translations as I ran through it and one freeze when trying to exit an area, but other than that it's all fine.
the location is called ho001t because that's the file which contains the script for the map.
I just makes it easier for me to find the file if there are any problems.

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok, i tried wood 1.28 and it still crashes after the letter H is shown.
i watched it in DeSmume, and the line is as expected "Hey Oliver"
i'm waiting now till someone with an R4 says it's working for him.

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hey guys.
If anyone feels like playing an english version of the game.
I've translated the game up till when oliver first enters ninokuni (since that's all i've translated so far).
This is just kind of a one man thing so everything was done by me (i.e. rom hacking(my first time doing it), tranlation and image editing).
I'll probably stop if a team decides to translate the game.
As for runes that come from the book, I have sort of been changing the image on the top screen to show all available runes, but that might be a while.
Screenshots: none for now, you'll just have to trust me that it works, but if you do want some then I can.

The link for the patch file is in the spoiler below.
http://www.mediafire.com/?i3n81djx7r1rof8
patch using xdelta (i.e. xdelta3-3.0.4-x86-32.exe -d -s ninokuni.nds patchfile ninokuni_patched.nds)
(I know I should probably put xdelta in my local path, but I'm lazy

I have seen your scripts and they have some errors, for instance when I open the first one, ho001t I see that in general the text have a lot of extra chars 0x0D (\r) and other invalid bytes like 0x03 (you can see that in the text of "Talk to Mark by pressing the A...). Probably this is the cause of the crashes.

dark_angel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have seen your scripts and they have some errors, for instance when I open the first one, ho001t I see that in general the text have a lot of extra chars 0x0D (\r) and other invalid bytes like 0x03 (you can see that in the text of "Talk to Mark by pressing the A...). Probably this is the cause of the crashes.
I'm new to rom hacking(only did it for the experience) and I didn't want to play around with pointers so I padded the removed characters with 0x03, since it was easier to do so than changing the pointers(which I recently just learned how to do).
Not too sure about the 0x0d character though as I haven't used it outside of movie scripts.

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm new to rom hacking(only did it for the experience) and I didn't want to play around with pointers so I padded the removed characters with 0x03, since it was easier to do so than changing the pointers(which I recently just learned how to do).
Not too sure about the 0x0d character though as I haven't used it outside of movie scripts.

I recommend you to pad with 0x00 instead of 0x03, it will give less (I think zero) problems. The main problem will be if the text is bigger than the original. The scripts have 2 values to update when you change a text, the size of the current command and the size of the current block. The 0x0D won't give you theorically any problem but it will increase the size of your text.

Reactions: 1 person

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
when trying to remove extra chars or bytes from your modified words/sentences just replace them with "00" like mr.Pleonex said, it's also a stop sign for the pointers.
and i thought Tinke handles the pointers with the translation plug-in in it no ?

dark_angel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I did originally used 0x00 when I started and at the time I was just doing some random stuff which gave me errors using 0x00(since I knew nothing about rom hacking).
I just changed to 0x00 and it's all fine now.
Thanks

pleonex

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
and i thought Tinke handles the pointers with the translation plug-in in it no ?
The plugin for Tinke supports every text file except scripts, the look like recognized but you can't open them. You need my script editor to modify them, I will release it when the spanish translation is finished.

One last thing, if you like this game and specially Ghibli arts, download the last revision of tinke, open the game with it and search and open one TMAP file ;)

omarrrio

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
The plugin for Tinke supports every text file except scripts, the look like recognized but you can't open them. You need my script editor to modify them, I will release it when the spanish translation is finished.

One last thing, if you like this game and specially Ghibli arts, download the last revision of tinke, open the game with it and search and open one TMAP file ;)

Thank you sir, i was amazed by that text editor, would love to see source, my hanger for learn started growing once i saw it, and also i have Tinke last revision, taht why i said about the text editing thingy in my reply :)

CreX

Trophies
Website
backloggery.com
XP
Country
There is no progress per se since there is no formal team whatsoever.
just a bunch of ppl trying to start and some just pointing out things.
Untill such Translation team formed, I'm not foreseeing any outcome.
Is this still the case? the NDS version of the game won't see a western release it seems

mrbillones

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone!

good day! i am new here in gbatemp. :) and can i ask something here? i hope its okay for you guys to answer my question. My question is, is there any patch file or English patch file that you can to me here? thank you so much guys! im waiting for this translation about 2-3 years now. hehehe! :)

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States

Hey now, lets not be mean to the noobie. To put in nicer terms, "No, there is no patch available. If it was, it would have been posted already or you could always pay a visit to google."

Hi everyone!

good day! i am new here in gbatemp. :) and can i ask something here? i hope its okay for you guys to answer my question. My question is, is there any patch file or English patch file that you can to me here? thank you so much guys! im waiting for this translation about 2-3 years now. hehehe! :)

On a side note, welcome! Don't let some people get to you. And don't pester for patches. When they come, they come. It takes time.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
And if you read a little this thread and what user's said here, you would see that "the translation is not started !"

They are waiting for the release of the PS3 version (in January 2013) to check what the names of places/monsters/characters/etc. will be so both version will match better.

Auryn

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Auryn said:
HERE
Hey now, lets not be mean to the noobie. To put in nicer terms, "No, there is no patch available. If it was, it would have been posted already or you could always pay a visit to google."
I am the bad and the worst HAHAHAHAHA :O
You never noticed what i do to the little pikachu in my avatar??
A forum is made to be read so see what Cyan said :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, don't impregnate her +1