Hacking Nintendont

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v2.227
Fix Entry load cache invalidation.
This was causing PSO 1&2P/III EXIImm issue, so removed the patch for that.
Commented out 31A0 patch until we know of a case where it's needed.

While I was working on something else, I found an issue with entry load caching invalidation. This was the underlying cause of one of the two EmuMemCard hacks for PSO I made.
The caching invalidation might have been causing several strange problems.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v2.227
Fix Entry load cache invalidation.
This was causing PSO 1&2P/III EXIImm issue, so removed the patch for that.
Commented out 31A0 patch until we know of a case where it's needed.

While I was working on something else, I found an issue with entry load caching invalidation. This was the underlying cause of one of the two EmuMemCard hacks for PSO I made.
The caching invalidation might have been causing several strange problems.

Have you read what Toad King pointed out about the adapter by chance? And what byte has to be sent, etc http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-955#post-5176455

Edit: I retract my post, disregard, never mind my saying anything.

GreyRogue

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you read what Toad Kind pointed out about the adapter by chance? And what byte has to be sent, etc http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-955#post-5176455
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-635#post-5085172
Don't take this the wrong way. I've read every single post in this 956 page topic. I'd guess all of the devs have. We don't need repeated information. As I've said many times, if you want me to work on something, update the compatibility list or add an issue to the Issues list of the google code page. If I want to work on it, I will. A single mention for new issues in this thread is fine. If you find different behavior than the compatibility list says for the same Nintendont version, post that here as well. Repeated mentions or requests for me to work on things make me LESS likely to work on something. Other devs may have different preferences.
I actually have the adapter (same model as the others reported Joostin) and don't have the new Smash, so the ability is something that I'd like to see implemented, even though I'm currently only working with a Wii with GC ports. I'll probably do it eventually if another dev doesn't, but I expect one of them will do it before me. As I said I'm in the middle of working on something else. I paused to check in the caching issue because it could be a serious issue that can cause all sorts of unexpected problems.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/page-635#post-5085172
Don't take this the wrong way. I've read every single post in this 956 page topic. I'd guess all of the devs have. We don't need repeated information. As I've said many times, if you want me to work on something, update the compatibility list or add an issue to the Issues list of the google code page. If I want to work on it, I will. A single mention for new issues in this thread is fine. If you find different behavior than the compatibility list says for the same Nintendont version, post that here as well. Repeated mentions or requests for me to work on things make me LESS likely to work on something. Other devs may have different preferences.
I actually have the adapter (same model as the others reported Joostin) and don't have the new Smash, so the ability is something that I'd like to see implemented, even though I'm currently only working with a Wii with GC ports. I'll probably do it eventually if another dev doesn't, but I expect one of them will do it before me. As I said I'm in the middle of working on something else.

I hereby retract and redact my stupidity that I said in my post, I was merely curious, that's all. I take my leave. I shall shut my festering gob about it.

*hides in shame*

Now then.

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once that code is implemented, the adapter will also be usable on all Wii models, even family Wiis, as the device is just essentially HID.

PhiZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am almost more hype for this GC Adapter Support in Nintendon't than Smash itself. It'll allow me to finally play Mario Party 4 with my GC controllers. Can't wait to finally get it in 3 days.

I'd like to say thank you to all the developers working on this, you're absolutely amazing.

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendon't works great for me, both as a standalone dol and with CFG. However, it's not saving my settings. I have to boot up Nintendon't, go into the options and turn on Memory Card Emulation and whatever other settings I want before I boot every game. After I boot the game, the memory card features work great, but once I exit, I have to go back into the settings and do it all over again before I boot another game. Once I turn Memory Card Emulation back on in the settings and boot the game again, it'll see my existing save file, but otherwise it'll act like I don't have a memory card inserted unless I do this every. Single. Time. It does this regardless of whether I boot through CFG or straight through Nintendon't standalone dol, it doesn't save my settings regardless.

I have Nintendon't on an SD card (not write-protected, mind you) and my games on a USB. Any tips?

Godlance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Someone else having problems with P.N.03? It gave me black screen with r226...

USA version working perfectly on r227. Pal Wii, Memcard Emu On, USB On, everything else off. Tried both with GC and classic controller. Launched from USB Loader GX and Homebrew Channel.

Try deleting your Nincfg.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I thought there was an auto update function? I have an outdated nintendont, and it wasnt asking for update.
Anyway, I tried mario kart dd again.

Game still has like an 0.5 sec inputlag.. when steering to left right.. now im doubting if this was normal all along -_-

But im quite sure not, something you can do?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I thought there was an auto update function? I have an outdated nintendont, and it wasnt asking for update.
Anyway, I tried mario kart dd again.

Game still has like an 0.5 sec inputlag.. when steering to left right.. now im doubting if this was normal all along -_-

But im quite sure not, something you can do?

Update manually?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah it's on now
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why are most new south park episodes half hour specials?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Psionic Roshambo, let me get a Netflix account I've always been nice to you
    +1
    I made a honey pepper glazed turkey breast for dinner turned out pretty bomb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We can Netflix and chill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Nvm not half hour, but hour long
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Normal south park episodes are already half hour
    Got 2 free Xumo boxes they work pretty good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm happy to get anything most series don't make it pass 6 seasons
    Except Stars and Encore those are being a bitch lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I may consider that onn pro box finally a media box with type A ;O
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, cuz the companies don't want em to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No it's revenue and demand south park could argue has a bigger audience than family guy about the same
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Family guy is worth 300mill south parks worth 1Bill according to the interwebs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, probably cuz family guy is more disliked compared to south park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It just does the same formula south park can press buttons without going overboard
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And bc most of the family guy budget is spent on the voice actors rather than on the animation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Southpark could spend 30k on a animated dick and people would laugh at it
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    lol one prescription to Lizzo
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    who is lizzo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, doge is dead
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan: