Hardware Nvidia GPU not detected on Windows 10

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Nvidia's native Linux drivers support Optimus now, there's nothing special you need to do other than install their latest proprietary driver from a repository and use the provided software that's included (Prime) to swap between integrated or dedicated graphics. You don't even need to bother with bumblebee anymore.

That's news for me. Last time (2018) it did not work for my chipset properly like hdmi-out without function and driver crashes. Good if it is finally solved and user-friendly.

MrSha1

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hey I know it's been long passed but I'm currently have exactly this problem. In my case I had to reprogram my BIOS earlier and I've installed wrong bios model. Everything was working fine until I wanted to play some games in my free times and recognized that neither my windows 10 or Ubuntu are not detecting my dedicating Nvidia GTX 850M GPU. All I had to do was reprogramming BIOS again to right model. Please make sure that the BIOS model match the exact same manufacturer and model if not, visit a tech to reprogram your BIOS ASAP.
IMHO this problem should be because of hardware issues and you can't probably solve this problem with software fixes. First try to reinstall your OS if that didn't fixed the problem there is probably a minor hardware problem in your computer.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I know it's been long passed but I'm currently have exactly this problem. In my case I had to reprogram my BIOS earlier and I've installed wrong bios model. Everything was working fine until I wanted to play some games in my free times and recognized that neither my windows 10 or Ubuntu are not detecting my dedicating Nvidia GTX 850M GPU. All I had to do was reprogramming BIOS again to right model. Please make sure that the BIOS model match the exact same manufacturer and model if not, visit a tech to reprogram your BIOS ASAP.
IMHO this problem should be because of hardware issues and you can't probably solve this problem with software fixes. First try to reinstall your OS if that didn't fixed the problem there is probably a minor hardware problem in your computer.

See post #19, you need to find the hardware ID for 850M

Hope these helps.

Last edited by Hayato213,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Thank you for your recommendation. Unfortunately, I cannot install the (presumably) right BIOS for my system.
The sticker on my laptop says ‘ASUS X555LB’, while the BIOS says ‘ASUS X555LDB’. If I download the BIOS update for the LB model and try to install it, the BIOS will complain about the model mismatch and not let me.

The error message is this:
BIOS said:
WARNING!!
---
Model Name doesn't match!!
Return to Easy Flash page!!

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for your recommendation. Unfortunately, I cannot install the (presumably) right BIOS for my system.
The sticker on my laptop says ‘ASUS X555LB’, while the BIOS says ‘ASUS X555LDB’. If I download the BIOS update for the LB model and try to install it, the BIOS will complain about the model mismatch and not let me.

Try this link. It has both the LD and LDB listed as option for bios downloads and drivers.

https://www.asus.com/ca-en/supportonly/x555ld/helpdesk_download/

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Instead of using ASUS's official update tool, you could always use one of the tools used for BIOS modding to try flashing the correct BIOS update.

https://winraid.level1techs.com/c/bios-uefi-modding/bios-modding-guides-and-problems/14 < This forum should have some decent information, if you want to try diving into it.

Funnily enough, I found someone else who has sort of the exact same issue as you on that forum, https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/request-modding-asus-x555lb-bios-hidden-settings/33210 < But I don't think anything in that thread would be particularly helpful for you specifically.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Neat newish routers gonna be here Wednesday