Official "Missing features" thread: we'll bring them back for you!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Not really a bug or missing feature, but i notice that the tab icon is still the V2 Tempy icon. Is there any plan to update him to the new sleek Tempy?

Not really important either haha
I got sick of that old favicon too so I took things into my own hands and DIYed one :P

Ybt3L.png

6vIkk.png

How to do? I installed Bookmark favicon changer add-on for firefox:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/bookmark-favicon-changer/
Then right clicked on the bookmark and installed my custom favicon
QSVYj.png

BTW-As my own little grief-- well I miss seeing how many total posts for the front-page recent threads. Its a little gripe and overall the new site is really good -- glad to be back. ^^

Mars_x

♥♪!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
The first one I noticed is there's no animated GIF's visible as our avatars (SURE you can click on the avatar and see it animated in the little info box thing but that kinda defeats the point.)
The size of it doesn't bug me as much. I already had to resize stuff or look for a smaller copy to be able to upload before. It's just the fact that it's NOT MOVING that bugs me.

I, too, miss having the list of those reading the current thread available.

I haven't noticed the top 20 or all online users lists yet but I'm sure I just have to look some more (not that they're really important but just something I looked at when I was REALLY bored.)

"friends" sounds better than "followers". It sounds 2-way and ... just nicer.

It was nice having the drop-down menu from our name always visible on the screen.

THE BIG ONE FOR ME
I liked being able to just click on "my content" in that user-menu and be able to see all the THREADS I've posted in. Right now it just shows a list of POSTS. (with threads I can see the little circle next to the ones that have new, unread content.) I used this feature a lot. If it's still there somewhere, could someone PLEASE explain it to me or a workaround until it's fixed. I'd greatly appreciate it.

/complaints

EDIT : Also, almost forgot to mention that the multi-quote thing was useful sometimes.

/complaint edits.

Reactions: Wizerzak

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GIFs work. Just try re-adding your avatar.

tumblr_luwjw5LB0m1r2rjn5o1_400.gif

They show as animated if you look at the users avatar by clicking on it or look at your own on your profile, but they dont work when displayed on the forum as they get resized, and with a limit now of 50k (which is down from the old boards) unless you have very few frames then it shows only the first frame. My avatar was 63k when it was on the old board and when it was brought over to the new one, it was still the same graphic, I clicked delete to upload it again to see if it would fix the animation but now it now says its to big.... hence the new avatar.

Just in case you are counting :-
  • I agree the pages are to white and bright, needs alternate themes to dull it down a bit
  • Animated avatars with a raised file size limit, it was more than 50k before 80-100k would make a big difference.
  • Ability to have collapsed news stories on the front page as its going to knacker millions of wheel mice
Other than that is so nice to have the site back online.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was there a word cap on "current status" before? I went to a thread with a poll and
the whole thing wasn't shown. Doesn't have sort by thread in "your content".

My watch Thread is gone

now I have to search my own post at thread that I replied.

or is there something that I missing?

how to check the thread list that I replied.

I think everything is there in "your content", you just can't sort it by thread.
Ok, How did you reply post appear before the quoted post or did you edit it to ref the post after ?
Click reply then copy and paste in editing, like so. :P

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
My watch Thread is gone

now I have to search my own post at thread that I replied.

or is there something that I missing?

how to check the thread list that I replied.

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
actually, we had a cheat database here, cheats(dot)gbatemp(dot)net
but it's gone with the hack so maybe you could look into that?

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was there a word cap on "current status" before? I went to a thread with a poll and
the whole thing wasn't shown. Doesn't have sort by thread in "your content".

I think everything is there in "your content", you just can't sort it by thread.

Ok, How did you reply post appear before the quoted post or did you edit it to ref the post after ?

Edit, hmm looks like nested quotes doesnt work...

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
How about we fix Taptalk? I haven't tested it with the "new" forum yet, but it was rather broken with the old forum. it worked perfectly for browsing and PM alerts, but notifications for watched topics didn't work at all. They would never show up or alert you, and if you went to your "favorite topics," it just showed a bunch of random threads from like 2005 that I never even touched in my life. I would much rather have tapatalk with working notifications/favorites than a mobile site for browsing

hiroakihsu

SUPREME LURKER OF THE WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
actually, we had a cheat database here, cheats(dot)gbatemp(dot)net
but it's gone with the hack so maybe you could look into that?

Thanks for nice new looking forum. Next job is make new look for GBATemp cheat forum website! :wink:

Third that....Also, I wonder if the nforush widget will be brought back? Other than that, a great thanks for bringing the site back!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol