Hacking Ohneschwanzenegger is not accessible for screen readers.

sodaking3228

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how to contact the developer of Ohneschwanzenegger, but I need the dev to know that it doesn't work with the NVDA screen reader on Windows 11. It doesn't work with any screen reader, and I need it to be accessible because I am visually impaired and I want to create a blank nand to restore my Wii. Please give the buttons and drop down menus lables so screen readers can read them, because right now, my screen reader won't talk at all while the program is open. Thank you.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh my… Windows screenreaders and different graphical APIs beyond standard Win API.
Those don't go well together in some cases. I remember the trouble with Java Accessibility Bridge for getting OpenOffice usable with Jaws under Windows 98SE. That was the opposite of fun. Well, Java works nowadays as far as I know, but a quick search makes me believe accessibility must be explicitly included in a QT app.
Sadly I'm not very versed in these topics and my little knowledge is even heavily outdated.

I fired up my NVDA installation… it doesn't detect anything but the window name (and sub Window names). Hearing espeak constantly saying "Ohneschwanzenegger" drives me insane. Why a name like this?

I'm afraid you will have to search local help.

Good luck!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Argh. That one is tough.
Funny enough I got it to compile on my openSUSE main PC and Orca screenreader seems to work okay with QT5 after setting some variables in the shell.
Grabbed it from here:
https://kde-accessibility.kde.narkive.com/td2pDfBh/orca-and-qt5-accessibility

I've no idea if there are similar ways to activate accessibility for QT under Windows. My Windows knowledge is pretty much stuck at the XP era.

Edit:
Maybe somebody with development tools installed in Windows could try compiling it with newer QT version. This might or might not help. Somehow I doubt anybody will try.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp