Hacking omg?!

TeraS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Look what i found when browsing for Amazon

omg!

next thing you know we might see play.com and other famous web retailers selling them

What will nintendo do if they find out about them selling it, as they are promoting rom download.
QUOTE said:
ROM combatibility is virtually 100%, just as long as you bought the right brand of memory. Otherwise, it's 99.8%. Its GUI is newbie-friendly yet functional, which is something the competitors forgot to ensure. They ditched their in-house media players for finally caving to the superior Moonshell and tied it into the OS. You will retire your Passcards or Superkeys, as this can boot any popular slot-2 flash card. Skinning adds beauty to functionality.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah I saw this a week or two back and still can't get my head round it! Ranked number 68 in PC & Video Games also so they must be selling a fair few of them! Dispatch date sucks mind you - even Deal Extreme can get them out faster than that!
wink.gif

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo could sue Amazon, they have a lot of cash. Is this actually amazon, or a "marketplace" store?

Hopefully, nobody will post a link to gbatemp in their review.....

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo could sue Amazon, they have a lot of cash. Is this actually amazon, or a "marketplace" store?
It's Marketplace. I'm surprised Amazon haven't pulled the plug yet, it's a big site so it might take a while for their admins to notice or for someone to report it. But it's just a matter of time; the second they find out those listings will be closed in a heatbeat. If EBay won't touch the things with a barge pole then Amazon won't want to either.

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's Marketplace. I'm surprised Amazon haven't pulled the plug yet, it's a big site so it might take a while for their admins to notice or for someone to report it. But it's just a matter of time; the second they find out those listings will be closed in a heatbeat. If EBay won't touch the things with a barge pole then Amazon won't want to either.
Yeah but if it's marketplace how come it states it's being offered by Amazon.co.uk and it's eligible for supersaver shipping?

unsure.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I worry more when the kiddies jabber about flashcarts on Ninty's own forums. Those fools need to shut the hell up about them there.

Ninty knows all about these devices, you can be sure. But they don't need it rubbed in their face on their own forums, IMO. That will only cause them to hasten their efforts to defeat them.

dsbomb

Trophies
Website
dsbomb.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Availability: Usually dispatched within 2 to 4 weeks. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.

So .. Amazon/UK is the vendor selling it, not some third-party using Amazon as their frontend.

Nintendo will send in their secret ninja team .. oh wait, you weren't supposed to know about that. Hold on, someone's at my door.
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ph34r.gif
ohmy.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
... holy shit you're right it is Amazon themselves, not marketplace traders
ohmy.gif
Wtf? And who on earth is the manufacturer "Zappies"?

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The devices were not made to facilitate piracy (or at least that's the official word) and do not make unauthorized use of anyone's intellectual property as far as I know. The DMCA might outlaw them though - I wouldn't know, I'm not too versed in it. I'm not affected by it given where I live.

QUOTE said:
Those of you that dont know, these products are illegal now(in the process?) in the UK.
I don't know the exact specs on the legislation in question, but I suppose it was invented to prevent the sale of modchips and the like. There's a difference between typical flashcarts and modchips -- modchips exist only to permit people to bypass built-in copy protection. These devices do - in principle - not, as they have a number of other uses.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DMCA has made the illegal in the US, one of the members here got a C&D letter from Nintendo for selling flashcarts and chips (luckily he lives in Canada
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: