Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1 unfortunately you don't
2 restore sysnand directly from 2.1 you do it in otp helper which you will already have open.
3 yes you should initialize again
Alright thanks for your fast reply!

Just one more question
5. Make sure your WiFi is on (it has not been disabled from the SysNAND home menu settings), you will not be able to toggle it in 2.1
I have a working Internet connection setup but my wireless switch was turned off while I downgraded and made the backup. Was that a bad idea? Should I do it again with the switch turned on?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks for your fast reply!

Just one more question

I have a working Internet connection setup but my wireless switch was turned off while I downgraded and made the backup. Was that a bad idea?
no it's fine that's for new 3ds's and 2ds's if you had a n3ds you might have ended up with a brick or if you had a 2ds you would have had to upgrade with a gamecart, for o3ds & o3dsxl it's not a problem

Reactions: TBreaker

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no it's fine that's for new 3ds's and 2ds's if you had a n3ds you might have ended up with a brick or if you had a 2ds you would have had to upgrade with a gamecart, for o3ds & o3dsxl it's not a problem
Thank you very much!

Well I have another question. I just noticed OTPHelper has a "Clone EmuNand to SysNand" option. I can ignore that and use "SysNand Restore" with my downgraded EmuNand.bin as written in the guide, right?

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OMG I'm done! Finally I got my OTP dumped and I'm back on 9.2 now!
It was easier then I previously thought and fortunately everything went well. :D

hausa51

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have arm9loaderhax (& Cakes) successfully implanted in a o3DS_XL.
At first I was skeptical. :P
But the tutorial took me safely to the hand. And everything went very smoothly.
Thank you for this great tutorial! :bow:

hausa51

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Two days later a second try . This time a New3DS_XL and the modified wiki from Mar 19 (with SafeA9lHInstaller). It works like a charme. B-)
Thanks again!

Ryuzaki_MrL

Green Thunder
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finished everything, thanks for your incredible guide!

So now Decrypt9 will be sort of a "priiloader" for 3DS? If I ever brick my 3DS, can it be fixed without a hardmod?

Yyhhggtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, great stuff! I was able to complete the guide for a 10.5U and 10.5J, and now they have AuReiNAND SysNAND 10.7U and AuReiNAND SysNAND 10.7J.

Kany

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting a false positive and I don't know what I'm supposed to do now.

The program doesn't let me continue because I have 1 TMD hash mismatch but I checked the sha256sum using godmode9 and it matches the one in the github list.

I restored my formatted emunand backup, then I downgraded it again to 2.1 and I keep getting the same mismatch. It's always the same title.
Select "One Click Setup" and confirm. This can take a while.(If this fails or gives you an error do NOT continue or you may BRICK; you should (if the error was related to SysNAND, restore SysNAND from SysNAND_original.bin then) follow this troubleshooting guide)
If, in each folder, at least one of the .tmd files matches a hash on the list, this was a a false positive and you can continue with the guide, ignoring the error

YharnamBadass

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
So I'm at the part where I format my emunand with tiny format. And so I did, two times, but some of the games are still there, it's just gba stuff, fbi (cia) and big blue menu, should I delete them from system settings and format again before proceeding?

naaiil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hey, great stuff! I was able to complete the guide for a 10.5U and 10.5J, and now they have AuReiNAND SysNAND 10.7U and AuReiNAND SysNAND 10.7J.

when downgrading my old3ds japan to 2.10 i have error, so i must restore my emunand. can you tell me how to fix this?

thanks

Lordjontan

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was on 10.7 sysnand arm9loaderhax. I bricked homemenu so I restore a 9.2 sysnand copy without arm9... ¿Can I use the otp.bin that I use last time to install again ar9loaderhax?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh