Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abner50

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have new 3ds 9.0 this work in online? for example i have a backup pokemon omega and download the update 1.5? can i play in online?

Reactions: Margen67

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Looks pretty easy to modify the source if one wanted to add more patches, like this one for example:
http://pastebin.com/Gmm48dsa (no word on what system version that's designed for though...)

i might sound crazy, but i clearly remember being able to start a GBA game on PBT CFW from devmenu (i started zelda 4 swords adventure through Devmenu in PBT), so there is no realy advantage ^^''

Edit: it is still true that you can't load GBA games through home menu in PBT, but from devmenu, i'm sure you can start them 100%

That's a DSiWare game.
I wonder if making a CIA of this is possible :unsure:
You'd still need CFW to launch the CIA in the first place :P

motezazer

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Looks pretty easy to modify the source if one wanted to add more patches, like this one for example:
http://pastebin.com/Gmm48dsa (no word on what system version that's designed for though...)

That's a DSiWare game.
You'd still need CFW to launch the CIA in the first place :P

No.
It's easy to patch FIRM, but it's NOT easy to patch more.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Anyone trying to launch this from Cubic Ninja using Gateway? I keep getting ARM11 exploit failed

Not going to work. Gateway uses newer NATIVE_FIRM package when booting into Gateway mode. (They use 9.6/9.7 for o3DS and 9.5 NATIVE_FIRM for n3DS). So the memchunkhax needed to get the ball rolling on this is patched out even in Gateway mode.

Although you can try using the old 3.0 ultra launcher. But even that might be using a newer NATIVE_FIRM package. I haven't tested that yet though.

kactusss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I install the CIA update of my legit Majora's Mask game in PastaCFW, will I be able to play the updated game without PastaCFW afterward ?

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not going to work. Gateway uses newer NATIVE_FIRM package when booting into Gateway mode. (They use 9.6/9.7 for o3DS and 9.5 NATIVE_FIRM for n3DS). So the memchunkhax needed to get the ball rolling on this is patched out even in Gateway mode.

Although you can try using the old 3.0 ultra launcher. But even that might be using a newer NATIVE_FIRM package. I haven't tested that yet though.

Welp, guess I'm going to wait for the Spider version.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If I install the CIA update of my legit Majora's Mask game in PastaCFW, will I be able to play the updated game without PastaCFW afterward ?

You could just use the NTR Debugger to connect to the eShop and download it. Seems like an easier solution.

Reactions: kactusss

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France

No, but if you can use this, why don't you use the eshop spoof to download the update ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, i don't live in a tall building