Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thats right
but one more question
do i need to desolder the nand on a oled switch for the hwfly instalation
You just slip the adapter in whilst heating up the eMMC chip with a heat gun. Installing it is very tedious and you can slip up even with the unsteadiest hand.

Reactions: impeeza

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its dead.

Attachments

• IMG_3366.jpg
    IMG_3366.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 153

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very sad i wish there will be some other guy some day that is super expirienced egnuth to make something like this and post it on github
I mean, at this point with how cheap the latest hwflys are. You're better off just getting one of those. The reports of why this was delayed at the start was due to them randomly bricking consoles. I wouldn't recommend anyone put those damn things in their consoles

Hannes-Campidell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i think they break consoles is because these are 3.3V chips and the emmc/soc are 1.8V devices so a simple level shifter is could help that situation so the rp2040 costs 3$ and the level shifter 1$ the pcb 2$ (10 pcs from jlcpcb) and that would make the cost 6$ i think after shipping and assembling from jlcpcb it will be arround 15 to 20$

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
i think they break consoles is because these are 3.3V chips and the emmc/soc are 1.8V devices so a simple level shifter is could help that situation so the rp2040 costs 3$ and the level shifter 1$ the pcb 2$ (10 pcs from jlcpcb) and that would make the cost 6$ i think after shipping and assembling from jlcpcb it will be arround 15 to 20$
I might be wrong but I don't think that when you drive the NAND you're sending 1.8v to it. My understanding is you send it 1.8v on the powerline to run it, but when you're sending and receiving data you send it over the TX and RX lines which run at only a few millivolts. Sending 3.3v to a pin expecting only millivolts would instantly fry whatever peripheral it was connected to so it wouldn't be random chance or a waiting game. Either it would or it wouldn't.
Since the chip wouldn't be providing power to either the SoC or the eMMC having them run at different voltage levels wouldn't matter at all if I am correct (in fact, the chip would be syphoning power from the eMMC power line like currently available chips rather than adding power to it).

r1vver

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I was thinking, since we all already bought those useless Zeros, let's buy ourselves some Tegras too and start feeding 3.3 volts from Zeros to Tegras.
We'll have a flash mob of sorts. At least we'll have something to do...

FruithatMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@evil_santa I know you are just trying to be helpful but what you are saying isn't true.
You need to check the specs of the specific nand chip. You have linked to research about a completely different device. Many nand chips will happily support 3v3, and even in some cases where they are only documented to work at 1v8.

The specs are listed above. Please read the previous posts before jumping to conclusions.

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@evil_santa I know you are just trying to be helpful but what you are saying isn't true.
You need to check the specs of the specific nand chip. You have linked to research about a completely different device. Many nand chips will happily support 3v3, and even in some cases where they are only documented to work at 1v8.

The specs are listed above. Please read the previous posts before jumping to conclusions.
No you didn't read the link I send.
I'm tinkering whit emmc's since 3 year's.
Dumping a soldered emmc isn't possible whit 3v3 logic level. unsoldered yes.
It's the same her you can't interact whit the emmc if he is soldered to the bord.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230113-201616-665.png
    Screenshot_20230113-201616-665.png
    180.3 KB · Views: 166

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well then.. Go wash your clothes to make it all perfect :D ☹️
    And I'll get off my butt n make ME some lunch :D
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im not your boyfriend
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason...