Pimax to reveal its new VR headset next week

pimax.jpg

Pimax, the company behind the impressive Crystal PCVR headset and innovative Portal standalone handheld-VR hybrid, is gearing up to unveil a new headset. During the Pimax Frontier event next week, the company will reveal its "ultra-high-end VR headset" and the event will also include other announcements. The virtual event will take place next Monday, April 15th at 11:00 AM PDT/02:00 PM EDT/08:00 PM GMT+2. It will be streamed on the official Pimax YouTube channel and the Pimax website.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Reactions: Xzi and KiiWii

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
At some point we're going to have more choices for headsets than there are decent VR games.

Your post reminds me of the Mixed reality headset days when they were seemingly a dime a dozen and selling for peanuts as they cleared stock.

I only really think the Quest 2 anecdotally sold reasonably well because it was relatively cheap and the availability issues of the PS5.

Reactions: orangy57

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I swear this company is always dropping some combination of "CRAZY 8k 8400PPI 960Hz 190 FoV ULTRA QWAMOPLED+ 6DOF DISPLAY" that costs 6 grand and still uses steamvr tracking from 8 years ago. I get that they're for businesses but were the last dozen models of these not enough???

I really wish they put more into that pimax portal, a device like the switch that can go from handheld to VR is just so cool but needs soooo much money poured into it to be good. Maybe it's just too ambitious for this generation.

If it's displays with variable depth I would actually care, Facebook demoed it back in 2016 for the original Oculus Rift 2 that never came to fruition and then we just never heard about varifocal displays ever again.

Reactions: shaunj66

tranceology3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At some point we're going to have more choices for headsets than there are decent VR games.
"VR Games" Problem is people want traditional games in a whole new platform. We need mo
Its almost like, people would rather sit on a couch, drinking a beer/soda, eating doritos and play a game, than get up and be IN THE GAME.

Reactions: orangy57

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At this point I believe the lacking hardware and focus point is still holding it back, but at the same time, back before every household had a Desktop, there were games that compelled others to buy a Desktop just to play like Diablo II and World of Warcraft.

What games are like that for VR?
Beat Saber?
-shrugs-
Give us an exclusive VR experience + MMORPG of Classic WoW quality, and maybe VR will stop being a meme for computer enthusiasts and gamers with extra cash.

UltraHurricane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"VR Games" Problem is people want traditional games in a whole new platform. We need mo

Its almost like, people would rather sit on a couch, drinking a beer/soda, eating doritos and play a game, than get up and be IN THE GAME.
there's always gonna be a market for more other forms of gaming, just because VR is a niche doesn't mean it shouldn't exist just cause you personally don't find it appealing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: [burps]