Hacking PoC - Boot NeoGamma via Disc Channel!

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think that it's time, I put my money where my mouth is and actually give this ago instead of bragging about it being better than CIOS/DarkCorp.

It will be... one day, when decrypted discs are supported through the disc channel (via NeoCorp).

dancemonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Working great for me thanks!! One question, do we just enable [Disc Channel -> NeoGamma! (HNCA)] for Wii and GC now?

Cheers.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@damysteryman I think this hack still needs 1 tiny yet important feature especially for those who deleted their neogamma forwarder channel like me.
The problem is that a disc should be inserted to enable pressing start in disc channel. A better way is to make the start btn always enabled so that we can access neogamma to change settings and play dml.
This way the neogamma forwarder will RIP.
Thanks for the good work :)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@damysteryman I think this hack still needs 1 tiny yet important feature especially for those who deleted their neogamma forwarder channel like me.
The problem is that a disc should be inserted to enable pressing start in disc channel. A better way is to make the start btn always enabled so that we can access neogamma to change settings and play dml.
This way the neogamma forwarder will RIP.
Thanks for the good work :)
That's not how the Disc Channel works, so it is highly unlikely to ever happen.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
make sure to change the priiloader setting to use classic hacks.ini, default is hacks_hash
I did.
If you have an updated version of Priiloader, make sure you put the hacks.ini file in
SD:\apps\Priiloader\

For some stupid reason, DacoTaco thought it would be a good idea to change the directory.

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this works awesome, but i wonder if this also works with revolution...
Riivolution? It'd be able to load the app, sure. But I don't think there is no autoboot version of Riivolution, and it's not open source, so unless the devs release an autoboot version, it'll only ever load Riivolution. You'll still need to configure the options and then choose to boot the game each time, after having already selected to boot it from SM.

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
this works awesome, but i wonder if this also works with revolution...
Riivolution? It'd be able to load the app, sure. But I don't think there is no autoboot version of Riivolution, and it's not open source, so unless the devs release an autoboot version, it'll only ever load Riivolution. You'll still need to configure the options and then choose to boot the game each time, after having already selected to boot it from SM.

if that is the only problem... i would love to get the backups working with revolution just by "booting after booting" then so be it :P

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if that is the only problem... i would love to get the backups working with revolution just by "booting after booting" then so be it :P
It won't make riivolution (that is the name of the application. not revolution) load backups. Why on earth would it do that? ALL this does is load an app. Nothing more, nothing less. Will be no different to loading it from the official Riivolution channel or HBC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof