Misc Pokemon X cartridge corrupted, want everything wiped but resetting doesnt work.

SourStrawberry

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey, hopefully this is the correct place to post my question, ive seen similar posts from months/years ago but havent found my answer :(

I have a physical copy of Pokemon X that has been completely corrupted, as ive found out today. I want to replay X and want all my data to be gone!

When i tried to open it, a black screen appeared with "Error type: generic, ID: 38, Process name: Kujira-1". Got some friends to try and help me and ended up using FBI and JKSM to try and wipe my save data off the game (clicked on Delete save/extra data etc). After doing this, i was able to actually enter the game and got the message "The saved game data is corrupted. refer to the electronic manual for details".

Then i tried resetting by pressing UP + X + B. This worked until selecting a game language (first screen that pops up), after that my screen turns black again and i get a similar message to the one i got before resetting.

Is there anything else i can try? to repeat i used FBI and JKSM already and already tried UP + X + B, but with no success.

--

Also for context if it matters, i highly suspect a hacked pokemon caused this. I used to trade and try and get legendary pokemon that werent obtainable in X/y/ORAS when i was a kid, got a suspicious shiny arceus. about a year ago when i was transferring pokemon onto my switch, i already couldnt access my PC ingame. It would crash when doing that, now i cant access my game at all anymore.

AlamosIT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You could try to start a new game on PC with Citra, save in-game, then copy your new generated save file on 3DS and restore it on your actual cartridge with Checkpoint/JKSM

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hey, hopefully this is the correct place to post my question, ive seen similar posts from months/years ago but havent found my answer :(

I have a physical copy of Pokemon X that has been completely corrupted, as ive found out today. I want to replay X and want all my data to be gone!

When i tried to open it, a black screen appeared with "Error type: generic, ID: 38, Process name: Kujira-1". Got some friends to try and help me and ended up using FBI and JKSM to try and wipe my save data off the game (clicked on Delete save/extra data etc). After doing this, i was able to actually enter the game and got the message "The saved game data is corrupted. refer to the electronic manual for details".

Then i tried resetting by pressing UP + X + B. This worked until selecting a game language (first screen that pops up), after that my screen turns black again and i get a similar message to the one i got before resetting.

Is there anything else i can try? to repeat i used FBI and JKSM already and already tried UP + X + B, but with no success.

--

Also for context if it matters, i highly suspect a hacked pokemon caused this. I used to trade and try and get legendary pokemon that werent obtainable in X/y/ORAS when i was a kid, got a suspicious shiny arceus. about a year ago when i was transferring pokemon onto my switch, i already couldnt access my PC ingame. It would crash when doing that, now i cant access my game at all anymore.

Can you try a hail marry and see if this fixes your cartridge?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/corrupted-cartridge-fixer-release.628539/

Would be sad if it's broken :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You guys probably wearing winter jackets when in 60's in Cali.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard a new term today related to Cali, thought was funny, "California Sober" lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL LMAO
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hurt ancientbois feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's only if you drink what first comes out when distilling, you must throw out the first part of it when it starts running. (Its called the "head(s)" of the run) Or use it for fuel or a general purpose cleaner
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If alcohol would've made @BigOnYa blind by now it would have
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So True.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should make a poll for bigonya to change his username to DrunkOnYa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's my alt
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't wanna go to the store someone go for me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway +1