ROM Hack Pokepatch 3-in1 Platinum?

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When rumble is set to enable, the 3in1 is put into a different mode that has no SRAM/PSRAM/NOR and all writes to the GBA card addresses should produce turning of the rumble motor. Because there isn't (or not one that anyone has worked out at any rate) a way to detect if a game actually is going to use rumble, it comes down to user setting whether that mode is used themselves.

ikono: I believe he is having similar problems with the AKAIO engine..?

MasterX, have you tried other games with exploader to see if you get the same results? Something that uses a different save type perhaps? Are you sure your game is clean (I think you said it was or verified this to me already.) I'm thinking it could be a bug with the patching engine in exploader that for whatever reason winds you up in a loop when it gets to a certain point.

Are you certain the patched game will not work for migrate? Something you can try is, patch it with ez4client and then copy the first 512bytes from the original over the patched one's, this will put the original header back (I just looked at emerald and the patches ez4client puts in the header, they seem to be only the standard save size info.) An alternate to try as well which shouldn't mess up the header is to use GBATA and put up with having to save twice every time you save in game.

Satetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
cory1492 said:
MasterX, have you tried other games with exploader to see if you get the same results? Something that uses a different save type perhaps? Are you sure your game is clean (I think you said it was or verified this to me already.) I'm thinking it could be a bug with the patching engine in exploader that for whatever reason winds you up in a loop when it gets to a certain point.

Are you certain the patched game will not work for migrate? Something you can try is, patch it with ez4client and then copy the first 512bytes from the original over the patched one's, this will put the original header back (I just looked at emerald and the patches ez4client puts in the header, they seem to be only the standard save size info.) An alternate to try as well which shouldn't mess up the header is to use GBATA and put up with having to save twice every time you save in game.

How can I copy the first 512bytes from the original over the patched one? o_0 I don't understand that... Do I need to cut the file into 2 pieces or what?

Pehu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, I have no idea what to do now. I've tried really hard to solve my problems alone, but right now I do think about throwing the EzFlash 3-in-1 on the wall.

First of all, I bought my EzFlash 3-in-1 this week, it's brand new.

Also, I'm trying this with an Acekard 2.1 (with Akaio 1.4.1) and using a R4 (with YSMenu). I've tried using the built-in support for EzFlash 3-in-1 from AKAIO, I've tried using GBAldr 0.1 final hw update 2, but I have the same problems over and over again.

I put the ROM of Pokemon Sapphire (U) (patched using GBATA and I've also tried one patched with EZ4) on my NOR memory using GBAldr, and put my save (128K, tested on VBA and NO$ with no corruption errors whatsoever) on the SRAM using the GBAldr (I've tried both on the 0K and 64K). With all of those tries, I've always had the "Your save was corrupted, going back to the previous save" error.

Well, I can play normally, as the rom is patched. Then I save, turn off the game, and put a clean Sapphire ROM on NOR (also using the GBAldr). With the clean Sapphire ROM, using the same save as before on SRAM, I get a white screen if I try to play the game, so I assume that my ROM is indeed clean. Then, I decide to try the migration option on the Platinum. I have the Platinum (U) patched using the Pokepatch 5.0 Alpha1, and I hold L during the white screen before the copyright info. So, on the main screen, I see the migration option, and I try to Migrate from Sapphire.

But as soon as I press 'A', the game tells me that the Gamepak does not have a save data, and then corrupt my save.

As far as I can tell, I'm doing everything correctly, I've even tried the migration thing using the YSMenu on my R4 and using the Acekard with AKAIO, in both cases unchecking all options (cheats, DMA, reset and rumble), but it always corrupt my save.

The save I'm trying to use (and that is working perfectly on the VBA) is this.

Please, if you guys can give me an insight about why this is not working, I can save the worry of explaining to my cousin why I did throw his EzFlash 3-in-1 on the wall.

Thanks.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MasterX: there are top secret softwares known as "hex editors" which one can use to manipulate file/disk data directly to do things like copy over some bytes or "hex edit" things at a binary level. XVI32 seems to be a common (free) one, just be certain when you paste bytes copied from one file into another that it isn't increasing the file size but actually overwriting them. Extensive use of a hex editor (among a smile pile of other tools) was required in development of these patches.

Pehu: I just used your save (untouched, I put it to sram at 64k using gbaldr and never tried to play the game on GBA cart after doing so - make sure you use X when it asks while writing the save to sram otherwise the nds game will see only the 'backup' block of the save), platinum US patched with pkpt5.0a1, R4 (1.18 patched by yasu, I'm told ysmenu breaks pokepatched nds), emerald(UE) on NOR (shouldn't really matter which gba, so long as region matches and the header is good) and my trusty old 3in1 and successfully migrated 6 pokemon. I then repeated this with AK2.1 using latest AIO. No problems whatsoever.

Pehu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Could you please send me a PM so I can ask you some questions? Since everything I did seemed exactly the same as you did, I cannot understand why I'm having so many problems.

Could it be a 3in1 with problems??? I can't play with a patched rom without the message about Corrupted save. I tried with AKAIO and I have the 'no save present on gamepak', the same message from when I try with the R4 with YASU.

Also, I cannot use the patched R4, because my save have 1024kb, and the R4 only recognizes saves up to 512kb.
If I have a failed 3in1, I believe I can still send it to DealExtreme for a replacement.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a R4 1.18 patch that allows different save sizes than 512k on yasu's site (you have to create the saves at the right size yourself) as well as fixes some cheat engine bugs. I've not used a > 512k save on any pokemon games, though.

Which patcher are you using to get the "corrupted save, falling back to previous" message? As far as I know this is what GBATA does, you have to save twice every time you save or lose progress (pokemon saves seem to always have a internal mirror save in the second half of the full savedata size and it alternates which it uses so there is always a previous save in the opposite slot.)

Pehu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I'm able to play, but I always have the Corrupted message when I try the Migrate Option.

I've tried with GBATA and EZ4Client, both had the same results.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried exactly what I said? Use the save in an emulator (or pull the save you uploaded for me) and save in game (I used no$ free version for this, have to add/change the ini to "SAV/SNA File Format == Raw"), write an unpatched pokemon GBA game to NOR with gbaldr, put the save to 64k from a file and DONT try to boot the GBA game before trying migrate, as well, boot the patched platinum from r4 1.18 or latest AIO with updated loader and on either use cheats/soft reset/anything else set to off.

In all honesty it does sound like something is up with your sram, hopefully I'll have the 3in1 testing tool finished up shortly.

Pehu

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, I'll try that as soon as my cousin is back with his EzFlash 3-in-1, but since that is exactly the save used on the VBA, I didn't try to use it on the no$gba.

Also, the problem could be on the unpatched pokemon game, since I searched everywhere, and wasn't sure if it was a clean copy or already patched for the emulators.

Also, I tried to boot the game before migrating, so that could be the problem too.

Thanks for the help, to many things to test and I don't have the EzFlash 3-in-1 now, damn.

If nothing work out, I'll really need the 3in1 testing tool, but I hope I don't need it.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For those of you who have been patiently waiting for me to have time on a not-so-hot day, waiting for me to to do a backbreaking 25min work... V4.2 and V5alpha3 should correct issues with the "other language" platinums that have been released since platinum USA. Keep in mind again that, for example, if you are using the (Fr) NDS game, you should also be using a (Fr) GBA game for migration to appear (believe it or not, I know this and still spent time scratching my head as to why I didn't see migration in the french version.)

pokepatch v4.2
pokepatch v5alpha3 (need to hold L shoulder while starting ROM for migration to be enabled, it's in the readme I'd think)

Let me know if this breaks anything or if I missed on any specific regions' platinum. I managed to test 5 versions that I can't read, the US ver, and US diamond - and I'd think that covers it for now as all my dumps show the same memory area as pristine Grade A Dead Beef (though the new ones used a little more of the area so all are bumped ahead a bit more.) *once again, special thanks to cracker and DSATM with it's excellent DEADBEEF utility and to vvedge for providing test material which miraculously works with migration on my own DSL*

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
I've figured out how to make the migration option to appear when using DeSmuME (current v0.9.4). As you probably know this emulator supports GBA-NDS linkage since some builds ago. However it was not working for Pokemon D/P/Pt so far. Migration is still NOT possible though (save corruption message), but you get the benefits of "dongle method" (depending on "inserted" GBA ROM you get additional pokemon in-game).

I look forward for cory1492 comments/suggestions. It seems just a matter of a better/proper FLASH save access support on the emulator itself to be able to interact with the GBA sav on the HD. But I lack the required tech knowledge to "describe the problem".

I've only tested with Pokemon D/P ENG (ADAE/APAE, US or EUR, it doesn't matter)

Requirements:

1. NDS BIOSes (both ARM7 and ARM9 dumps)

2. NDS save which allows migration (you have the National Pokédex and are able to enter Pal Park)

3. NDS ROM patched with Pokepatch v4.2 by cory1492 -->OROR

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm gonna bump this topic and try it again.

what the hell? I' m getting save failed again! afterwards, BOTH save files become corrupted after the migate tries to save, but nothing happens to either game. nothing.

Neoravekandi

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
hey guys, whats up? Anyway, I'm kinda lost here... I'm using Ezlash V for my pokeplatinum and original catridge leafgreen, I even complete elite4 and had pokedex national. The problem was I still unable to migrate my leafgreen to platinum nor I can see the migrate option anywhere. Did I miss something here? I even used Cory Pokepatch V5 alpha3 and press L when the rom loadup but to no avail. Sorry, I'm kinda dumb on these stuff
biggrin.gif

kiwovo

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Any chance i get a how-to-do-this-very-complicated-thing on my cyclods?
using platinum rom and fire red rom?
I'm really dumb so i need a very easy instructions if possible
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: nice