Homebrew postLoader4

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, postLoader1 was just and homebrew browser.... postLoader2 added channels/titles browsing capability...

...postLoader3 is out ! :D

http://www.ilpistone.com/wii/download.php?id=postLoader3_39_8

Code:
postLoader 3.39.8

* Uneek game browser with cover support. Support +cDI (thx obcd) and +DI (untested but should work). Unespected results for non cDI/DI versions
* Rewritten disc boot code (now works under neek)
* Fix for DVD homebrew access (thx tueidj, now WiiMC shoud work with internal dvd... waiting for reports)
* postLoader can detect NEEK without the need of "neek" argument in xml
* Completely rewritten gui layout engine
* Now titles png have the right proportion (reduced titles x pages, from 16 to 12)
* New icon (sorry joostin, I'm feeling creative :P)
* changed /ploader/channels.png to /ploader/covers: If you want to keep old covers you should rename that folder
* changed /ploader/channels.cfg to /ploader/config: If you want to keep old channels configurations you should rename that folder
* Added gpl.txt license to sources (link, as usual, in readmii.txt)

Notes

* Maybe it is not a usefull note, but game browsing can be accessed pressing [1] (hb->channels->games) or [home]

Known issues/todo (in sparse order)
* TODO: Adding patching options to uneek games
* TODO: priibooter gui
* TODO: multy splash screen support
* TODO: new ICON !!!!
* TODO: patch uid.sys under neek
* TODO: more theme options
* TODO: runtime theme switch
* ISSUE: if a channel png is corrupted, postloader may crash

just a minor thing, why not just name it postloader 3.0?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My theme is messed up when switching to the newest version :( I go the cool red mushroom bg but the now all the homebrew has a black bg and on the last page where I have 14/16 hombrew it shows a black box with SD in like there is homebrew but w/o an icon.

What do I need to do to keep my theme intact?

PL2:
IMG00273-20111107-2304.jpg
PL3:
IMG00274-20111107-2305.jpg

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Whoa!!!!

It's been a while since I was so excited just to quickly check something. But man, I was on this one. :D

The cDI addition works perfectly. This is so awesome!!!

Thanx A LOT, stfour. :)

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
A little off-topic but can anyone point me in the direction of the latest UNEEK-cDI downloads? Dying to try this out.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm... this seems like such an inconvenience for people like me with bootmii:boot2; by no means am I complaining about your work cause I really want to use it, it just seems having an older Wii isnt all it's cracked up to be sometimes when stuff like this comes out :( I can setup uneek but then my Wii will just boot into uneek... See the inconvenience on my end LoL

Is there anyway that I can setup uneek+di w/o having my wii boot into it? This way I can have your app do everything :) I mean uneek+di wont even detect my 7.8GB nand but your app does so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard spot here hm... To keep ejecting the SD card or not hm......... Annoying isn't it..... It's even more annoying when people in the house can't comprehend it.........

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My theme is messed up when switching to the newest version :( I go the cool red mushroom bg but the now all the homebrew has a black bg and on the last page where I have 14/16 hombrew it shows a black box with SD in like there is homebrew but w/o an icon.

ugh, I forgotten to test themes :(

I will check today... it is good that doesn't make any code dump ! :lol: :P

Thank guys for your report

The only what to add custom covers is to replace the appropriate png in the sd/ploader/covers

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
A little off-topic but can anyone point me in the direction of the latest UNEEK-cDI downloads? Dying to try this out.
only for beta testers until public release next week

Although not part of your mod, will the upcoming UNEEK-cDI release addressed the problem whereby large NANDs will not start under NEEK (black screen unless you hide most of the titles in the NAND)?

Be great if it did.

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States

Although not part of your mod, will the upcoming UNEEK-cDI release addressed the problem whereby large NANDs will not start under NEEK (black screen unless you hide most of the titles in the NAND)?

Be great if it did.

my uneek nand is about 10 gigs and works great

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country

Be great if it did.

my uneek nand is about 10 gigs and works great

Then I shall be a very happy man!! I just tried it with 'standard' UNEEK-DI and it works perfectly. Once I get my games loading from the wbfs folder instead of the Disc-Ex rips I think we've got the ultimate setup in place.

Many thanks to you for you cDI work and stfour for postloader making all this possible.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hm... this seems like such an inconvenience for people like me with bootmii:boot2; by no means am I complaining about your work cause I really want to use it, it just seems having an older Wii isnt all it's cracked up to be sometimes when stuff like this comes out :( I can setup uneek but then my Wii will just boot into uneek... See the inconvenience on my end LoL

Is there anyway that I can setup uneek+di w/o having my wii boot into it? This way I can have your app do everything :) I mean uneek+di wont even detect my 7.8GB nand but your app does so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard spot here hm... To keep ejecting the SD card or not hm......... Annoying isn't it..... It's even more annoying when people in the house can't comprehend it.........

? no problem here dude look for switch to uneek. As always everything you need is in the wonderfull app of Modmii by XFlak!

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
switch2uneek won't cooperate very well with the cdi version of uneek.
That one is now capable to use an emulatated nand directly from a subfolder.
So, there is no need anymore to rename folders to switch nand's, and it's no longer needed to return to real nand for the switch.
The applications to do the switching easily are being worked on for the moment. You will be informed as soon as things are ready.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
nice postloader3 but it needs a little more work

- needs an option to switch between NANDS
- some of the titles in Games are not hiding.
- option to use CFG loader covers (usb-loader)

It would be amazing if Postloader can switch NANDS on the fly when you select a game to work on a specific NAND.

Weird, there's a problem on cDI when you use it on Japanese NAND or Korean NAND, it hangs up on loading disc. If you gone through System Menu, you will see the disc is spinning infinite and hang. Redoing the method by deleting diconfig.bin and selecting the game in System Menu and game boot with no problems, it seems that only Postloader is causing the problem.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Be great if it did.
One of my nands is 7.8GB and used to run on Triiforce MRC, Mighty Channels, Uneek+DI. It's only untill recently that my nand couldnt be detected by Uneek+DI; I'm not sure what the difference between all these apps are but something changed in my nand or some of the recent versions of uneek.

I like to use teracopy to transfer files from pc< where ever; it also does a md5 checksum. However I used windows to do the transfer cause it was faster and at the time well that's when all the occurrences happened. :( I tried using md5summer to make a integrity check but however some files in my nand couldn't be processed so I aware if they copied over properly :( as long as it wasn't all for nothing. I just want my final fantasy saves LoL and too many folders to figure out which is which :( it's not like I can use savegame manager gx.

GREAT JOB STFOUR!!!!!!!!
:grog: :grog: :grog: :grog: :grog: :grog:

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
* New icon (sorry joostin, I'm feeling creative :P)
No problem, I just wish you had let me work on an icon for you, lol. You never got back to me on what you wanted it to look like. I know I gave you a couple versions, but as I said in my PM, I wasn't satisfied with them, nor did I really like them.

If you decide you want me to work on another icon (maybe just to have alternatives for users to choose from), post a request in the thread I linked to in my signature. Don't hesitate to criticize what I make either, as I won't be satisfied until you are. I don't mind making edits or starting over from scratch. I love a challenge, so the pickier you are, the better.

I'd like to stress that I do like your new icon and I don't mean to demean it. I just want another project to work on.

@Everybody: If you want icons for any homebrew apps, I'll take requests even if you aren't a developer. Just tell me the name of the app and give me a basic description of what you want it to look like (font color for example).

Reactions: 1 person

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Everybody: If you want icons for any homebrew apps, I'll take requests even if you aren't a developer. Just tell me the name of the app and give me a basic description of what you want it to look like (font color for example).

just a suggestion, maybe you can start a new thread about it? :yay:

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States

just a suggestion, maybe you can start a new thread about it? :yay:
I already did that 2 weeks ago, but nobody made a request. There is a link in my signature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Brohann @ Brohann: anyone here know how to use METEO?