[PPOTW] After last weeks Gamescom, are you more or less interested in the PS Vita?

Did Gamescom make you think more, or less about the PS Vita?

• Total voters

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are not any interesting exclusive Vita games that would make me want to buy one. If it had some worthy games, I might buy one. 3DS is a better investment for me.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a Vita. Partly because of the lack of (quality) games, the lack of a hack, and because it's so expensive. But since I didn't follow Gamescom, it didn't affect me. I guess a price drop makes it more appealing, though? I just don't see me putting any money down for a Vita unless they make Persona 5 a Vita-exclusive (which, considering how a bunch of Megami Tensei games are on handhelds now, seems like a possibility). DON'T YOU DO IT, ATLUS!

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I'm not happy with my Vita at all, and the only reason is the lack of games I like. Even that announce many games is a step on right direction, I think Vita is too far aways from what PSP once was.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see an option for "Never cared and still don't"
The excitement for portables has long died off for me as I've gotten older and grown to realize I don't need the ability to play video games every second of every day.

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the same, still not getting it.

Sony is still marketing it as

A) A PS4 GamePad
B) A "great" indie machine. If by great you mean ported PC titles

And the memory card prices are still to high.
Seriously Sony the PS Vita is great, stop treating it like crap.

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
Seriously Sony the PS Vita is great, stop treating it like crap.
It is not crap, but early adopters like are tired to see a bunch of cool games for PS3 and no shit for Vita. Games like little big karting and Gran Turismo are for PS3 owners only, but crap like All Stars Shitty Batle Royale and others they do for vita. Sony dont did nothing for Vita gamers besides block wololo's HBL (the only way wich I could even imagine playing GT on my vita)

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a vita at launch, and it's a point i argue with friends alot, the Vita is a good system, but it doesn't have a very good library, it's been out for 18 months, and i can still only recommend 2 games for it that i can't play anywhere else with sweet FA im interested in coming. I'm hoping that the price drop brings developers over to make more unique games for the vita rather than watch sony port everything that i can play on my PS3 already.

Deleted member 194275

Trophies
XP
One seems to counteract the other there or at least could be argued to. Alternatively it is not what you are driving the one that is driving it.
I think that when he told "Vita is a good system" he was refering to techinical specs like screen size, image quality, buttons position, analog controls etc. And the fact is that it is a good system, but 90% of the time that I'm using it I'm on a PSP or PSOne game and not on a Vita game.

Reactions: Ryufushichou

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not crap, but early adopters like are tired to see a bunch of cool games for PS3 and no shit for Vita. Games like little big karting and Gran Turismo are for PS3 owners only, but crap like All Stars Shitty Batle Royale and others they do for vita. Sony dont did nothing for Vita gamers besides block wololo's HBL (the only way wich I could even imagine playing GT on my vita)
Huh? I didn't say it's crap. I called it great.
I said Sony is treating it like crap due to their lack of care and horrible marketing.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
One seems to counteract the other there or at least could be argued to. Alternatively it is not what you are driving the one that is driving it.
Exactly what lokomelo said, the system Spec wise is good, i like how it feels and such, but im sick of using it as a portable PSX or PS2 emulator, i would prefer something that was made specifically for the Vita.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm mildly more interested than before thanks to the price drop, but still not enough to go out and buy one (even ignoring the fact that it's not in my budget right now). I still don't see enough games that I'm interested in.

FireValk01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive got one and the only 2 games for it i have are MVC and some baseball game i pretty much dont even know how to navigate. first baseball game ive bought in ages too. i dont even know what the upcoming titles are for it. i have a feeling i will just sell it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.