Emulation Problem with multi rom

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea which GBA/GBC/GB emulator will support for multi rom.

For example, I am trying load this game that have 4 in 1.
Rocman X Gold + 4 in 1
I figure this game might have pirate game for Megaman style. But it won't work any kind emulator that I tried. I tried BGB, VBA, BizHawk and KigB.

How can I play it? Should I use GBC bio or something else for support multi rom for gbc?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
While the GB/C doesn't have the chaos of mappers of the NES (with 8 of them, including the no mapper option, dominating the licensed release list) there is no reason an original arbitrary mapper (which the actual hardware doesn't care about anyway) couldn't be made: and indeed that's what a decent number of multicards/flashcards do, with obvious implications for emulation

If it is one of those games with a "NEXT" button on the card (or which expects you to change games by quickly power cycling), the roms can probably be neatly split in 4 parts with one game each: but the implementation could be as arbitrary as the "re"developer wanted

Last edited by Ryccardo,

bradzx

x-Darkie-x
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While the GB/C doesn't have the chaos of mappers of the NES (with 8 of them, including the no mapper option, dominating the licensed release list) there is no reason an original arbitrary mapper (which the actual hardware doesn't care about anyway) couldn't be made: and indeed that's what a decent number of multicards/flashcards do, with obvious implications for emulation

If it is one of those games with a "NEXT" button on the card (or which expects you to change games by quickly power cycling), the roms can probably be neatly split in 4 parts with one game each: but the implementation could be as arbitrary as the "re"developer wanted
In other word, none of emulator have support for multi rom. What about GBA? It does work for two games in 1. But I dont understand why 4 in 1 is not working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1