Hacking Quick vWii DVD-r question

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup!!!

So I moved it to the SD card and it seemed to still boot but when I went to data management and clicked SD card it just freezes :( :( Then I uninstalled the WAD trough the WAD manager and it removed the channel but it still locks when I go to data management SD card..

Any ideas??

Also, what would be the best way to install WADS if you only have 512mb of space? Heard there is an emunand?

To gid rid of the channel on the SD card you'll have to delete it from the SD card using a computer. It's in the /private folder (/private/wii/channels I think). As far as I know the 512 MB is all you got. Be careful with WADs though. Only install WADs you acquire from a reputable source. A WAD with an incorrectly formatted banner will brick the vWii. How many WADs are you trying to install? I would think that 512 MB should be fine for most.

knm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey DocAmes1980, Screw Us? Screw you. And you told me to rip it all. Why you just your computer and rip it all to yourself! And I quit GBATemp, BYE, and I hope you happy, you old jerk!

Last edited by knm,

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
To gid rid of the channel on the SD card you'll have to delete it from the SD card using a computer. It's in the /private folder (/private/wii/channels I think). As far as I know the 512 MB is all you got. Be careful with WADs though. Only install WADs you acquire from a reputable source. A WAD with an incorrectly formatted banner will brick the vWii. How many WADs are you trying to install? I would think that 512 MB should be fine for most.

Gotcha. Then maybe ill just not install WADs all together then. THanks for the info guys!!! BTW. I was able to throw a DVD-r in the PC drive and the wii game manger read it perfectly and threw it on my fat32 hdd great!!!

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha. Then maybe ill just not install WADs all together then. THanks for the info guys!!! BTW. I was able to throw a DVD-r in the PC drive and the wii game manger read it perfectly and threw it on my fat32 hdd great!!!

Hopefully at some point somebody figures out how to recover a bricked vWii from the Wii U side. I only have a few channels installed; HBC/HBC forwarder, USB Loader GX, FCEUGX, and SNES9GX. If you're wanting VC games just use emulators instead. The Wii has excellent emulators. Glad you got your games dumped. Wii Backup Manager exudes excellence.

Reactions: apachehavok

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Hey guys!

So update question.

When you pop the DVD-r backups into a computer it cant read the disk. BUT wii backupmanager and read and rip them to the HDD. Works great!! What about GC dvd backups?? Any software to use a PC to rip those bad boys?

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!

So update question.

When you pop the DVD-r backups into a computer it cant read the disk. BUT wii backupmanager and read and rip them to the HDD. Works great!! What about GC dvd backups?? Any software to use a PC to rip those bad boys?

Missed this question somehow. I dunno about GC backups (sorry for the non answers). However even if it's not possible it's really not a big deal as GC ISOs are readily available online. If you want to ask your question on the Nintendont forum maybe you could get an answer there. Frankly I would just download the ISOs as it would probably be faster and easier.

Nintendont forum:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...