Hacking - R4SDHC - Need information

Sabri23

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My friend has bought last a ''r4sdhc'' card on a dutch shop site . But he's now silly becouse he still thinking ''oh no! ive bought a fake card'' ''i cant stop the deal'' . I say to him ''people are saying the card is fake , it wil break your ds and more . but he's not beleving this shit and want know what the card realy does !!!

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
Never heard of that card r4sdhc.

R4 card yes but is an old card the firmware is 1.18.

R4 can't use sdhc memory card that about it.

Tell your friend that he should have got an Edge or Cyclo ds evo or other flash cards i feel sorry for your mate.
hate2.gif

ozzymud

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4SDHC is not an R4 nor is it an R4-III.

None of the R4 knockoffs (they aint really clones) that i have tested will work properly with SDHC over 4GB. They reconize an 8GB card, but when filled over 4GB the data over the 4GB mark is not reconized properly.

This post has a lot of info about the R4 type knockoffs...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=105...t&p=1401577

The only one i have ever heard of having issues with bricking a DS is then N5, it has(had?) a faulty MicroSD slot where the pins would eventually contact the motherboard of the N5 after inserting the MicroSD card into the N5 causeing a fuse to blow inside the DS.

There are def better choices to the R4 knockoffs for those who dont know what card to get, such as the Acekard 2.1

The R4 type cards i have tried are all still in proper working condition and use a 4GB MicroSD without issues. If you do not expect more then that out of them then there are no issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Wb1DdEdrGSE?si=b0bLxJi6sW6_RSxy