ROM Hack Ragnarok DS - English Translation Project

Anubis

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
melvox said:
When you open the quest info window and press the back button....black screen. haven't checked the others though...

Stay away from the quest info window unless you really need to check a quest (and always save before you do that).

QUOTE(fgghjjkll @ Jan 7 2009, 10:42 AM) some words dont fit the buttons

That's not causing any bugs or crashes as far as I know.

Rigle

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I copy here my last post with the patcher:
QUOTE said:
Hey guys, this is the "patcher" based in ndstool:
Code:
@echo off

echo Put the "Ragnarok.nds" rom in this folder.
pause
ndstool -x Ragnarok.nds -9 arm9.bin -7 arm7.bin -y9 y9.bin -y7 y7.bin -d data -y overlay -t banner.bin -h header.bin
if errorlevel=1 goto :Error
replace X:\YYY\\ZZZ.msg X:\AAA\data\msg\BBB.msg
ndstool -c Ragnarok_English.nds -9 arm9.bin -7 arm7.bin -y9 y9.bin -y7 y7.bin -d data -y overlay -t banner.bin -h header.bin

echo Patched :D
pause
exit

:Error
echo Put the "Ragnarok.nds" rom in this folder.
pause
exit

In the "replace zone" you must put the thing to replace.
I know that this patcher is a sh*t, but I made it fast :/

morbious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also... crash after exiting Archer Guild, crash after accepting quest from Chivalry and exiting the town to prontera east (The guy speaks in Japanese, and then the game freezes and you can't move).

I'd like to request a version of this patch that translates item names, stats, etc. (important things), but none of the story... if possible.

darktehnub

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BanHammer said:
Known bug sofar:
Running on R4 DS

Naming the girl I get black screened with music still playing.

I'm using R4 as well.
We should also state which card we're using!
rolleyes.gif

DarthNemesis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Judas543 said:
hmm can anyone add me to view the spreadsheets. Darth Nemesis said to chat to people but no one was online
There's usually someone on except for really late at night. If not, just hang out until they show up.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey can you add a link to wiki please i like to check if there's a new patch there if you dont update the wiki as much as this thread then never mind thanks anyway

mcspam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bugs I've found (r4):

Usually these crashes aren't instantaneous but happen when something causes the screen to change such as opening the menu or leaving the map.

The merchant guild freezes up when you talk to the guild master after he says the first lines of text - this was fine in the first new patch although the game would freeze as soon as you went into the menu or tried to leave the guild.

Freezes in some quests.

Mirage tower crashed after accepting the loot from 35th floor.

Occasionally compounding a card will cause the game to crash.

Game seems very unstable so far although the translation is good. I think the most stable patch out right now is the unofficial one from gamefaqs (I only had problems changing job to merchant).

kedamono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yay i can play it now, now all i have to do is figure out what the other stuff with the health is but i dont think that will be to hard.

B

ball2012003

the download link is not working for me
can you upload on a different link

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mcspam said:
Game seems very unstable so far although the translation is good. I think the most stable patch out right now is the unofficial one from gamefaqs (I only had problems changing job to merchant).Sorry.
Since we have to actually work on translating the game and editing and reducing the size of files, rather than just stealing someone else's work like SOMEONE, not everything can be tested right away.

QUOTE(Ichigosj @ Jan 7 2009, 06:13 PM) i meant on the first post sry
I meant to do that earlier but I had forgotten. We've had a lot going on today with fixes.
Somewhere along the line the scripts got trashed (Not vandalized, they're just... weird) and its causing tons of issues and missing lines even after they were apparently fixed.
I think we have the problem sorted out though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqydVNaLR1w