ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice job you three, I'm real sorry I haven't been much help this time around :/

Off-topic: Becaused this is technically a Rock Band customs thread, just kinda wanted to throw in there that I have successfully replaced preview tracks in Rock Band: Unplugged.

Yeah, I have a hakked PSP and a hakked Wii.

BTW Mrk, see you finally got RB2 drums
wink.gif

Anyways, the bink audio, like they said, has not been cracked yet. I swear, if I have to waste another coaster, some world organization or something is going to come to my house and tell me to go green >.<

On the bright side, I'll have a hard drive soon, and maybe by then, I'll be able to help waaaaaaaaaay more. Until then, I'm off to crack Metallica midis >.<
Ironic that we're stuck on polar opposites of both games, huh?

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
On the bright side, I'll have a hard drive soon, and maybe by then, I'll be able to help waaaaaaaaaay more. Until then, I'm off to crack Metallica midis >.<

you do realize that the metallica midis are the same as the wt ones, and work on my parser right? no need to do it again.

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
Nice job you three, I'm real sorry I haven't been much help this time around :/

Off-topic: Becaused this is technically a Rock Band customs thread, just kinda wanted to throw in there that I have successfully replaced preview tracks in Rock Band: Unplugged.

Yeah, I have a hakked PSP and a hakked Wii.

BTW Mrk, see you finally got RB2 drums
wink.gif

Anyways, the bink audio, like they said, has not been cracked yet. I swear, if I have to waste another coaster, some world organization or something is going to come to my house and tell me to go green >.<

Replace them in DLC, then all you have to do is keep swapping your SD card and never worry about coasters again
tongue.gif

I'd help with WT customs, but I don't find the game all that enjoyable >.>

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mrwulff said:
SFenton said:

you do realize that the metallica midis are the same as the wt ones, and work on my parser right? no need to do it again.

Yes, but we still need a way to get new .midis into the game. I .<

Replace them in DLC, then all you have to do is keep swapping your SD card and never worry about coasters again
tongue.gif

I'd help with WT customs, but I don't find the game all that enjoyable >.>

I know- but discs are fun to burn!
Plus, the DLC problem gets a bit annoying when you don't have a second SD card lol >.>

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
I know- but discs are fun to burn!
Plus, the DLC problem gets a bit annoying when you don't have a second SD card lol >.>
Right, because waiting 30 minutes for a DVD to burn is so much less annoying than the 20 seconds it takes to copy a file to an SD card and put it back in the Wii >.>

Anyway, does anyone feel like contributing to the cause of Wii RB2 customs? I could really use some peoples' save files to analyze. Just send me your save any way you can get it. It's nocopy protected, so a preloader hack, GeckoOS rebooter, or save extractor is needed.
Don't worry, there's no personal information for me to steal or something. I'm not going to clone your rockers >.>

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
RiderLeangle said:
Is there a way to make custom DLC for GH:WT for Wii?

Not yet. mrwulff is tackling GHWT customs (methinks), and I'm working on Metallica. Wait for GameZelda (ScoreHero) to release a tool, and we might have something going.

AerialX said:
QUOTE(SFenton @ May 17 2009, 12:11 AM) I know- but discs are fun to burn!
Right, because waiting 30 minutes for a DVD to burn is so much less annoying than the 20 seconds it takes to copy a file to an SD card and put it back in the Wii >.>

Anyway, does anyone feel like contributing to the cause of Wii RB2 customs? I could really use some peoples' save files to analyze. Just send me your save any way you can get it. It's nocopy protected, so a preloader hack, GeckoOS rebooter, or save extractor is needed.
Don't worry, there's no personal information for me to steal or something. I'm not going to clone your rockers >.>

I'll send as soon as I can extract it. May I ask what you're looking for in the file?

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
SFenton said:
I'll send as soon as I can extract it. May I ask what you're looking for in the file?
Thanks. I'm looking at rockbnd.bin, wondering exactly how the format is laid out. It seems to be very similar to the DTB format, but a few places don't correspond with usual DTB files (the header is different as well). So I just need some more samples to see if mine is just being strange for some reason, or they're all like that.
The end result I'm going for is to be able to fully parse the files and be able to add song entries to the save (the DLC list is kept in it) at will.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Here is my save. (Not the most recent though, extracted 5 days ago.) http://caitsith2.net/wii/rockband2%20save.rar

copy protection method is no copy flag in the banner file. I do not know if the game recopies the banner file every time it updates the save data. Some games do, and some games don't. You should be able to clear the no-copy flag, and use twintig or something similar to create an SD copyable save file from the data.

You forgot one more method. Full nand dump plus nand-aes keys. That is how I extract my data. If you do it that way, The data is in \title0010000\535a4145\data from the root of the nand dump, and you don't need to include ec.cfg, as that is your wii shop / nintendo wii friend code file. (Every game that uses DLC includes it in its save file.)

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
caitsith2 said:
Here is my save. (Not the most recent though, extracted 5 days ago.) http://caitsith2.net/wii/rockband2%20save.rar

copy protection method is no copy flag in the banner file. I do not know if the game recopies the banner file every time it updates the save data. Some games do, and some games don't. You should be able to clear the no-copy flag, and use twintig or something similar to create an SD copyable save file from the data.

You forgot one more method. Full nand dump plus nand-aes keys. That is how I extract my data. If you do it that way, The data is in \title0010000\535a4145\data from the root of the nand dump, and you don't need to include ec.cfg, as that is your wii shop / nintendo wii friend code file. (Every game that uses DLC includes it in its save file.)
Fantastic, thanks!
I'm actually making all my tools from scratch, since I prefer having one library suite to do everything for me than run files through a chain of different extractors/packers and such. The game does actually recopy the banner whenever it saves, since tueidj said he repacked one with only one icon (so the save didn't animate) but the next time he saved, the game had fixed it.

That reminds me of one more method: use FTPii to extract \title\ 00010000\535a4145\data\rockbnd2.dat. Easy way that keeps your ec.cfg safe.

Mrkinator

Neil Peart Wannabe
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
RiderLeangle said:
Well is there some way to do customs for Rock Band 1?

Yes there is. SFenton, me, and a few others made a guide. Rb2 is kinds different this time around.
QUOTE(vettacossx @ May 17 2009, 09:33 AM) you can get the BNK tools (encoder) from the official website cant you?
The bink files we're dealing with are encrypted

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Mrkinator said:
RiderLeangle said:

Yes there is. SFenton, me, and a few others made a guide. Rb2 is kinds different this time around.

Well is there a guide to make those and to add them to Rock Band (That doesn't involve making a new disk or using USB loader)

AerialX

Certified Sociopath
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
RiderLeangle said:
Mrkinator said:
RiderLeangle said:

Well is there a guide to make those and to add them to Rock Band (That doesn't involve making a new disk or using USB loader)
Well that's impossible since the game doesn't look for any DLC or anything on an SD card. You'll need to burn it or USB load it.
I was doing a project that would've made that possible at one point, but I think DLC is the better way to go for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck