Not open for further replies.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That's good and all but, now all we need are games that a) are worth it to import and b) actually aren't available in your own region.

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
It's liberal bullshit like this that makes everything go to shit. It's not like the loader even supports piracy, for fuck's sake...

The loader allows you to do a number of things which Nintendo would frown upon, overcoming their region lock being one of them. EmuNAND allows you to go around the demo usage limit as well. You can do those things without even owning a flash device. Would you like to have a major company breathing down your neck, for whatever reason? Better safe than sorry.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pong isn't a mod he just likes to pretend he is
or he is just preventing a topic lock, because this is very usefull information.

i thought it was simply to do, byedit a simple textfile in systemfirmware or spoof it, but i wasn't because i dont have the knowledgeto do that. can anybody explain what this patch exactly does ( like redirecting or spoofing)?

i should have this way earlier for harvest moon, those games take years to port from us to eu

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The loader allows you to do a number of things which Nintendo would frown upon, overcoming their region lock being one of them. EmuNAND allows you to go around the demo usage limit as well. You can do those things without even owning a flash device. Would you like to have a major company breathing down your neck, for whatever reason? Better safe than sorry.

To be honest, they are mostly (if not only) worried about the flashcards or potential rom loaders.

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait.... This means that after patching the hex codes, GW mode will allow you to load retail carts from any region??? Holy moley.

All we need is to figure out why retail saves on emunand and sysnand differ and I will be getting a new 4.5 3DS.

Eh?
That's obviously, it's that the emuNAND is using a different per console generated key (in laymans terms)..that explains why eshop data isn't transferrable either.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Region free for 3DS carts only or 3DS + DSi (read: Dsi enhanced games, as DS games are already region free)?

Guess I'll start importing then.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
wow, GBATemp sure has some stupid rules, like not linking to a freaking LOADER FILE.... It's liberal bullshit like this that makes everything go to shit. It's not like the loader even supports piracy, for fuck's sake...
It's not "liberal bullshit", the loader contains copyrighted Nintendo code. See the thread where GBAtemp was asked to take them down by Nintendo.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
See, that I wasn't aware happened. Thank you for informing me of this news, and top of the morning to you, good sir. *takes off top-hat, and takes a bow*

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since this patch is already out there, we should expect to see this in the next gateway firmware update, right?

customer and non-customer service with a smile :lol:

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
since this patch is already out there, we should expect to see this in the next gateway firmware update, right?

customer and non-customer service with a smile :lol:

I don't think so, although they could bring the feature in a later release. I'm impressed in how little information was needed to change in the launcher to get region free working, and if I'm not mistaken, this is done over an encrypted launcher. I wonder if firmware spoof and the SDK logo patch is working as well.

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
It would be cool if the launcher could be patched with this only in classic mode so GW mode would still work for ROMS. Then we would have the best of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff