Homebrew [Release] Linux for the 3DS

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's kind of impractical to use Linux on the 3DS for anything serious when you could just, you know, make a native homebrew program. but who knows?
I think it really depends on whether or not somebody will be able to make drivers for it. With proper drivers it could basically become a super tiny laptop.

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it really depends on whether or not somebody will be able to make drivers for it. With proper drivers it could basically become a super tiny laptop.
This is exactly what I would like this project to become. I'd even dream of the bottom screen being usable as both a touchpad and a virtual keyboard (touch based, not key based). But maybe I dream too much :D

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It hangs on at "Running ARM9 payload" on my 9.0 N3DS... What can I do?

EDIT: Well, I guess I was just having bad luck... I retried 6 times before getting it to work but now it loads up about 90% of times.

Last edited by UraKn0x,

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want someone to gain arm9 access to see projects like this flourish.
Ehh, what? ARM9 access is already gained (on <9.2 ) and a downgrade method is going to be available soon... Literally ALL consoles are exploitable rn. @xerpi just needs to write some sort of ARM9 payload/kernel or something that lets us have NAND, WiFi, etc. access.

crumpetz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ehh, what? ARM9 access is already gained (on <9.2 ) and a downgrade method is going to be available soon... Literally ALL consoles are exploitable rn. @xerpi just needs to write some sort of ARM9 payload/kernel or something that lets us have NAND, WiFi, etc. access.
I didn't know that. What do people mean when they say that emulators could run better if they had kernel access?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...