A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I reinstalled unlaunch. It has sound on but still gives me ''an error has occured''
You need there to not be sound in the menu, go to TWiLight Menu++ settings and find the Unlaunch page then make sure to set Launcher Patches to On.

You mean 2.0? Installed that when I met DSi Hacking when I got scammed for buying a good DSi with an outdated r4.
2.0 is the correct version, however that's not all I mean. TWiLight Menu++ has an option to disable the patches Unlaunch can do to the DSi Menu, but to run homebrew from the menu you'll need those patches.

How did you do that?
I appreciate any reply
It should be pretty simple, just generate the forwarders then install them in NTM, however NDSForwarder-DSi has since been released and it uses the modern forwarder template so better to use it.

With NDSForwarder-DSi you can just install to SDNAND (doesn't matter if you don't have hiya) then switch over to NTM and back up the title from SDNAND and restore it to SysNAND.

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
You need there to not be sound in the menu, go to TWiLight Menu++ settings and find the Unlaunch page then make sure to set Launcher Patches to On.
How can I access this with the config file? (since I can't launch TWL++'s settings since I updated from an outdated version to the valentine's update)
generate the forwarders then install them in NTM
Can you please explain how?
*sorry for asking too much ik it's inconvenient*

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
How can I access this with the config file? (since I can't launch TWL++'s settings since I updated from an outdated version to the valentine's update)
It's sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/settings.ini, loading settings may work if you hold SELECT while loading TWiLight, unfortunately yeah there's been a lot of crashing in the latest update though...

Can you please explain how?
*sorry for asking too much ik it's inconvenient*
With NDSForwarder-DSi you can just install to SDNAND (doesn't matter if you don't have hiya) then switch over to NTM and back up the title from SDNAND and restore it to SysNAND.
^ it's just that
  1. Download NDSForwarder-DSi
  2. Open NDSForwarder-DSi and install the games you want
  3. Open NTM, select Titles, and back up all the forwarder
  4. Back out to the main menu of NTM and switch to SysNAND
  5. Go to Restore and restore all the backups

Reactions: Ahmeteled

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
I installed MakeForwarder but it seems to not show them on the DSi menu

EDIT: I did the backup thingy to TWL++ and it works perfectly fine ;D
I appreciate such dangerous but genius invention
Thank you :)

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I installed MakeForwarder but it seems to forward titles to HiyaCFW instead
That's why you need to back up the forwarders from SDNAND (which is hiyaCFW, but hiya isn't actually required) and restore the backups. Also don't use MakeForwarder it's very outdated now, NDSForwarder will work a lot better.

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
I appreciate your help and all but I have a question.
Is there a way to turn on volume in sysNAND menu and be able launch forwarders and homebrew?
It's just a shower thought.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate your help and all but I have a question.
Is there a way to turn on volume in sysNAND menu and be able launch forwarders and homebrew?
It's just a shower thought.
Unfortunately, not currently. It's certainly possible to do if nocash were to add an option to Unlaunch or someone reverse engineered Unlaunch enough to patch it more specifically, currently though the patch is all or nothing.

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Hello again. I appreciate your great invention but there is a small flaw. Some games like GTA: Chinatown wars and Clubhouse Games give me the red screen of anti-piracy. Is there any way to fix it or do I have to boot them via TWL++?

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
Hello again. I appreciate your great invention but there is a small flaw. Some games like GTA: Chinatown wars and Clubhouse Games give me the red screen of anti-piracy. Is there any way to fix it or do I have to boot them via TWL++?
Hmm, they should work as long as you're using a recent version of the forwarder (not MakeForwarder, it didn't support automatic AP patches) and have TWiLight Menu++ installed... Could maybe try copying the apfix.pck file over to the forwarder folder I guess, though it should find it in either TWiLight or the forwarder's folders. See this section of the wiki page for details.

You could also manually AP patch the ROMs using RetroGameFan's nds-scene ROM tool, it shouldn't be needed though unless you're using outdated forwarders.

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I'm using NDSForwarder-DSi. I believe it's newer than MakeForwarder
Yep, that's the current recommended forwarder generator. It's probably either that you're missing the apfix.pck somehow or other, or maybe you need to mess with some of the settings (card read dma or such) by holding Y while booting the forwarder. If you've got the apfix file and messing with settings doesn't help I'll take a look and see if I can reproduce it I guess.

Oh might also help to turn on nds-bootstrap logging in TWiLight Menu++ settings, then upload the log file made after running it using the forwarder.

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
I did everything you told me and the red screen is gone. All I have to do is get rid of the mid-game crashes

Ahmeteled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
I used the outdated forwarder, the new one, apFix.pck, apFix.ips literally everything I could that I start to feel like I'm one of you XD

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
OP
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
I meant that I did all I could and the mid-game crashes are persistent.
I would appreciate any suggestion.
Hmm, does it work when played from TWiLight Menu++? My thoughts are probably at least one of:
  • Bad ROM dump, redumping may fix it
  • Some setting is wrong, iirc that game has issues in DSi Mode so make sure it's on default/DS mode. Card Read DMA or 133 MHz (TWL) ARM9 clock may also cause issues
  • SD isn't formatted right, if TWiLight gives an error about not being 32 KB clusters that could be the issue
That's all I can think of really...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P