BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bump FTW!

Version 0.2 released. Check first post for all the new features and fixes
wink.gif

I really hope you enjoy my homebrew. Peace.

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great! And maybe you can make one that isn't 1:1 aspect so you can use it like its a mouse. But make two versions because some people may like the 1:1 aspect, personally I would like it just like a mouse because my screen protector is the fake one, although its good enough for games, it doesn't entirely fit the touch screen so the far parts of the computer monitor(like scrolling) are out of reach. And maybe switch the Y and Z on the keyboard so its like a normal keyboard.

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
mermehma said:
This is great! And maybe you can make one that isn't 1:1 aspect so you can use it like its a mouse. But make two versions because some people may like the 1:1 aspect, personally I would like it just like a mouse because my screen protector is the fake one, although its good enough for games, it doesn't entirely fit the touch screen so the far parts of the computer monitor(like scrolling) are out of reach. And maybe switch the Y and Z on the keyboard so its like a normal keyboard.
Thanks for your comment and feedback, always good
smile.gif

About the aspect ratio - I will make a accelerated version as an alternative to the 1:1 aspect right now. Its on its way
wink.gif

About the pointer not reaching most outer areas, I am going to release a fix for this, because I've noticed it myself. It is some wrong calculations causing this.
I will think about changing the Y and Z.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not working for me. The coordinates are showing up on the top screen so it isn't the touch screen. Mouse/keyboard control etc aren't working. Any ideas why?

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
UPDATE:

I've tracked down a bug - related to those of you who are not able to connect - the bug is occuring when manually inputting connection data. I will release a hotfix shortly. Until then, put a "rtds_settings.txt" on the root of your cartridge with the following:
"rtds_settings.txt":
Code:
server-ip-address:port-number
Example:
Code:
192.168.0.196:7777

UPDATE:

Bug solved and hotfix released (0.2.1) - look in first post. Sorry for the mistake.

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason the mouse clicks aren't working. And where can we find a media extender? Does windows media player have a plugin?

HeNMaNOLC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
First up I´ve to tell you, that I really like the program and that it worked out fine during my test runs.
Sometimes though the cursor didn´t work while left and right clicking still was possible.
Although I couldn´t get the restart/shutdown function to work.
As for the MEX, which was working perfectly on Windows Media Player, I´d rather use it on VLC which wasn´t possible at the moment.

Hope you keep up the good work and perfect the prog.
yaynds.gif

(BTW I just made a small batchfile to speedup Server starting)

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
For some reason the mouse clicks aren't working. And where can we find a media extender? Does windows media player have a plugin?
It not a plugin - just make sure the media player you are using can handle the media control standard keys -- and most players are able to do this.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It would be awesome if you could add a mouse mode like that of a laptop touchpad, with dragging simulating relative mouse movement, tapping resulting in a single click, tapping and dragging working as drag-and-drop (when getting close to the edge of the screen, the cursor keeps moving even if you hold) and maybe even a simulated scroll bar on the right.

Distorted Soul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a NICE app. Thanks!
yaynds.gif

Stuff you should change/add

1. Make server that you don't have to use the command prompt to run. It would make things a little easier.

2. Add Arrow keys on the keyboard

3. Configure the D-Pad so that that direction button that you press on the D-pad corresponds to the direction of the mouse cursor.

4. Change the uppercase letters on the keyboard display to lower case letters and add a shift button to make them uppercase.

5. Add hot-key commands. For example: hit "ctrl"(control) on the keyboard then "s" to save a document, or hit "ctrl" and then "c" to copy text, files, etc. If you choose to include this, make sure add MOST of the control-commands.

6. Add a "Tab" button to the keyboard.

7. Add a "ctrl"(control) button to the keyboard.

8. Add a "capslk"(Caps Lock) button to the keyboard.

9. Add a "#"(number)Symbol to the keyboard.

10. Add a "%"(percent) symbol to the keyboard.

11. Add a "^" symbol to the keyboard.

12. Add a "*"(asteric) symbol to the keyboard.

13. Add a "+"(plus) symbol to the keyboard.

14. Add a "="(equal) symbol to the keyboard.

15. Add "[" and "]"(brackets) symbols to the keyboard.

16. Add a "\"(backslash) symbol to the keyboard.

17. Add "" symbols to the keyboard.

18. Add an "Esc"(Escape) button to the keyboard.

19. Add the ability to see the monitor of the computer host.

20. Add sound effects to the keyboard.

21. Add a wireless signal notifier icon

22. add a "_"(underscore) to the keyboard.

Bugs/errors

1. I can't reach to my taskbar at the bottom of my computer monitor/screen.

2. When I press the volume control buttons enough times, all of the buttons including the mouse clicks stop working.

3. When I press the volume controls, the volume does not increase smoothly.

4. When I press the volume control buttons, a very disturbing ringing sound effect occurs.

5. The following keyboard buttons do not work: "-", "/", ":", ";", "(", ")", "$", "&", "@", """", ",", "?", "!", "'"

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the response! I will be sure to include most of these suggested features in the next release + fix the bugs you have adressed
wink.gif

QUOTE said:
They are there... if you are in "MEX"-mode you can use them with D-pad.

QUOTEIt would be awesome if you could add a mouse mode like that of a laptop touchpad, with dragging simulating relative mouse movement, tapping resulting in a single click, tapping and dragging working as drag-and-drop (when getting close to the edge of the screen, the cursor keeps moving even if you hold) and maybe even a simulated scroll bar on the right.
I am already looking into getting accelerated cursor movements as a second option, stay tuned.

mermehma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although the latest update didn't do much for me it seemed that I was able to use it without having to restart the DS because before, I had to restart the DS when it couldn't connect to WFC.
Good Work! Keep it up!

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
erm, i typed ipconfig but all i got was a quick black screen then nothing.. any other way to check?
i share the internet with another computer, does it affect which computer the ds is connected to? since my computer's doing nothing.
edit: nvm, it works, but its really hard to draw with it, since the lines keeps jumping and are dodgy. but good though!

BlazerRazor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Distorted Soul said:
BlazerRazor said:
QUOTE said:
They are there... if you are in "MEX"-mode you can use them with D-pad.
I meant on the KEYBOARD, NOT MEX mode. But you may seriously want to consider making a FULL keyboard.
Al right, I'll look into it
wink.gif

I will add the most used hotkeys (like ctrl-alt-del, ctrl+c, ctrl+p and so fourth), and also enable arrows in "keyboard"-mode.

I am really glad for all the feedback, it will really make Remote Touch DS streamlined and robust. You can always checkout what is scheduled for the next upcoming release in the first post.

HeNMaNOLC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As I said before I really like your app and I´ve to add that it is really awesome how fast you´re replying to all the love and problems and buglisting that is done on this forum.
Nevertheless you still skipped my previous post and left some questions unanswered.

(1) How do I enable the MEX with vlc (although it worked perfectly with Windows Media Player which I don´t like to use)?

(2) How come the "MouseMode" seems skipping to work (does/doesn´t) during one session, while all the rest functions?

(3) Has anyone else had problems with the "Restart/Shutdown" option, as I think it´s one of the best ideas (loving to be in bed watching movies)

(4) (and not afore mentioned by me) some of the missing Keyboard buttons as simple as

(5) As some have written, to "easyfy" server-access I just wrote a batchfile, but I´m sure you can come up with a much superior solution.

Anyhow, I love your stuff and can´t wait to see it grow into (near) perfection.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: There is black rice flour, and its really black colored