Status
Not open for further replies.

Theyrealone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well would they remove that shitty bricking thing when the update hits? ? ? Or i will have to hard-mode the nn3ds

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The people who are saying it is fake are just trolls.

They said in their previous update that they found a way to make it work on the new 3DS.

Sky, the game is over.

Gateway Vs Sky = Gateway wins by KO:gun:

Gateway is the only way to go :yay:

Reactions: andalù 69

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nobody has been GW bricked for a long time, it was only ever 2.0b2 that caused accidental bricks and afaik only 1 person got bricked on a higher version, but that person was trying to hack the launcher to get the 7.x keys from it, as long as you don't start trying to hack the gateway launcher i doubt they will be making that mistake again

octopus

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I have no interest in faking it but I’ve been talking to GW for a while on a completely different matter and the person behind the email just said yesterday:
Screenshot%202014-11-14%2012.37.07.png

Reactions: CrazyMage and Vappy

Wildblood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I don't know why this thread exists...the OP is definitely fake (as evidenced by the millions of other replies received by other users). They wouldn't randomly message one person with internal secrets. They copy-paste their answers to all questions (as they should).

As for working on it - of course they are! I'm working on going super-saiyan, but that doesn't mean we'll get anywhere. I have a lot of respect for all the work Gateway has done and their regular updates. Despite the whole brick-scandal, they provide a quality solution. I'm hopeful that they will find a way to work on 9.x and New 3DS, but as of right now, there is no news in the wild to suggest that they're close to accomplishing this.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Huh. Well, more proof.....

This proof is enough :

They are preparing a big update.

The brick scandal? I have no compassion for the cloners. They defend their "beef", it's normal. The cloners have shitty support.

And the new features were all brought by Gateway. I mean MT card released first the multirom but Gateway was already working on it, they just focused on the emunand feature.

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nobody has been GW bricked for a long time, it was only ever 2.0b2 that caused accidental bricks and afaik only 1 person got bricked on a higher version, but that person was trying to hack the launcher to get the 7.x keys from it, as long as you don't start trying to hack the gateway launcher i doubt they will be making that mistake again
Well, there had been two reports about a "black-screen-of-death" in a German forum. They used the 2.6 launcher and somehow bricked their consoles through updating their EmuNand. Of course; there is no proof (they could also be trolls) but if not...

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
2.6 still has the brick code iirc it's just more carefully implemented to prevent accidental bricks

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well, there had been two reports about a "black-screen-of-death" in a German forum. They used the 2.6 launcher and somehow bricked their consoles through updating their EmuNand. Of course; there is no proof (they could also be trolls) but if not...
Nope the blackscreen stuff is true....but its not the brick code its people not following the guide and updating the system in gateway mode without setting emunand up first....i did do a warning about this back with 2.52.4b
https://gbatemp.net/threads/warning-when-updating-emunand.372849/

Barta

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
They are just saying that they support EMUNAND to update to 9.0, not SYSNAND 9.0

Xirix

Trophies
XP
Country
That might be the case, but the guy mentions the New 3DS in the same sentence.. which could invalidate that theory. Though I will remain sceptical until something's actually posted on gateway's website.

Reactions: yuyuyup

xyzman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Gateway website just updated with the following notice:

SUPPORT FOR FIRMWARE 9.0 – 9.2 COMING

Posted on November 14, 2014
We recently reached a major milestone and now we are happy to announce that we are in the process of finalizing our support for 3DS systems running System Firmware 9.0.0-20 / 9.1.0-20J / 9.2.0-20 natively!
Yes, this includes 2DS and New 3DS!

Yes, you heard us right! If you have a 3DS, or a 2DS or a New 3DS system that is running System Firmware 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20 then you WILL be able to use it with Gateway 3DS!
We recommend the following to our interested users:
- If you are on native System Firmare 4.5, then please stay at this version.
- If you are on native System Firmware 5.0 or higher, then please update to 9.0.0-20, 9.1.0-20J or 9.2.0-20 and stay on this version. Do not update beyond this version.

But we also need help from YOU our loyal users!
We need you to get the word out to your community, friends and family that they must not update their 3DS beyond the version we recommended above!

We cannot guarantee that our solution will keep working with future updates above 9.2.0-20!

Looks like they reverce-engineered the exploit Sky3DS is using. Or they found a way to downgrade 9.0 to 4.5

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yep the fact they tell 4.x users to stay there suggests this is not going to be as good as the 4.x exploit and is more likely just another card emulation device like sky3ds

Reactions: yuyuyup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2