Restoring SysNAND backup from another 3ds

hevasdq95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while ago, I sent my 2dsxl to nintendo for a screen replacement. Before sending my 2ds in, I made a backup of the sysnand and removed CFW following the guide to bring the system back to stock to avoid any issues with it having CFW with Nintendo. Now when I got it back, instead of sending me the same console back, they sent me a new one which was repaired. So what I want to know is can i use the same sysnand backup without any issues? Another thing is that when I formatted the system, I made a dummy mii and in the new system, the dummy mii is still there making me think that the system was transfered to the new one but I don't know for sure. Any help is appriciated!

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Transferring SysNAND backups between different 3DS units is generally not advised due to hardware and encryption mismatches. Nintendo's data transfer might not cover all system-specific data, which could lead to issues. It's worth exploring if Nintendo can officially assist with transferring any additional data you need. Using backups made for a specific device on another can risk bricking the system or other unintended consequences.
flashing a sysnand from another console wont just risk bricking the other console. It WILL brick the other console. They could decrypt the nand possibly and install and backup what they get.

kitman8484

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also have a problem with my New Nintendo 2DS XL. So heres my story: I backed up my System NAND applications to a .cia file (backed it up as "Backup to CIA (standard)") I then went to FBI to reinstall them to my 2DS XL and when I tried to open my system settings on my 2DS XL, it then crashed, do I now need a full copy of the application, because when I removed my SD card from the 2DS XL and turned it back on again, it just shows a black blank icon. Did I do something wrong here

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@kitman8484
Your problem is completely unrelated to this thread.
Anyway, NAND (preinstalled) titles have universal legit signature which means you can (and should!) dump them as legit CIA file. Somewhere deep in my memory – could be wrong – I believe to remember that Luma3DS doesn't patch signature checks on NAND titles.

Please read through this topic – similar problem (searching system title). You will have to reinstall the settings app with universal legit signature. Although you obviously have a license (the console) for using the settings app, we may not share it here. It is still Nintendo copyrighted content.

Damaging settings is a special case. It could render safe mode inoperable (I didn't try).

4d1xlaan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma does patch signature checks on nand titles. The problem here is that the system expects nand titles to be encrypted, but (standard) cias dumped in godmode9 are decrypted. You might encounter this problem one day if you ever like to use dev fw tools

It's better to reinstall clean signed copies of the system titles, so that they'll keep working if you ever want to remove b9s for any reason, but in theory just re-dumping the cia in godmode9, encrypting it with cia options, and installing the encrypted one should do the trick. It will still be unsigned and wont work without cfw so be aware

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh cool that Bodycam games out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ratings for it are calling it bad, but it looks cool. Damn 48/100 rating.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    looks are deceiving
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea people always down vote games anymore seems like, good or bad, bunch of haters
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, review bombing?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah seems like people hate on original ideas anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh were sorry our small dev team can't shit out a cod clone every 6 months
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly positive on steam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Eew, you use steam, I'm down voting you cause you not using or playing what I like.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes and epic and gog, sleep with me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gay
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Homophobic
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, whats wrong with steam?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nothing, I was just teasing
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He's a big tease trying to take my booty
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No, I don't wanna make ancientboi mad, I know you two already have a thing going
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He divorced me once I threatened him with the fbi
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2,
    he also fucked uremum despite being gay
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah so did you and I want back child support pay enjoy the lawsuits
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, im virgin
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: