AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That suggests to me the bios files you were using before were wrong/broken in someway?
Perhaps I have been using the same bios since the very early days of PS1 emulation on PC so it has been copied from and to a huge number of PCs and laptops ect over god knows how many years.

Still strange it worked with the other 20 odd games I have on the WiiU sd card yet it gave me problems with Buster Bros Collection. Not to worry though everything working now lol.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Perhaps I have been using the same bios since the very early days of PS1 emulation on PC so it has been copied from and to a huge number of PCs and laptops ect over god knows how many years.

Still strange it worked with the other 20 odd games I have on the WiiU sd card yet it gave me problems with Buster Bros Collection. Not to worry though everything working now lol.
Yep, as long as everything's working now :D

Reactions: AmandaRose

lustyoompah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about getting arcade sticks set up with Retroarch. So far I've got the Wii Fighting Stick set up and working perfectly using a Brook converter, but I also have a Qanba Q4 that has PS3, xBox360, and PC settings. I'm trying to get it to play with the Wii U and it looks like any converters that did exist for it are long sold out.

Is there any homebrew that would allow me to use this stick in Retroarch? (It would also be great if I could get it working with Nintendont/vWii/Wii U itself, etc) Thanks in advance for any advice!

lustyoompah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a 3 in 1 (or really, I guess 2 in 1, it looks like it can toggle between xinput and dinput) for PS3/360/PC. I picked it up for very cheap so it's been a fun project so far.

Do you have to know the Mayflash model? I have a Magic S-Pro 2 heading to me right now, but from what I could tell it looked like it just worked for PS4/Switch.

I also have a Brook Super Converter for "Wii/Wii-U/SW/PS4 to SW/PS4" that has worked to get an old Wii Fighting Stick working with the PS4, Switch, and Wii U but since it's got the weird Wii input on it I'm not sure that helps anything (it is very cool though.

Maxbeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a 3 in 1 (or really, I guess 2 in 1, it looks like it can toggle between xinput and dinput) for PS3/360/PC. I picked it up for very cheap so it's been a fun project so far.

Do you have to know the Mayflash model? I have a Magic S-Pro 2 heading to me right now, but from what I could tell it looked like it just worked for PS4/Switch.

I also have a Brook Super Converter for "Wii/Wii-U/SW/PS4 to SW/PS4" that has worked to get an old Wii Fighting Stick working with the PS4, Switch, and Wii U but since it's got the weird Wii input on it I'm not sure that helps anything (it is very cool though.

Xbox to Wii or USB to Wii? Not sure but something along those lines. And yes I’ve had a Brooks that adapts Xinput to the Wii U front USB and that thing is the bomb. I use it with my Street Fighter IV Fightstick.

@ploggy Any idea how to get Nekketsu Oyako to stop stuttering and play faster?

Last edited by Maxbeta,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Xbox to Wii or USB to Wii? Not sure but something along those lines. And yes I’ve had a Brooks that adapts Xinput to the Wii U front USB and that thing is the bomb. I use it with my Street Fighter IV Fightstick.

@ploggy Any idea how to get Nekketsu Oyako to stop stuttering and play faster?
Sorry didn't get a notification... Sure, load the Game, open the Quick Menu, goto Core Options>System and change the PSX CPU Clock Speed to 45 ;)
That should make the game run fullspeed!

Reactions: Maxbeta

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone provide me with the latest version of pcsx rearmed.rpx please

I downloaded one from the link https://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/wiiu/latest/ but the screen is black when loading the games.
That is the latest Version of the Core, you can also get the latest Core from within Retroarch too, Through the Online Updater>Core Downloader ;)
I'm getting the same Blackscreen issue as you :/ use this version for now..

Best for anyone else reading this to not use the Online Updater for the PS1 Core for now until its fixed..

EDIT: the Fixed build is on the Buildbot/Online Updater so grab it from there.

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: fmhugo and zigoraty

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That is the latest Version of the Core, you can also get the latest Core from within Retroarch too, Through the Online Updater>Core Downloader ;)
I'm getting the same Blackscreen issue as you :/ use this version for now..

Best for anyone else reading this to not use the Online Updater for the PS1 Core for now until its fixed..
Thanks Ploggy!

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Ploggy!
No probs ;)

I bisected the recent PS1 changes and I think I've narrowed down the issue.. I've reported it so we'll see what happens :D
Post automatically merged:

Ok, crisis averted :P Notaz has fixed the issue. Fix should hit the buildbot in 12-24 hrs ;)

In the meantime stick with whatever working build you have for now, or if you've already got the duff build download the one from my post here :)

Last edited by ploggy,

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sem problemas;)

Dividi ao meio as mudanças recentes do PS1 e acho que reduzi o problema.:D
Post automatically merged:

Ok, crise evitada :P Notaz corrigiu o problema. A correção deve chegar ao buildbot em 12 a 24 horas;)

Enquanto isso, continue com qualquer versão funcional que você tenha no momento ou, se você já tiver a versão duff, baixe aquela do meu post aqui :)
I had black screen problem in this attached version, I tried an older version and it worked

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had black screen problem in this attached version, I tried an older version and it worked
Really? :P I must have updated earlier in the day before uploaded it.. my fault for not testing before uploading.. sorry.
The fixed build is on the Online Updater and the Buildbot now anyway, just tested to be sure this time ;)

Jilou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello ^^,

I have just tested the PS1 core for RetroArch Wii U and that works, but I had 38 fps, should I change any settings before playing ?
Thank you so much for your work ^^.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello ^^,

I have just tested the PS1 core for RetroArch Wii U and that works, but I had 38 fps, should I change any settings before playing ?
Thank you so much for your work ^^.
In what game? some games just cant reach fullspeed for now. I'm guessing a fighting game?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was Nascar Racing ...
I hope tomorrow I will have more time to play and test other games ^^.
I just tried Nascar Racing.. it would freeze if I tried to skip the initial FMV, but if I let it play I can get ingame where it runs fine.. 100fps if I Fast Forward :)

zigoraty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tested yugioh forbidden memories and the game had this problem when I try to display the 3D models of cards in battle. It is probably a lightrec bug because in some older versions of wiistation this problem was also occurring, but in the latest compilations this has been corrected. I know this is a retroarch/wiiu thread, but looking at the code changes page for wiistation for wii, the new lightrec fixed that issue and a few others, plus 3D games got impressive performance. If there is a way to compile the core with the latest Lightrec it might maybe fix the problem.

Attachments

• 20230831_182744.jpg
    20230831_182744.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 17
Last edited by zigoraty,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tested yugioh forbidden memories and the game had this problem when I try to display the 3D models of cards in battle. It is probably a lightrec bug because in some older versions of wiistation this problem was also occurring, but in the latest compilations this has been corrected. I know this is a retroarch/wiiu thread, but looking at the code changes page for wiistation for wii, the new lightrec fixed that issue and a few others, plus 3D games got impressive performance. If there is a way to compile the core with the latest Lightrec it might maybe fix the problem.
I played this game through the first battle and didnt get any error?

Reactions: zigoraty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk, I mean it had a new release back in March https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/releases
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not sure how recent hardware it supports though
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean for 1st party routers iirc linksys use to support it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhhh that I have no idea
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pretty cool though if so
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or from what ive heard ways to set custom imgs for 1st party routers so locked down now days
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    OPNsense VM and specs and specs of system it's running on. https://imgur.com/a/S9wgGUD
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Anyone knows