Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Ploggy, I didn't look too deep into it, but I got stuck trying to understand if we had any kind implementation of the libogc already in the WiiU "branch" or not. That's where I got lost unfortunately. I haven't heard back from Wiimpathy either. One can only hope someone more knowledgeable takes interest for this as it would be extremely valuable.
It's ok it'll get done eventually, someone will pop up and get it finished :)

Reactions: jacobsson

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The Aroma port works fine for like 90% of the Cores (some fail to compile with the new wut changes and will need per Core work to get working) but the main issue right now is the really long loading time :/
It can take up to 2 mins to load Core from the WiiU Menu to loading the game itself. There's also an issue with Core switching too. But other than those 2 issues the Aroma port is pretty stable :)

This is where the Aroma port is right now.

jacobsson

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The Aroma port works fine for like 90% of the Cores (some fail to compile with the new wut changes and will need per Core work to get working) but the main issue right now is the really long loading time :/
It can take up to 2 mins to load Core from the WiiU Menu to loading the game itself. There's also an issue with Core switching too. But other than those 2 issues the Aroma port is pretty stable :)

Nice to see!
Any idea what causing the loading times? I guess I wouldn't matter if loaded from USB or NAND.

Reactions: ploggy

september796

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

so can you use padcon and every other aroma plugin while on RA?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so can you use padcon and every other aroma plugin while on RA?
I guess so? tbh I'm not sure I'm still rocking Tira exclusively, I only switched to Aroma to test and make that vid :P so I'm not sure all what Aroma can do.. But when we get a fully functional Aroma Retroarch then I'll finally retire my Tira setup lol

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK so I have a new issue no matter what core I use save states no longer work. Trying to make a save state gives a task failed message and trying to load a save state gives a failed to load message.

Weird thing is they worked fine upto about an hour ago and the actual in game saves still save and load fine just the save states are buggered.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OK so I have a new issue no matter what core I use save states no longer work. Trying to make a save state gives a task failed message and trying to load a save state gives a failed to load message.

Weird thing is they worked fine upto about an hour ago and the actual in game saves still save and load fine just the save states are buggered.
You know what I'm going to say :^) works for me lol
I have tried quick saving/quick loading with the latest Pcsx Core and I didn't get any Task Failed error message?
I'd suggest deleting you retroarch.cfg and try again? what Core did you try with?

• Love
Reactions: AmandaRose

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know what I'm going to say :^) works for me lol
I hae tried quick saving/quick loading with the latest Pcsx Core and I didn't get any Task Failed error message?
I'd suggest deleting you retroarch.cfg and try again? what Core did you try with?
I tried it with every single core such as snes/ps1/Megadrive ect and save states failed in all of them lol.

But yes your suggestion of removing the cfg file has fixed the issue.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tried it with every single core such as snes/ps1/Megadrive ect and save states failed in all of them lol.

But yes your suggestion of removing the cfg file has fixed the issue.
It's really strange the retroarch.fg can be messed up so easily and then cause such random issues. But glad it's sorted ;)

Reactions: AmandaRose

alfonsovin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yesterday I discovered that Gamepad analog stick has a button inside and that if you push the left one invoque Mame menu

It’s great but I need change this option to other button but I can’t find where this setup

Last edited by alfonsovin,
Reactions: Maxbeta

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
What about this?

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
yeah ik there's still working in that port to Aroma of RA Wii U but it's still somewhat buggy, and with bad loading times, like @ploggy explained. But besides that, it is very functional.
Yeah, that is exactly why I was asking since I saw that video and realized that the other message was outdated.

Is it available somewhere to test?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH