Website
www.live365.com
XP
Country
United States
Review for star wars the force unleash
For the DS​
Story​
While the story is true star wars it is a bit different this time around. Mainly there is more to the story, lots of plot and character development, there is a lot of story here. You play as the anti-Hero Star Killer (really).
Darth Vader finds star killer as a boy after he kills his father, Vader saves the boy from a group of storm troopers so know no one will know he is alive. Over the time of the game he learns the ways of the dark side, killing Vader’s enemies.
Twist after twist and finally you are placed with a choice, I know you may know what the choice is already, but I won’t say. The twists in the game are good, two main ones, one most will see and the other is more of a surprise.
A good story, just not told as well as it could have
Game Play​
This is where the game really separates itself from any other action game on the DS. Using both they touch screen and D-pad.
The d-pad handles movement. L and R to Block.
Touch Screen​
There are six buttons on the touch screen; push, pull, jump, lighting, saber throw, and saber swing. The saber swing is the main attack button. The others use force to use. The buttons are big enough for the player to use their thumb, and most will.
Combos are done with the touch screen and I will say it now some will love this and others will hate it, I am more in the, ok part. To do a combo first you hold down one of the buttons and then slide your finger to another button. Ex. Hold down saber swing and slide to lighting, star killer will slam his saber down and lighting will come out of it. It works but has problems, most of the time it will know what you are trying to do other time it will have no idea.
The game play well fun, but gets old very fast, it works just not great, and it takes a bit to get use to.

GFX and Sound
This game shows just how much can still be done on the DS, in terms of hardware. Force unleash has one of the most detailed and powerful 3d engines for the DS, the detail on the faces will show what I am talking about, the levels are also very nice, but very small. When the saber glows and the bomb blows you will know what I am talking about, but this is not perfect. The fact is the engine fails when a lot of stuff is going on, not to a point that you can’t play, but it will slow pretty good, that’s when the touch screen will sometimes won’t work.
Not much can be said about the sound you know what you are going to get, its star wars and that is what it sounds like.
They have a great 3D engine that shines, and the yes it sounds like star wars, but it sounds old, and it will slow down.
How long will it last
NOT LONG AT ALL! Only about 3 hours, and that is sad. They want you to play two times for the ending but I don’t know how many will. So about 5 ½ hours for 35$ that is a lot of money, the game is not hard, there is multiplayer but its all multi-cart and there is no wi-fi.
6​

In the end​
This is a good game, fun, and different. Great looking and sounding, it may not last forever, but when it’s on you will have a good time. It has a few problems that with more time could make a great game, but as it is now. It’s a really good game.

7.5​

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack