Translation Riivolution patch: Ikenie No Yoru English translation for Wii (100%)

CAPNDRAKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello and thank you for your message.

First I suggest you to run the game with Riivolution but with the translation setting set as "deactivated" : it should run your game in Japanese "as it is", so you'll know it's working by default.

Then try the followings :
  • Check if "savegame redirection" is set to "enabled", and set it to "disabled",
  • Don't forget to import the savegame provided with the patch (although Riivolution seems to work without it, contrary to loaders),
  • Be sure that you have imported the content of the patch at the root of your SD card.
I personally don't use vWii to run my games (though I do own a Wii U) : if you still have troubles, I'll try to use Riivolution with my Wii U and see if it works for me.

Please keep us informed !

Hi
so I have tried just loading the game in riivolution on the vWii by itself and it seems to just go to a black screen (not the save file warning screen) after starting up
put the save data on my actual vWii save files from the patch as directed in the read me

the game does not seem to boot it up with or without the patch on riivolution vWii
I have tried loading it with patch disabled & enabled
then completely took the patch off and tried loading the disc through riivolution and nothing, just a black screen when starting up

I have loaded my original japanese backup trough wiiflow on the vWii and I know that will load

if you could try it on your Wii U and tell me if you run into the same error that would be great
I have a normal Wii and can try to play the game on there
would just be nice to have it all running on one

thanks again for the patches :) Earth Seeker worked great and super happy I got to play that!

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hi
so I have tried just loading the game in riivolution on the vWii by itself and it seems to just go to a black screen (not the save file warning screen) after starting up
put the save data on my actual vWii save files from the patch as directed in the read me

the game does not seem to boot it up with or without the patch on riivolution vWii
I have tried loading it with patch disabled & enabled
then completely took the patch off and tried loading the disc through riivolution and nothing, just a black screen when starting up

I have loaded my original japanese backup trough wiiflow on the vWii and I know that will load

if you could try it on your Wii U and tell me if you run into the same error that would be great
I have a normal Wii and can try to play the game on there
would just be nice to have it all running on one

thanks again for the patches :) Earth Seeker worked great and super happy I got to play that!
I'll try and come back to you, but if you can't run the game even without the patch on, I suspect it has more to do with the console ? (maybe the modding is uncomplete? Or your TV goes on a mode that is not supported, though you shoudn't have troubles since you're NTSC user apparently)... I'm (happily) surprised that Earth Seeker is working for you though.

One thing you could try is to create an iso since you seem to be using wiiflow : the method is provided in the readme and is fast, and it will keep your console in a better state (as it won't be using the optical disc too much).

Plus, the loadings will be shorter.

I'll have you know if I meet trouble with my Wii U, though I actually don't use it for Wii games (original Wii + OSSC is so much more pleasing to the eyes with the scanlines and all ;))

In the meantime , if you succeed in creating an iso, then the problem might come from the console, so please let me know.

Cheers.

Last edited by Brand Newman,
Reactions: Alexander1970

CAPNDRAKE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try and come back to you, but if you can't run the game even without the patch on, I suspect it has more to do with the console ? (maybe the modding is uncomplete? Or your TV goes on a mode that is not supported, though you shoudn't have troubles since you're NTSC user apparently)... I'm (happily) surprised that Earth Seeker is working for you though.

One thing you could try is to create an iso since you seem to be using wiiflow : the method is provided in the readme and is fast, and it will keep your console in a better state (as it won't be using the optical disc too much).

Plus, the loadings will be shorter.

I'll have you know if I meet trouble with my Wii U, though I actually don't use it for Wii games (original Wii + OSSC is so much more pleasing to the eyes with the scanlines and all ;))

In the meantime , if you succeed in creating an iso, then the problem might come from the console, so please let me know.

Cheers.

seems like riivolution for vWii doesn't work for everything, it loaded Earth Seeker (JAP) & Project Zero 2 (PAL) no problem on my NTSC Wii U
But this one seems to just not want to load

tried to find a way to permanently remove region lock and or change the region while the game loads hoping that would help and would let the game start up
but doesn't look like anyone has figured out a mod solution for that yet for the vWii

also I am having a hard time patching it from the ISO
it keeps saying error when I follow the CMD prompt and enter the "wit EXTRACT IKENIE.iso DUMP"
does the ISO need to be put in a certain folder for this to work?

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
seems like riivolution for vWii doesn't work for everything, it loaded Earth Seeker (JAP) & Project Zero 2 (PAL) no problem on my NTSC Wii U

tried to find a way to permanently remove region lock and or change the region while the game loads hoping that would help and would let the game start up
but doesn't look like anyone has figured out a mod solution for that yet for the vWii

it keeps saying error when I follow the CMD prompt and enter the "wit EXTRACT IKENIE.iso DUMP"
The iso must be in the same folder as wit (bin folder). What is the text of your error message please? I suspect your iso might be faulty. Maybe try to make a fresh one since you own a retail disc?

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
update
Translation patch works great... now I just need a patch to fix the control scheme because it's pretty much unplayable for me with the spasticated config it has. :huh:

Yes the mote is overly sensitive, but I found the game to play much better when you turned the rumble function off. Hope it helps!

crossfuse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can I please download someone's patched ISO file? I've tried to get Wiimm's ISO Tool to work through cmd, but I just can't figure it out.

EDIT: Nevermind I think I finally figured out how to use it.

Last edited by crossfuse,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
I got a copy!
And it is even support Wii balance board?:lol:
I am trying it!
Yes. And the board is surprisingly fun to use with. I'm actually planning to bring it next time I see some friends I play retro games with. This will be the occasion to show them my work and make fun of their fear !

opoppopopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China

NTSC Wii U not working here too...
My vWii just work for Captain Rainbow with patch, and Takt of Magic without patch.
Is this game really triggered that trivial differences between a NTSC vWii and a real Wii...

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
NTSC Wii U not working here too...
My vWii just work for Captain Rainbow with patch, and Takt of Magic without patch.
Is this game really triggered that trivial differences between a NTSC vWii and a real Wii...
I wasn't aware that Riivolution had trouble with vWii : I just tried and get a black screen too...

Well... in that case, I suggest to make an ISO with the method provided in the README, since people who use Riivolution certainly have access to a retail disc and loaders.

I'm sorry but it seems to be caused by Riivolution and the Wii U, as Earth Seeker (which I created the same way) is working according to CAPNDRAKE, and the patch works on original Wii as well : so unless somebody releases a new version of Riivolution for vWii, there's not much we can do about it!

Maybe it's connected with video mode not being set on the correct setting by Riivolution with vWii? I know we European users have to set the video mode to "force NTSC" for the game to work with USB Loader, otherwise we get a black screen just like that. But American users have NTSC consoles too, so...

Well anyway, good thing there is the alternate solution of using an ISO, hope you won't find it too inconvenient !

Regards.

Last edited by Brand Newman,

opoppopopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I wasn't aware that Riivolution had trouble with vWii : I just tried and get a black screen too...

Well... in that case, I suggest to make an ISO with the method provided in the README, since people who use Riivolution certainly have access to a retail disc and loaders.

I'm sorry but it seems to be caused by Riivolution and the Wii U, as Earth Seeker (which I created the same way) is working according to CAPNDRAKE, and the patch works on original Wii as well : so unless somebody releases a new version of Riivolution for vWii, there's not much we can do about it!

Maybe it's connected with video mode not being set on the correct setting by Riivolution with vWii? I know we European users have to set the video mode to "force NTSC" for the game to work with USB Loader, otherwise we get a black screen just like that. But American users have NTSC consoles too, so...

Well anyway, good thing there is the alternate solution of using an ISO, hope you won't find it too inconvenient !

Regards.

Gecko 1.9 on Wii U will load it ! (in Japaneses...of course:wink:) but at least it worked

So as you said, It is definitely some thing should be done in the riivolusion side...

Hope we can identify the difference between them...

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Gecko 1.9 on Wii U will load it ! (in Japaneses...of course:wink:) but at least it worked

So as you said, It is definitely some thing should be done in the riivolusion side...

Hope we can identify the difference between them...

BTW, If the game boots with Riivolution on a regular Wii but untranslated, then it means that the paths for the patch are certainly incorrect.

Are you using an SD card, or do you boot your homebrews from an USB driver, maybe? If you're booting Riivolution from USB, then the paths must be modified accordingly, I guess.

Try using an SD card, and put everything that is on the zip file at the root.

Then, boot Riivolution from the SD : it should look for the patch on the card, not the USB driver, and the game should run translated.

If it works, next step is to guess how to modify paths in the xml file, so Riivolution will look for the patch on the USB driver instead.

Start with this first step, and let me know.

opoppopopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
BTW, If the game boots with Riivolution on a regular Wii but untranslated, then it means that the paths for the patch are certainly incorrect.

Are you using an SD card, or do you boot your homebrews from an USB driver, maybe? If you're booting Riivolution from USB, then the paths must be modified accordingly, I guess.

Try using an SD card, and put everything that is on the zip file at the root.

Then, boot Riivolution from the SD : it should look for the patch on the card, not the USB driver, and the game should run translated.

If it works, next step is to guess how to modify paths in the xml file, so Riivolution will look for the patch on the USB driver instead.

Start with this first step, and let me know.

Forget about that Wii... that machine have really messy ios, cios, menu, channel, I got it from a friend...:glare:

My curious/problem is:
on WiiU, why riivolution can’t run it (even without patch, by turn off, completely remove xml, files etc.)
but Gecko can run it at least.

I plan to complete restore that Wii to offical ios, menu, delete all mess first, if I am not bricking it during the process...

opoppopopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Last edited by opoppopopp,

opoppopopp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Play a little with default Japaneses text, with Gecko on WiiU vWii.

I have to admit, it is bumping my heart...more than other horror game I've played...

I think it's because the player control/view really limited in this game.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Forget about that Wii... that machine have really messy ios, cios, menu, channel, I got it from a friend...:glare:

My curious/problem is:
on WiiU, why riivolution can’t run it (even without patch, by turn off, completely remove xml, files etc.)
but Gecko can run it at least.

I plan to complete restore that Wii to offical ios, menu, delete all mess first, if I am not bricking it during the process...
I tried to look a bit more for a solution to your problem, and noticed that Tueidj himself advised to try to run the games with patch disabled to "rule out" an XML / patch issue.

Since neither of us has managed to make the game boot without the patch on vWii using Riivolution (although it does boot in Japanese for me using Usb Loader Gx, and you succeeded with Gecko), I guess there is an incompatibility issue between this game and Riivolution.

Unless someone releases an update or a mod for Riivolution one day, there's not much we can do, apart from creating an ISO if you don't own (or don't want to use) a "real" Wii.

Sorry man, I wished I could help you with that ! Hope you'll give the patch a chance anyway and have a nice day!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    light27 @ light27: call sps