Rotten
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There has been an independent release of Rock Band on a.b.g.wii. Since it's not an official group release delivered through 'proper' channels it won't be listed on the front page. There is no nfo but the filenames are 'Rock Band.part0nn.rar'. I'm sure somebody will package it up and release it proper. But then again I thought some group would have released it already. Then again, I also thought someone would have posted a proper rip of Wall-E (USA) by now. Oh well, at least it's out there.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! anyone know if a) you can use the guitar hero guitar with RB and b) if you can buy the drums separately and c) if you can play alone or with one other person? ? ? Thanks!

found my answers.
a) no
b) yes
c) yes

hmm.. gonna wait because I don't want to buy a new guitar. maybe Guitar hero will start making drums..

CosmoKramer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guitar Hero is gonna have drums in Guitar Hero: World Tour in October.. and they most likely WILL NOT work with Rock Band.. Because the drums are totally different... There will be 6 buttons instead of 5.. Check it out Guitar Hero: World Tour Drums Picture

Hopefully someone can hack the ISO to work with the GH Guitar. Someone hacked the Nintendo DS version of GH so that you don't need the little attachment that came with it, letting you use the actual DS buttons. Fingers Crossed
biggrin.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping for the same, CosmoKramer, though I have no idea what kind of effort that would actually take! Hopefully minimal, since GH instruments essentially just use the Wii remote for input! One can hope, right?

crezwell

Trophies
XP
Country
I asked the question a few months ago now on here, cant find the thread tho, but basically people "in the know" reckoned itd be too much work to hack the controls of Rockband to make it work with the GH Controller, as the GH Controller uses the Wiimote and the RB one doesnt. But id like to think some of the top hackers would be able to figure it out. fingers crossed....
I've been waiting for this to get released for a week now, so if anyone sees it in the wild torrent wise, then just give the thumbs up.
Im purely hoping to have a singalong (unless controllers are hacked), ill wait for GH4 for the full band experience i think rather than get this gimped RB version.

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Another case of being ripped off completely by developers , i wont be buying the game , i played it on the 360 and thought it was far too easy and so did my 7 year old i also thought a quite a few of the notes were not placed very well. Ill wait for the release of GHWT hopefully it will be worth the wait .

I also dont want to have 4 guitars and sets of drums lying around the house because of the developers greed.

Lazycus

Rotten
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Like I said, it's on the newsgroups but nobody ever picked it up and released it 'proper' through ftp and then to torrents or anything. Very odd right now. Wall-E is still a broken rip. GH:Aerosmith, Top Spin 3, Big Beach Sports, etc. are out in stores but haven't been released by anybody. Maybe everyone is out enjoying the summer instead of ripping games
grog.gif
For sure there is no real competition to release first on the Wii. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate every release no matter who does it or how long it takes.

For Rock Band, you can't do anything unless you have a mic or guitar or drums anyway.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
blueskies said:
Sweet! anyone know if a) you can use the guitar hero guitar with RB and b) if you can buy the drums separately and c) if you can play alone or with one other person? ? ? Thanks!

found my answers.
a) no
b) yes
c) yes

hmm.. gonna wait because I don't want to buy a new guitar. maybe Guitar hero will start making drums..

kinda related but not Wii hardware ......

With the PS2 version of ROCKBAND you CAN INDEED use GUITAR HERO GUITARS and you CAN use SINGSTAR MIC's with it but ... need to use the PS2 MULTI TAP to have 2 guitars in use at the same time!

.... guessing that the DRUM KIT for ps2 rockband quite possibly uses a joypad port ? but not got a Drumkit for it to test
frown.gif

......although at £60-£70 for the DRUMKIT SOLUS which is just plain EXTORTION!! considering the full set works out less! ....I'm not going to be getting the DRUMKIT unless its at least half that price/preowned!

Its a BIG con if you poor Wii owners cant even use the hardware you have already
frown.gif

Yes you can play SOLUS on PS2 version .... with just guitar or just MIC/Singing ....Or if you know the words of the song or pretty kewl on the guitar you can Solo sing and play guitar at the same time!!! lol (note tho some sections of singing need the mic to be tapped or clap over the mic between verses/chorus sections ?! if that makes sense? ) ......

don't see why you couldnt do the same and play solus on the Wii ??

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
blueskies said:

found my answers.
a) no
b) yes
c) yes

kinda related but not Wii hardware ......

With the PS2 version of ROCKBAND you CAN INDEED use GUITAR HERO GUITARS and you CAN use SINGSTAR MIC's with it but ... need to use the PS2 MULTI TAP to have 2 guitars in use at the same time!

.... guessing that the DRUM KIT for ps2 rockband quite possibly uses a joypad port ? but not got a Drumkit for it to test
frown.gif

......although at £60-£70 for the DRUMKIT SOLUS which is just plain EXTORTION!! considering the full set works out less! ....I'm not going to be getting the DRUMKIT unless its at least half that price/preowned!

Its a BIG con if you poor Wii owners cant even use the hardware you have already
frown.gif

Yes you can play SOLUS on PS2 version .... with just guitar or just MIC/Singing ....Or if you know the words of the song or pretty kewl on the guitar you can Solo sing and play guitar at the same time!!! lol (note tho some sections of singing need the mic to be tapped or clap over the mic between verses/chorus sections ?! if that makes sense? ) ......

don't see why you couldnt do the same and play solus on the Wii ??

I found that I was having to do as you say, with multitaps and wires dangling everywhere.

You don't need the multitap for just two guitars, but you need it for when you plug a controller in to choose the microphone. I'm using singstar mikes and GH guitars. The drum set from the ps3 works - it's USB (hence why they give you a multitap with the instrument set) but if you're using 1 usb for the Singstar blue mike, one for the drumkit, you'll just need a multitap if you want 2 guitars.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk