granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rctlogo.gif
Breaking story directly from the latest issue of Nintendo Power. Atari and n-Space have decided to bring the Rollercoaster Tycoon series to the Nintendo 3DS. It's a very popular theme park creation sim previously released for PC's. This is an original entry in the series, not a port. The game will be in full 3D and you can apparently ride the rides in first person (in 3D of course). The details we know are as follows-

- published by Atari
- developed by n-Space
- 3D view for coasters
- uses touchscreen controls
- original game built from the ground up for 3DS using new assets
- several coaster design options including suspended, hydraulic, wooden, steel and inverted
- monorails, prebuilt kiddie rides, carousels and county fair-style attractions
- you can visually theme your parks (like give it a haunted house style)
- handle ride construction and park maintenance
- hire and manage staff (janitors, mechanics and more)
- multiple modes such as Coaster Creator and Sandbox
- built-in tutorials
- Coaster Story mode teaches you how to do everything through a series of scenarios and tutorials
- in-game adviser will hep identify in-part objectives and show players their progress
- March 2012 release

More information as we get it. The first scan of the visuals can be found at the source. [/p]
icon11.gif
Source

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I freaking grew up with this game! I remember watching my sister on our old Gateway (Gateway anyone?) making Super parks! Even if this is crap I might have to pick it up for nostalgia.

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quietlyawesome94 said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I freaking grew up with this game! I remember watching my sister on our old Gateway (Gateway anyone?) making Super parks! Even if this is crap I might have to pick it up for nostalgia.

YES GATEWAY!
tongue.gif

I played RCT on a gateway too lol, was so epic.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very excited when i saw this pop out at Gonintendo, i grew up with the original! I never played much of the third (i need to get my copy out, it didn't used to work on my old crappy computer). This should be really fun if done correctly. I was pretty traumatized as a kid when one of my coasters blew up and killed 20 people (which scared the crap out of me being so sudden and having a loud boom, also didn't know people could die in the game until that).

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I really liked the second and the third one, and this looks pretty good so far! Also, n-Space is developing it so I have high hopes for this game; I hope they recreate that feeling of the PC games. I'm really looking forward to this one!

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel there is a really big opportunity for the controls to be really decent, but they have to execute them really well. I see that making or breaking the game. I'll be checking it out no matter what for sure though.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I loved this back when I played my Sister's copy of the first one. And I look forward to playing this when I get my 3DS~

But the only thing I worry about is that this game is usually a game i wanna spend many hours into, and I'm not sure that kinda genre fits on a mobile devices too well. But we'll see.

The same can be said about The Sims 3, and look, it is excellent on iOS devices.

So, I guess we'll see how well they pull this off.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seen this game a few times,but never played it. Looks fun from what I seen and the 3D + first person
sounds interesting. Won't mind picking it up.

Hope it has everything from the original as well.

Wonder if wifi multiplayer or at least share creations by spot/street pass from other players and developers themselves.

Fuse creations together even.

Wonder if the official title will have 3D tag on it.
tongue.gif

pythong85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
*thumbs up*

i remember playing this on the pc for weeeeeeeeks and not getting bored of it. (+ extensions). RCT2 and RCT3 weren't good for me
tongue.gif
. and i do hope they put in something for wireless, be it downloading track recipes or new levels or somewhat

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No thanks. It can take hours to play threw a mission in RCT. The 3DS battery sucks so much. I'll continue to play the pirate edition of rct2-complete.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
FUCK YEAH! I think I'm gonna have to buy a 3DS just for this!!! I love RCT series!

I do hope thought that this isn't the RCT4 that was rumoured about a year ago, I would prefer a new game for PC...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: