Hacking Rominator v2008

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hahah, I didn't know how to explain it so I didn't bother filling out an error submission. That and I didn't wanna be accused of spamming hankchill's inbox
tongue.gif

JoHnOfDaDeAd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great program! One of the reasons I stopped using my flash cart was because my stuff was so unorganized that I would get frustrated lol:P

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Organizing by folders is enough for most people, it's basic organization and works fine. My general folder scheme (to get an idea of one possibly) is as follows:

Root
- /Emus
---- (All of my Emulator .nds files)
- /HomeBrew
---- /NDS
---- /GBA
---- /Other
- /ROMs (All COMMERCIAL games)
---- /GB (GB and GBC are both in here actually...)
---- /GBA
---- /Genesis (Couldn't come up with a good 3~4 letter acronym, considered GEN, didn't use it.)
---- /NDS
---- /NES
---- /SMS (Sega Master System)-
---- /SNES
- /Saves (I've yet to find a reason to backup my Emu system games, will when changing cart)
---- /GBA
---- /NDS
- /Themes

That's just how I do it though, I find it easier. Mostly because I haven't found something that does EVERYTHING I want, so once I do I'll probably stop bothering so much
biggrin.gif

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rascal said:
Hank, One thing missing from previous version that I really miss is to see the comparison of size vs. trimmed on the bottom status line when I select multiple ROMS. I know I can see them for each ROM by adding Trim to the view options, but I liked seeing it for a group of ROMS to see if I was going to save a lot of space by trimming.
I also miss this. I also miss the ROM flash dropbox and the game save manager.

One setting I think would be nice is for Rominator to auto flash the latest save for each game you put on your card. That way you dont have any boxes to tick.

FrankSinatra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thejellydude said:
I know this is going to sound like an odd request, but could someone zip the system files (Box art, database updates, etc.) and upload them for me? It's weird, but main main computer (The one with the roms) is totally hosed and can't read internet signals anymore. I'm getting a new one in a few weeks, and at that time I'll donate, but for now could someone give me a hand? I use my mom's laptop to download files, and transfer them via flashdrive. It'd be really appriciated, since really I want to try this latest release.

I've uploaded the current NDS Box Art and ds.rod to here. I'll try and remember to keep it up to date and let you know when there's an update; my memory sucks, though, so feel free to send me a pm to remind me and I'll put it up.

Anyway, I installed the new version of Rominator over my old one, so the Rominator Data folder is a mess. it seems that v2008 uses .rod instead of .rsd, so is it safe to delete all the old .rsd files and deprecated folders? (eg, it now uses "NDS Box Art" instead of "Box Art". Although in the case of the saves folder, the saves of course need to be transferred over to the new program before deleting) It looks like ds.rod, GameList.rod, IconCache.rod, NDS Box Art/, NDS Save Files/, and Settings.rod are used by v2008; am I missing any, or is it safe to delete everything besides those?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
BakuFunn said:
2j18w9l.png

i keep getting this error at random times.

hmm... wouldn't just happen randomly. I'll need to find out if you're doing anything to initiate the crash, and then handle any exceptions that come up.

QUOTEinterface lags like crazy on my system. application refresh rate is at a crawl. rominator 2008. windows system.

Time to upgrade your trusty Commodore 64!

Edit: As mentioned hundreds of times, please send bug reports through the feedback system. I don't want the thread to be filled with bug reports, plus I may not be always able to check GBAtemp, whereas the reports get sent directly to me.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Not sure if Rominator 2008 is at fault here or not, but every time I flash games to my card, when I load it up on the M3 Real on my DS, the new games are right at the bottom, instead of in alphabetical order.

markmcrobie

Trophies
XP
Hi. In response to the message on the GBATemp thread about "Rominator has stopped working" in Vista when accessing my card, I've noticed this only happens when _DS_MSHL.NDS is present in the same directory as my games.

If I remove the above file, all works fine, no errors

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reiterating my question:
QUOTE said:
Concerning the key code.

How is it stored? Lets say I backup the folder and format my computer, or put it on a flash drive. Will my serial still work?

TechnoCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leavemealone347 said:
Rascal said:
Hank, One thing missing from previous version that I really miss is to see the comparison of size vs. trimmed on the bottom status line when I select multiple ROMS. I know I can see them for each ROM by adding Trim to the view options, but I liked seeing it for a group of ROMS to see if I was going to save a lot of space by trimming.
I also miss this. I also miss the ROM flash dropbox and the game save manager.

One setting I think would be nice is for Rominator to auto flash the latest save for each game you put on your card. That way you dont have any boxes to tick.
I also miss the Toolbox Flash Que from the previous version. I could drag all the games i wanted on and it would tell me the trimmed total size. Then it would flash them all one by one when i was done.

The status bar doesn't show trimmed size anymore. So when you highlight many you don't get to see the total trimmed size. Also when you drag and drop a bunch it appears to base the storage capacity ability on the untrimmed rom size instead of the trimmed rom size.

I would also like an automatic flash latest game .sav file option. Save me a lot of double clicking to open up the save game windows.

And where did smart lists go? I liked being able to have a list automatically made for certain file sizes or for certain regions and publishers.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can use the display filters as smart lists, by creating more game lists. Or you can display filter your library to find a certain thing. Or the best way is to use the search feature. I found smart lists not that useful. Oh yeah, and you can click on the little headers on the top, like if you click publisher, it will sort it by publisher alphabetically.

I also think there should be an option to flash the latest .sav file, it takes forever to double click every game and tick the latest .sav file.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've updated Rominator to v2008.2
Changes in v2008.2
[FIX] If a game has a header with an invalid character (e.g. ZELDA_DS:PH) it will post-process the name and allow you to backup your saves properly.
[+] Message Bar shows the Total MB Trimmed when selecting games
[FIX] If a game had a '?' in it's name and was renamed, it was not properly processed by Rominator. (Windows Only)
[FIX] DS Game Catalog; Icon now clears if a game is selected without a cached icon
[+] Shift+Clicking on the Box Art in the main window will force-download the box. This is good if numbering is messed up and the game downloads a box for another game.
[+] Added an easter egg! Your clue: An Internet Phenomenon. Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It does look fun lol