RUNESCAPE!!

D

Deleted User

tijntje_7 said:
Runescape is and will stay a popular mmorpg. Now, to defend against the hating:
-T3H GRAFIX SUXKCSXSXS! OMOAFAGAFAOULOLOLO.
Yeah, they do. But, they have improved a lot over time
smile.gif
The animations aren't the best either. Though, I'm not sure, but iirc java is limiting their graphics alot :/
-OMG WoW IS WEY BETT3R!? OMGOLOLOL
Yeah, might be, played it once. Didn't really like the style... Meh (and I don't want to get addicted xD)
And also, it's alot more expensive. (even when you're member.
-RS SUX
Errr... yeah, good for you. You sux.
-IT COSTSZ MONEIGH.
No it does not. yes there is members. It kinda multiplies what you can do by.. 20x? for 5 euro a month?
That's way cheaper than most mmorpgs...
-The music sucks.
Totally agreed. The sounds, the music. It's horrible imo xD I always play my own music while playing rs.
But overall, it's still a great game. It has a pretty nice community (well, on the members worlds that is >.> FREE DRAGON PLOX in free worlds is 1st, strange. And 2nd wtf.)
Though, on members there still are spoiled 10 year old kids with 'super armour' (initiate for example XD white (g) ) lol
Whatever...
The game is fun, pretty challenging. But most of all, time consuming xD
It's just a matter of preferences really :/

I have to admit that I also play RuneScape more than I care to admit. For me, it's sort of reliving my 12 year old self and I actually find it to be fun now that I can afford a membership.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually with the latest two versions of their engine they can now do full DX/GL rendering, so they could make crysis-level graphics if they wanted. This kind of stuff is part of the reason I love keeping track of their updates, it's amazing to see what they manage to push.

Of course they're not going to have those graphics for a long, long time because the game still needs to be accessible to a majority of people.

EDIT: Somebody got a bit too excited...

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This latest RuneScape announcement has made me decide to shop around for a better MMORPG to play when I finally get a decent computer (sometime before the end of the year I hope). I'm a rat, not a captain.

Any suggestions? I'm mostly interested in skills and PvE. Any PvP by request only. Teaming up for quests etc optional but not essential. Also I'd prefer it to be subscription-based rather than paying real cash for ingame currency/items etc.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
This latest RuneScape announcement has made me decide to shop around for a better MMORPG to play when I finally get a decent computer (sometime before the end of the year I hope). I'm a rat, not a captain.

Any suggestions? I'm mostly interested in skills and PvE. Any PvP by request only. Teaming up for quests etc optional but not essential. Also I'd prefer it to be subscription-based rather than paying real cash for ingame currency/items etc.
Guild Wars is good.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Argentum Vir said:
Depravo said:

Guild Wars is good.

It's not subscription based, but this MMO is amazing. You can buy in game items, but it's not necessary. Vindictus FTW!

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depravo said:

*scratches chin* I hate suggesting it but, WoW. Biggest PvE game out there. Though, there's always the 'risk' of getting PK'd at any time, but quite honestly you RARELY see people of an opposing faction unless they raid the town you're in, and you get ballsy enough to face them. Plus most don't bother with newbies unless, again, you get ballsy and attack them. The PvP in WoW is craptastic, but since you don't seem to like PvP, it seems like a good choice for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.