Hacking Running WiiWare from hard drive

Shinigami Kiba

Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
Hopefully once bootmii is released and homebrew developers get a new environment with much more freedom than the current Nintendo one we'll see a program like that, I think it would be the best thing to happen to the Wii since the USB Loader.

The thing is, I'm actually very interested in this because I want to have as little interaction with the NAND as possible, that's why I absolutely hate 4.0 and the way it handles WiiWare and VC games.
Maybe I'm this way because my flash memory tends to corrupt from time to time, or maybe because I dunno I'm just paranoid about something messing up, but the less you install to it the better IMO.

As far as custom channels go all I have is a USB Loader Forwarder and one of the very first ones with no music or anything so it takes up very little space and that's it, I run everything else from HBC.
Of course I have a bunch of WiiWare and VC Games installed, but I had no other choice but to install them.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shinigami Kiba said:
The thing is, I'm actually very interested in this because I want to have as little interaction with the NAND as possible, that's why I absolutely hate 4.0 and the way it handles WiiWare and VC games.
Maybe I'm this way because my flash memory tends to corrupt from time to time, or maybe because I dunno I'm just paranoid about something messing up, but the less you install to it the better IMO.

I feel the same way about it. I want to keep the writing to the nand to an absolute minimum.

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't Waninkoko's original USB / SD loader videos on youtube show him loading wiiware? (that hamster game...?)

That shows it's possible - the question is - how to get it on to WBFS.

Edit: Maybe not... Looks like it came out on Disc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...