• Xbox 360

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
but thtas because sony produced so many for the launch.

220,000 just int he uk were there for launch.

i mean sony had 6 motnhs to stock up.

I know. That just makes the fanboys who queued overnight look even sillier
laugh.gif
not those who got a 46-inch HD for free...

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
your x360 will break, so go with ps3

if you decided to get a x360 anyway, don't be surprised if it breaks, and just make sure you get a store warranty so that you can exchange it with a new one in the store, dont mess around with ms's warranty service, they'll send you a refurb one and it'll break again within 3 months
So you're saying a PS3 won't break?

And the X360 is sure to break? Total and complete hardware failure is inevitable?
huh.gif

Or are you saying Sony's customer service is that much better than Microsoft's?

ghettobob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say if you want a good game system right now...get an XBOX 360. But in the long run PS3 will smoke it. I might get a PS3 once the price drops and if someone gives me a free HDMI card
biggrin.gif

imyourxpan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the ps3 has to do something amazing to raise it's sales. the 360 is a great system, even though i don't have it, i would love to. if i got a ps3 for free, hell why not. i wouldn't pay for one, but a 360, fo sho!

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

moribund112

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Just get what you want.
If you're asking other people for advice, I'd just wait it out until YOU decide which console is the best for YOU.
Me, I own all three of the current lineup. I play all of them for different kinds of things - Wii for more fun, accessible games that I can pick up and play, the 360 for some racing and FPS goodness, and the PS3 to play my PS2 games in high definition, as well as the orgasm of carnage that is Motorstorm - plus, the online service is free, you can't beat that!
Granted, it does seem that the PS3 hardware is a bit more "hardy" than the 360. With that being said, I've personally never experienced the three rings of death and I'm happy for it. I take good care of my consoles and keep them in well-ventilated environments, playing (at most) for up to two hours. If you're playing any longer than that without a break, take one! It's better for you, better for your eyes, and ultimately better for that portable heater allowing you to play all the sweet games the 360 offers.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
your x360 will break, so go with ps3

sure it has no games now, but that'll change in the fall, they have like 6 exclusives coming and they have something for everyone
online: warhawk, haze, socom
offline adventure: heavenly sword, uncharted, rachet and clank
casual: singstar, home

if you decided to get a x360 anyway, don't be surprised if it breaks, and just make sure you get a store warranty so that you can exchange it with a new one in the store, dont mess around with ms's warranty service, they'll send you a refurb one and it'll break again within 3 months

or,

you can get a RRoD x360 on ebay for $160 or so, then do an x-clamp replacement surgery, it's pretty simple but it might take you a day if you're not used to it, if you could fix it you got yourself a $160 x360, if it doesnt work, call microsoft and you might be able to get a working replacement for $140 ($140 + $160 = $300, same thing right?)

you can find the xclamp guide here:
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=599216, just use lawdawg's method
although the 360 is pretty badly put together, its still classes better than sony's consistent standard of disposable consoles.

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
So you're saying a PS3 won't break?

I can say SO FAR that ps3 failure rate is well within normal range, but not x360

And the X360 is sure to break? Total and complete hardware failure is inevitable?Â
huh.gif
Â

as long as they are using the x-clamp design, YES total hardware failure is inevitable (unless you never turn it on of course)

Or are you saying Sony's customer service is that much better than Microsoft's?

considering sony has never make someone gone through 5+ consoles within 2 years of console life, the answer would be YES

And what exactly makes him say that? Years of experience?Â
huh.gif

it's called knowledge, or maybe you can say "research"

do it yourself:

Neogaf:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148060

x-clamp fix:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156117

xbox official forums:
http://forums.xbox.com/943579/ShowPost.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/8347347/ShowPost.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/10065207/ShowPost.aspx

http://forums.xbox.com/5475981/ShowPost.aspx

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You know... the proofs are all over the net, you can youtube it and you'll see a lot of them, including the towel trick and such, it'll be forever if I list all of them, and if you didnt believe me in the 1st place listing all of them would be pointless anyway
Yes, yes, yes, we've seen the cases, but what's the percentage? Is it over 60%? Or is it a few percent? What are the odds?

Would you tell anyone that (s)he shouldn't buy a DS Lite because of the hinge crack problem? But the forums are full of examples! Quite tragic tales, at that, both of hardware malfunction and bad customer service. It's a structural manufacturing defect: the hinge screws are too tight, and strain the plastic ("hardware failure is inevitable, unless you never turn it on, of course").

Yet all those examples don't mean every DS Lite will inevitably break; in fact, most don't. Odds you'll get a defective one were small in the first place. And now, several months later, the problem is gone.

Really not a reason to avoid a console.
lecture.gif

Xbox360

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get an Xbox 360.

It not only has all the major PS3 games (DMC4, VF5, GTA:IV + Episodic/Exclusive Content, etc) but beats out every game the PS3 has to offer with it's own from every genre.

For example:
Forza/PGR/Moto GP Vs. GT
Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey/Eternal Sonata/Far East Jipang/Cry On Vs. FFXIII (which is highly rumoured to come to the 360 anyway)
Mass Effect/BioShock/Fable 2/Two Worlds/All Points Bulletin Vs. White Knight Story

Exclusive against exclusive, not only is the PS3's selection of games out-numbered, but outclassed. Following the first 18 months of this generation, the PS3 has lost alot of it's exclusives and that snowball hasn't stopped like Beautiful Katamari is an Xbox 360 exclusive and games are continously being announced for the Xbox 360 non-stop, so it's gaining alot of exclusives out of nowhere.

'Jump in'.

jimmy j

Awesome for hire.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everyone knows the risks when buying a 360 but people still buy it! I think thats because, even with the RoD issue, its a better gaming platform than PS3 right now.
Besides, every sony console I've owned has screwed up at some point. My PS1 suffered the original disc-read error due to sony's flawed design and my first PS2 stopped reading discs just outside of it's warranty.

Right now, PS3 is overpriced and outgunned. There are very few games, developers still haven't begun to push the console and there are no killer apps. That will all change within the next couple of years, but by that time the PS3 will have dropped in price and m$ will be pimping Xbox3
wink.gif

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
although the 360 is pretty badly put together, its still classes better than sony's consistent standard of disposable consoles.

how long did the PS2 reign before a replacement? compared to the xbox

PS2: 6 years

XBOX:4 years

they still make ps2's,

disposable consoles??
guh, sony's reign is only a testament to people's ignorance, the PS2 was built like shit. and I doubt a single PS2 lived through its um "lifespan" without breaking down atleast once
yaypsp.gif
ahahahaha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: MoM, I don't have to do homework, anymore :D:blush::D