Hacking Simplify Acekard Features

Striker123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All

Is it possible to disable certain acekard 2 menus/features? I have a little one, and was wondering if I could just allow selecting a rom and running? If not maybe some other menuing program for the acekard2?

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could maybe alter a skin to remove the start menu touch control but there are always going to be random button presses which could do something i think - unless you change it internally.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there's a way to remove or disable the start menu entirely. You might want to ask Smiths or Normmatt if there's a way to do that with the AKAIO menu, or if maybe they would add an option to lock the start menu. Seems pretty useful for kids.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't think YSMenu is particularly kid friendly. You can't use the stylus to scroll or anything, and if you start pressing buttons randomly, you are going to end up deleting something or changing some settings. I think you may be able to edit the .ini file to remove the ability to delete files, but you'll still be able to muck with settings.

-Bri

purespin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Bri said:
I don't think YSMenu is particularly kid friendly. You can't use the stylus to scroll or anything, and if you start pressing buttons randomly, you are going to end up deleting something or changing some settings. I think you may be able to edit the .ini file to remove the ability to delete files, but you'll still be able to muck with settings.

-Bri

Just got AK2 and would like to disable delete/cut from start menu as well as this DS is a gift for my 5-year-old girl.

So which .ini file Bri talked about?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's only for YSMenu (a custom menu system that you can install on your Acekard 2 and a few other carts that replaces the official menu). YSMenu isn't as nice as the official menu, but there is an option in the YSMenu.ini file to turn off the "delete" function if I'm not mistaken.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Too high from all that weed +2