Hacking SNEEK+DI quick guide

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. I'm trying out a fresh NAND dump since I never could get my bootmii-extracted one to work but my Wiimotes refuse to sync with the console so I can't do the startup stuff. I have to reboot to the real NAND and resync the stupid things to get them working again too. Anyone run into that problem before?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
Yeah, and like I said, without font.bin everything else works fine, so it's not like I can't even get UNEEK to boot... I can get into the SM and play VC and everything, just no SNEEK menu, then I add the font.bin and bam, blackscreen
frown.gif

I am having this same problem.
frown.gif
UNEEK works fine for me, but when I try to load UNEEK+DI, the Wii just hangs at a black screen. The light on my USB drive stops flashing, which means that it is no longer trying to read the drive. UNEEK+DI does create a "diconfig" file on my USB drive though. Also, I used the newly released CleanRip to dump my copy of Wii Sports, combined the ISO files, and use DiscEX to (I believe) convert it into the proper format. The Wii Sports file structure is the same as the example listed on this page. Assuming that I did it correctly, then I do have a game in the "games" folder on the root of the USB device.

I am using revision 122 of UNEEK. When I compiled it, I used the 0000000e.app from IOS80 v6943, but "4.3V2" uses IOS80 v6944. I thought that might have been an issue, but when I checked its MD5, it was the same.

Also, for what it's worth, my UNEEK NAND is at "4.3Uv2," which I updated to yesterday.

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: I tried to format the USB drive again to ensure that I had it in 32KB clusters, and got the same result. I then tried to use the SNEEK Installer (according to the SNEEK page, it uses revision 121) to create SNEEK, instead of compiling it myself. I noticed that it didn't provide a font.bin, so I added that to the "sneek" folder on the USB drive. However, I got the same result. Without font.bin, it does load, but I don't believe I can access the Menu without that file.

Later on, I'll probably try and get it to work with SNEEK+DI and/or the 4.2 System Menu, and see if that makes any difference.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using only one game with a short folder name. On the googlecode issues page we noticed that a lot of black screening problems were due to longish folder names in the games folder

SpacePorker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem with font.bin.
But this is interesting. I have 110 games on my drive. If I use the font.bin, no dice...black screen.
If I don't it works. If I drop the number of games in the folder to about 20, it works.
All of the games are in folders named for their title id (five characters).

SpacePorker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We'll, I'm just glad I'm not the one figuring all of this stuff out.
My only other problem is that I can't use my usb LAN adaptor with UNEEK+DI.
It's weird that my keyboard still works for monster hunter though.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I saw that issue that was posted on the SNEEK googlepage, but it said that twenty-three characters or lower was supported. My Wii Sports folder was originally named as "RSPE01" before I simply changed it to "1". Anyway, I got it to work on the "4.3v2" NAND, and the only real differences was the change in the folder name and the Metroid Prime 3 dump that I made with a 3.0U NAND on UNEEK+DI.

I guess I'll also point out that I also got the 4.3Uv2 NAND to work on SNEEK+DI on the first try (Wii Sports was still named as "RSPE01"). I then first got a 3.0U NAND to work on UNEEK+DI (Wii Sports was changed to "1"), and dumped Metroid Prime 3 with it. I then used Super Mario Galaxy 2 to update it to 4.2, and still worked. I then decided to try the 4.3 NAND one last time, and it worked on the first try. Also, Wii Sports worked fine for me on SNEEK+DI and UNEEK+DI.

Anyway, thanks for the advice! Unless the Metroid Prime 3 dump made it work somehow, I don't really know what else it could have been.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keine said:
Is it possible to change the location of the USB games location that Sneek uses.
it's open source so yeah you can change anything you want if you know how.
you'd have to edit it and compile yourself which isn't a problem with chokeD's great guide.
i really have no idea on this so you will definitely want to ask someone else but if i had to guess i'd say it was the dip.c file in the di module that needs to be edited.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get my HBC extracted from my Wii, but the WadCreator program linked on the tutorial page is giving an error... I think it was -1017, when trying to extract.

Can I just extract it from my nand dump using showmiiwads?

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, well I'm having a real issue with getting some wads installed.

I know that the vast majority of these wads work, because I have installed them with wadmanager 1.x on my real nand, but using some of the newer wad managing programs (YAWMM) I get a lot of them not installing with an error 105 when installing the ticket. The most important one is the BootMii Config editor forwarding channel, so I can edit my bootmii.ini files from my sneek nand, so I can swap between the real and sneek nands easily. It's not installing due to that ticket error.

I would install them using ShowMiiWads, but I can select my nand directory and it lists fine, but when I switch to showwads mode it doesn't show all the wads in a folder, and the right click entry for each wad is mostly grayed out, mainly the "extract" option isn't available for them. I can preview the banner, but I can't install them to my sneek nand.

Any help here?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in showmiiwads try dragging the wads you want to install into the window and a install button appears on the bottom right corner i usually use that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Meteo uses it's own player.