Hacking SNEEK new project by crediar (unreleased)

SanGor

Witchhunter
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
crediar posted this on IRC a few hours ago http://crediar.no-ip.com/SNEEKv0.1-cred.nfo the date within it hints to a release today
blink.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Summary:
Not 100% working yet(missing ES commands ==> no VC/WiiWare). BootMii as boot2 installted required.

Lothlorian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh well. I guess most of the Wii community will have no use for this as it is for Bootmii/boot2 users only.

frown.gif

I looked at the readme.txt and said OMG sweetness...

Then I read the requirements.... damn...

Oh well.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ds22 said:
The only thing I don't see is if it can also run a NAND dump from USB, instead of SD.

No it can't. It's hardcoded to replace nand with sd. I think it could be written to allow using usb too, but that would require a change in the code and recompile. It's does not seem to be intended to have options.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
So it requires BootMii/boot2? Not a problem for me, but hopefully it'll eventually work for those with only BootMii/IOS.
Am I wrong in thinking that it only requires bootmii/boot2 because its risky? Thats my interpretation of it, not that it actual NEEDS bootmii/boot2. Of course I could be completely wrong.

Sic-suicide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds to me like its
using the bootmii to get the emulated nand
and it says to remove just reinstall the original bootmii folder
Modified bootmii folders?+new app?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well from how it sounds, it could be way more safe than Waninkoko's nand emu. This one replaces the nand module, so there are no commands at all that are related to the real nand. But let's just wait until it's released, tested and more info available before jumping to conclusions.

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
SifJar said:
FenrirWolf said:
So it requires BootMii/boot2? Not a problem for me, but hopefully it'll eventually work for those with only BootMii/IOS.
Am I wrong in thinking that it only requires bootmii/boot2 because its risky? Thats my interpretation of it, not that it actual NEEDS bootmii/boot2. Of course I could be completely wrong.

The catch is, possibly you should also rename boot2.bin to armboot.bin... or maybe there is yet another file bootmii seeks in the sd... probably first...
"-now copy the boot2.bin to the root of your SD card"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo