Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Det1re said:
New Revision
QUOTE said:
FS module:
-added a fix so that too much DLC no longer causes NAND is full errors -> please report, if the fix works!

ES module:
-fixed some SD for Wii applications related code, which should fix it for most
homebrew apps
-added code which will disable SD access for the system menu when SD for Wii
applications is enabled

General:

-added a batch which compiles the es/fs modules and creates the boot2.bin if the
IOS 60 kernel module is present as 0000000E

>> precompiled ES/FS module are online, too.
So it's just those that changed, right? No need to recompile armboot.bin?

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I've read every post and have not seen this mentioned before:

I used ShowMiiWads to extract a BootMii backup of my NAND. Everything works except the Homebrew Channel loads upside down. On my real NAND the Homebrew Channel works fine.

I know the HBC loads upside down when the IOS it runs on is trucha enabled. In my case the HBC is running on IOS61. I used NUSD to download a clean IOS61 (unpatched) and then used ShowMiiWads to install it to my NAND backup. The HBC still loads upside down.

While running SNEEK I tried to run the HackMii installer from the HBC but I got a black screen. I tried to run WadManager from the HBC but also got a black screen (I assume because cIOS 249 is not supported on SNEEK).

I don't understand why HBC would load upside down in SNEEK but not on my real NAND. I guess I could try reinstalling IOS61 again, and/or a clean IOS36.

???

Edit: Forgot to mention that I have never had cIOSCORP in any way (real NAND or SNEEK NAND).

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
I think I've read every post and have not seen this mentioned before:

I used ShowMiiWads to extract a BootMii backup of my NAND. Everything works except the Homebrew Channel loads upside down. On my real NAND the Homebrew Channel works fine.

I know the HBC loads upside down when the IOS it runs on is trucha enabled. In my case the HBC is running on IOS61. I used NUSD to download a clean IOS61 (unpatched) and then used ShowMiiWads to install it to my NAND backup. The HBC still loads upside down.

While running SNEEK I tried to run the HackMii installer from the HBC but I got a black screen. I tried to run WadManager from the HBC but also got a black screen (I assume because cIOS 249 is not supported on SNEEK).

I don't understand why HBC would load upside down in SNEEK but not on my real NAND. I guess I could try reinstalling IOS61 again, and/or a clean IOS36.

???

to the HBC SNEEK probably seems like a modified IOS. even if you have an unpatched IOS on your SNEEK NAND, SNEEK won't load the kernel of that IOS but boot2.bin instead.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wilsoff said:
crwys said:
[...] Pretty nice, games run fine, usb loader (uloader). The only thing I can see is increasing functionality on sd loading from homebrew channel.
  • Which ios (author, slot, version) did you use to get usb uloader working? Did you do anything special to get it going?
  • SD loading from homebrew channel, can be enabled, but is buggy,
QUOTE(http://code.google.com/p/sneek/wiki/FAQ) said:
SD support for Wii applications is currently disabled, due it not working very well.
If you still want to give it a try simply change line 1605 in the main.c of the ES module to
CODE*SDStatus = 1;
Note: this feature is buggy and might break the FS on your SD card, make a backup before using thise feature!!
My nand wouldn't load after I tried this after reverted back dump was no good and had to make fresh

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
fogbank said:
Everything works except the Homebrew Channel loads upside down. On my real NAND the Homebrew Channel works fine.

to the HBC SNEEK probably seems like a modified IOS. even if you have an unpatched IOS on your SNEEK NAND, SNEEK won't load the kernel of that IOS but boot2.bin instead.

Sorry I don't understand that. Wouldn't everybody's HBC load upside down in SNEEK then?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am also having trouble with crediar's batch file. It gets to the stage of running boot2me.exe and then errors. However, I cannot see the issue with his batch file...

EDIT: Oh. Now I feel foolish. I forgot to put 0000000e.app (renamed 0000000e) in the SNEEK folder. After doing that, there are no problems and it goes perfectly. Anyone still having issues: Do you have devkitPro installed? And check you put the 0000000e in the SNEEK folder.

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
Edit: Forgot to mention that I have never had cIOSCORP in any way (real NAND or SNEEK NAND).

I'm wondering if ShowMiiWads is really reinstalling all of the shared apps of an IOS. For IOS61 there is one regular app (00000000.app) and 15 shared apps. Maybe ShowMiiWads did not really replace all of the shared app files with fresh ones when I used it to "reinstall" IOS61 on my SNEEK NAND.

frown.gif

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just can't wait for usb to be implemented so you could load nand from usb and get sd functionality back for homebrew and other things but the no cios working will have to be looked at as to what can be done(been using IOS236 for apps where possible)

muzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
Didn't work for me just give me a 0kb boot2.bin file

I built it just grabbing these three lines and putting all the files in one dir....I got 0byte file but had a typo in my line....recheck you syntax maybe

These were the lines I used in cmdprompt:

iosmodule.elf 0000000E 0000000E-tmp
esmodule.elf 0000000E-tmp 0000000E-tm
boot2me 0000000E-tm boot2.bin

This was just downloading not an SVN checkout

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good