ROM Hack Pokemon SV+: Includes QOL changes, trainer overhaul, new postgame, all home exclusives and much more! (Pokemon Scarlet & Violet)

Inidar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Description

Pokémon SV+ is a Pokemon Scarlet and Violet complete overhaul mod that aims to provide a more challenging Vanilla+ style experience. Includes QOL changes, full trainer overhaul, new post game, all unobtainable pokemon re-added, Pokedex restoration, improved map, and much more. Also features SV+ patches, which can extend and transform the game in (sometimes radically) different ways.

With this mod, you will be able to catch every single Pokemon in the Paldean Pokedex and all variations for the first time!

Works with both 1.0.1 and 1.1.0, on your Nintendo Switch console or on emulator, and can be added halfway through playing or for a brand new playthrough.

Click here to Download Pokemon SV+

Title screen and thumbnails were created with art by baku-inu and used with permission -- to see more, check them out on pixiv.
End credits song created by Zebra And The Bandit -- to see more, check out their Youtube channel

Note: Only connect to other Pokemon SV+ or Pokemon Compass players while you are using this mod. Do not use otherwise unobtainable items or Pokemon from SV+ online in any way or you may be banned.

Note 2: Save frequently and keep backup saves. This mod was thoroughly tested, but we are a small team and the base game is already notorious for crashing.

Note 3: SV+ DOES NOT INCLUDE THE ACTUAL GAME. You will still need to buy your own copy.

Want to contribute to this mod or learn how it was made?

Join the official SV+ Discord below:
Click here to join Inidar Academy

Features
1. Post Game+

All 5 star raids have been replaced with 50+ currently unobtainable Legendary/Mythical Pokémon as well as opposite version Paradox Pokémon
This large scale mod will be the base of Pokemon SV+ and aims to recreate the feel of Hoopa portals from OR/AS and increase
playability post-game.

Legendaries will battle you at level 85, but will be level 70 when caught. They will be tough, so don't show up underprepared! Each Legendary will be holding its special item (such as Griseous Core for Giratina) when applicable.

2. Trainer Overhaul
All trainers and static event Pokemon have had their levels increased by 40%.

• This change is meant to make the game more challenging while keeping the original difficulty curve and progression order intact

3. Alternate Evolutions
Adds alternate method for trade evolutions, Hisuian Pokémon, and Espeon/Umbreon/Sylveon

• Also allows Spewpas to evolve into any patterned Vivillon, and adds new evolution items for purchase at Delibird Presents.

Trade Evolutions
Slowpoke-->Slowking:
  • Level Up Holding Destiny Knot
Haunter-->Gengar:
  • Use Dusk Stone
Scyther-->Scizor:
  • Level Up Holding Destiny Knot
Finizen-->Palafin:
  • Level Up Holding Power Bracelet @ Level 38

Hisuian Pokémon:
Bergmite --> Avalugg (Hisuian)
  • Hold Strange Mirror While Leveling at Level 37
Dartrix --> Decidueye (Hisuian)
  • Hold Strange Mirror While Leveling at Level 36
Dewott --> Samurott (Hisuian)
Goomy --> Sliggoo (Hisuian)
  • Hold Strange Mirror While Leveling at Level 40
Quilava --> Typhlosion (Hisuian)
Rufflet --> Braviary (Hisuian)
  • Hold Strange Mirror While Leveling at Level 54
Scyther --> Kleavor
  • Hold Strange Mirror While Leveling at Level 30
Ursaring --> Ursaluna
  • Hold Strange Mirror While Leveling at Level 30
Petilil --> Lilligant (Hisuian)
  • Use a Shiny Stone

Special Hisuain Evolutions:
Basculin (White-Striped) --> Basculegion
  • 295 points worth of recoil damage + level
Qwilfish (Hisuian) --> Overqwil
  • Level while knowing Barb Barrage
Stantler --> Wyrdeer
  • Level while knowing Psyshield Bash
  • Note: Stantler now learns Psyshield Bash @ 21. Check the Remember Moves option if you missed it.

Eeveelutions
Espeon/Umbreon/Sylveon
  • Use Dawn/Dusk/Moon stone

Notes: Evolution Stones require a minimum of 3 Victory Road Gym badges to purchase. Auspicious Armor, Malicious Armor, Galarica Cuff, Galarica Wreath, and Strange Mirror require a minimum of 4 Victory Road Gym badges to purchase.

4. Expanded Wild Pokemon OR No Version Exclusives
Re-adds all wild Pokémon that normally spawn exclusively in one version. Also adds 50+ HOME transferrable Pokémon to the wild, including regional forms and the various starters. Full description below.
Warning: This part of the mod creates many illegal Pokemon that should not be used online. To remove it and only allow Paldean native Pokemon to spawn, download alternate_pokedata_array.zip and paste its contents into the world folder of SV+.

This will replace the original SV+ pokedata_array.bin located at the world\data\encount\pokedata\pokedata with the alternate, and can be done at any time -- either before or after combining mods with Trinity.

Alolan Pokémon Added
Diglett

• South Area 6
  • East Areas 1, 2, and 3
  • Glaseado Mountains
Dugtrio
  • South Area 6
  • East Area 3
  • Glaseado Mountains
Grimer
  • South Area 5 and 6
  • West Area 3
  • East Areas 1 and 2
Muk
  • South Area 6
Meowth
  • Near the Pokémon League entrance
  • South Areas 3 and 5
  • East Areas 1 and 2
Persian
  • East Areas 1 and 2
Raichu
  • Along the Paldean Sea such as in North Area 3
  • Note: Pikachu can be evolved into Raichu (Alolan) by using a Shiny Stone.

Galarian Pokémon Added
Meowth

• South Area 2
  • West Areas 1, 2, and 3
Perrserker
  • North 1 and 3
  • Around Casseroya Lake
Slowpoke
  • South Area 5
  • West Area 2
  • East Areas 1 and 2
  • Paldean Sea

Hisuian Pokémon Added
Voltorb

• Tagtree Thicket
  • Around Casseroya Lake
  • North Areas 1 and 2
Electrode
  • Around Casseroya Lake
  • North Areas 1 and 2
Qwilfish
  • Along the Paldean Sea such as in North Areas 1 or 3
Basculin (White-Striped)
  • West Area 3
  • Casseroya Lake
  • North Areas 1 and 2
Sneasel and Sneasler
  • Glaseado Mountains
  • Around Casseroya Lake
  • North Area 3
Zorua
  • West Area 3
  • Tagtree Thicket
  • Around Casseroya Lake
Zoroark
  • Around Casseroya Lake
Growlithe
  • West Areas 1 and 2
  • Asado Desert
Sliggoo
  • South Area 6
  • Casseroya Lake
Liligant
  • Area Zero
Avalugg
  • Area Zero

Other HOME Pokémon Added
→Charmander

• South Area 2
  • West Area 1
  • Asado Desert
→Charmeleon
  • Asado Desert
→Cyndaquil
  • South Areas 3, 4, and 5
  • East Areas 1, 2, and 3
→Quilava
  • East Areas 1, 2, and 3
→Oshawott
  • South Areas 1, 2, and 4
  • The Pokémon League entrance
  • West Areas 1, 2, and 3
→Dewott
  • West Areas 2 and 3
→Chespin
  • South Areas 2, 3, 4, and 5
  • Tagtree Thicket
  • West Areas 3
→Quilladin
  • Tagtree Thicket
  • West Area 3
→Fennekin
  • South Areas 1 and 3
  • Asado Desert
→Braixen
  • Asado Desert
  • West Area 3
→Froakie
  • South Areas 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5
  • East Areas 1 and 2
→Frogadier
  • South Areas 5
  • East Areas 1 and 2
→Rowlet
  • South Areas 1 and 3
  • East Areas 1 and 2
  • Tagtree Thicket
→Dartrix
  • Tagtree Thicket
→Grookey
  • South Areas 1, 2, 3, and 5
  • West Area 1
  • Tagtree Thicket
→Thwackey
  • Tagtree Thicket
→Scorbunny
  • South Areas 1, 2, and 3
  • West Area 2
  • East Area 1
→Raboot
  • East Areas 1 and 2
  • West Area 3
→Sobble
  • South Areas 1, 2, and 4
  • West Areas 1 and 2
  • Tagtree Thicket
→Drizzile
  • West Areas 2 and 3
  • Tagtree Thicket
→Tauros
  • West Area 2
  • East Areas 1 and 2
→Wooper (Johtonian)
  • South Areas 1, 4, and 5
  • West Areas 2 and 3
→Quagsire
  • South Area 5
  • West Areas 2 and 3
→Carbink
  • Area Zero

Paldean Starter Pokémon Added
Sprigatito

• South Area 1
  • East Areas 1 and 2
  • Tagtree Thicket
Floragato
  • Tagtree Thicket
  • North Areas 1, 2, and 3
Fuecoco
  • East Areas 1 and 2
Crocalor
  • South Areas 3 and 5
  • East Areas 1, 2, and 3
Quaxly
  • South Areas 2 and 4
Quaxwell
  • South Area 5
  • West Areas 1, 2, and 3

5. Vivillon Restoration
The world is now colorful again. All 20 Vivillon patterns have been restored to the wild.
  • Spewpas can also evolve into any patterned Vivillon

6. Pokedex Restoration
Restores the Pokedex and all Pokedex entries for previously home-exclusive Pokemon.

7. Better Map Markers
Adds markers, borders and level ranges to the in game map. Also adds level Ranges for each area, and makes area names stay visible while zoomed in.

Added Markers:

• Watchtowers
  • Pokemon League Reps
  • Ominous Stakes

8. Faster Battles
All battles have been sped up by removing or reducing unnecessary action delays.

9. Raid Tweaks
Increases the difficulty of 1-4 star Raid battles and smooths out star ratings for mid to late game raids and increases the frequency of higher star raids.
  • Raid assist trainers have also been overhauled to match the increased difficulty
Mid Game
Old Rate --> New Rate

★ 20% Chance 0% Chance
★★ 20% Chance 30% Chance
★★★ 30% Chance 50% Chance
★★★★ 30% Chance 20% Chance

Mid-Late Game
Old Rate --> New Rate

★★★ 40% Chance 25% Chance
★★★★ 35% Chance 50% Chance
★★★★★ 25% Chance 25% Chance

Late/Post Game
Old Rate --> New Rate

★★★ 30% Chance 0% Chance
★★★★ 40% Chance 40% Chance
★★★★★ 30% Chance 60% Chance

10. Better Picnics
Eggs will now spawn significantly faster while picnicking.

11. Better Player movement
Player movement has been increased by 25%. Slope tolerance has been increased (no more slipping!)

12. Better Ride Pokemon
Glide forever!
  • Drop off while gliding has been reduced to zero. Full stalls are now possible (To do: fix the auto-return to floor when stalling in place for too long)
  • Gliding and Gliding speed have been increased.
  • Sprint speed has been slightly increased.
These changes were all made with control and balance in mind. You will be faster, but still able to move precisely when
needed.

13. Shiny Lock Removal
Shiny locks have been removed from Starters, Legendaries, Gift Pokemon, Battled Pokemon, and Event Pokemon.

14. Extra Features
  • Custom title card
  • Custom intro music
  • Custom end credits song

Future Features
More Trainer Improvements
More Raid improvements
Lots more

SV+ Patches
Since Pokemon SV+ is meant to be a Vanilla+ mod, many changes that could be fun to add don't fit into the main download. SV+ patches fix this problem by extending the mod in many -- sometimes radically -- different ways.

Want your own mod listed here? Contact me on Discord and I will share the files you'll need to make it compatible with SV+

1. Instant Eggs
  • Makes eggs spawn instantly while picknicking. To use, download the Trinity Version of Instant Eggs During Picnic then drop the ZIP contents into the SV+ romfs.
Download Link (Instant Eggs)

2. Faster Player Speed
  • This patch increases player speed beyond what is included in this mod.
  • To use, download any Trinity version of Run Speed and Slope Tolerance then drop the ZIP contents into the SV+ romfs.
Download Link (Faster Player Speed)

3. Stronger Eeveelutions
Created by Likara, Stronger Eevelutions vastly increases the stats of Eevee and all its evolutions.
  • Eevee itself has a BST of 570, while its evolutions have a BST of 670! This puts them at the same BST as Legends.
  • This also makes Eevee itself viable to use without evolving. Each one, including Eevee, has also gained an extra move at level 60, in line with its typing.
  • To see all changes made, see their mod description

Note: Must be combined with SV+ using Trinity Mod Loader -- make sure you use the version listed as compatible with SV+!
Download Link (Stronger Eeveelutions)

4. Shiny Wild Pokemon Indicator
Adds glowing eyes to all shiny Pokemon that can be seen from afar so you never miss another shiny during a hunt.
  • Especially useful for shiny Pokemon with only subtle changes like Pikachu.
  • This change will be active as long as you have the mod installed, even for Pokemon in your party. So unless you love the laser-eyes look, you will have to uninstall/reinstall this mod in between shiny hunts.

Note: Must be combined with SV+ using Trinity Mod Loader (tutorial link in Installation Instructions)
Download Link (Shiny Wild Pokemon Indicator)
More patches coming soon!

Installation Instructions (Standalone)
Note: For Scarlet, replace 01008F6008C5E000 with 0100A3D008C5C000

Installation on Switch
Copy romFS folder into sdcard:
\atmosphere\contents\01008F6008C5E000\

Installation on Emulator
Step 1.
Open the emulator.
Step 2. Right click on the game, select "Open Mod Directory" (Ryujinx) or "Open Mod Data Location" (Yuzu) and a folder will open.
Step 3. Create a new folder in the directory you opened in Step 2 and name it SVPlus (or whatever you want). Then, place the romFS folder into the new folder you created. Your final directory path should look like this:
\...\01008F6008C5E000\SVPlus\romfs

Installation Instructions (Trinity Version)
If you want to combine SV+ with other mods, download the trinity version and follow these tutorials.
Link to Video Version
Link to Written Version

FAQ
Some home-exclusive Pokemon get stuck when evolving
  • This is can be fixed by restarting the game and trying the evolution again.
Houses/Trees/Pokémon do not appear, or have graphical glitches
  • This is a Yuzu issue. To fix it, go to the advanced tab then gpu accuracy (or click the lower left corner where it says "gpu normal") and change the setting to "GPU high". Or better yet, switch to Ryujinx or Switch hardware.
When will the next update be released?
  • I don't have a fixed update schedule, but I am constantly working on something and release anything I find as soon as I can. To get notified of any changes, join us on Discord or check back here.
Can you add X feature to SV+ in a future update?
  • Probably! I always consider every suggestion, and as you can see from my update log, lots of user recommendations make it in. Come by my Discord and let me know what you'd like to see added!
Can you help me with a technical issue to do with installing or creating a new mod?
  • For sure! The best way to reach me is on Discord, I am usually around and if not we have a great community who is always willing to help :)

Feedback & Acknowledgments
Thank you to everyone who contributed to make this mod possible:
  • Aria & Kas Seri: This project is designed to link with their rom hack called Pokémon Compass and uses modified elements of their mods Expanded Wild Pokemon & Raid Tweaks, so make sure to check that out too!
  • baku-inu: Original artist of the Koraidon and Miraidon used to make the in game title screen and thumbnails
  • Zebra And The Bandit: Created end credits song
  • Aria & Kas Seri: Main collaborators for this project, contributed to every aspect
  • Reisyukaku & mv_oripoke: Creators of Trinity Mod Loader
  • Fokson: Tool used to create Better Map Markers
  • Duckdoom5: For general advice and support
  • All my supporters, including Jamorhi, VulgrPixel, itskurtly, Omegatron3423, TheSnorlaxBoi, H3roDude, Ænigma, TTiN, Ph30n1xFl4r3, SaintSolo, and Quill: Thank you for sticking with me through these slower times while I was still working on SV+ and releasing nothing!
  • Everyone in Inidar Academy ♥

Last edited by Inidar,

elsucioKevin

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have a couple of questions:
does this mod not change the original story of the game, right?
I can use the game in any language without any problem?

Inidar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does someone have the logo of it? (transparent bg). i wanna make a custom homemenu icon for it.
It's available on my Discord
Post automatically merged:

I have a couple of questions:
does this mod not change the original story of the game, right?
I can use the game in any language without any problem?

It does not.

Any language works, but for anything I've changed I only translated into English, Spanish, French and German

Reactions: elsucioKevin

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok^^

It's available on my Discord

It does not.

Any language works, but for anything I've changed I only translated into English, Spanish, French and German
found and made one. i would share it, but it contains art made by baku-inu so i dont think i am allowed. made one for compass aswell xD

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

Ducolamia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Niiiiiccceee! I didn't think we'd see mods so soon. Time to boot up Ryujinx!
Question: will this mod affect current saves or is it best to do a fresh install?
I've only gotten to my house currently, haven't talked to anyone yet.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for anyone who needs a custom Home Menu icon. i made my own (art is by baku-inu). i can remove it if wanted.

Attachments

• icon2.jpg
    icon2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 107

sxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for being noob with all these changes but can someone tell me the main difference of SV+ to Compass? Is SV+ meant to be more difficult?

Last edited by sxp,

Inidar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for being noob with all these changes but can someone tell me the main difference of SV+ to Compass? Is SV+ meant to be more difficult?
They were both designed with a different goal.

SV+ is meant to be vanilla enhanced, so progression order and the original balance curve is preserved, all cut content is re-added and a it includes a bunch of QOL.

Compass also has all cut content and has similar QOL and improvements, just implemented differently. But the main difference is that Compass is a whole new experience, with redesigned trainers and a new progression path.

So basically you play SV+ when you want the original game, but better. You play Compass if you want something entirely new.

For difficulty, Compass is probably harder since lots of trainers were given specific strategies and more Pokemon than they had in Vanilla. Neither is meant to be a difficulty mod though.

Reactions: elsucioKevin

sxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there an update for it to work on 1.2.0? The game hangs on the initial loading screen.

Armos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else have an issue where Walking Wake and Iron Leaves are Electric types? I added them through PKHEX. Without the mod on they're their proper typings. Same issue with that other Pokemon Compass mod.

edit:
I'm guessing it's like Compass where the proper 1.2.0 data for those pokemon aren't quite implemented in the mod yet. I await an update, then. Liking the mod so far, I've tried both and can't decide which is better.

Last edited by Armos,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...