Homebrew Emulator Snes9X GX Creating / modifying cheats

Idrolitina

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hello to everyone!
I looked at a bunch of posts in our forum and other sources but I only found ambiguous answers sending back to the existing packs and collection of cheats and one that said to use Snes9x itself (I suppose desktop version).

I really spent some time but I was not able to understand how to modify or create cheats for Snes9x GX.. I tried with the same encoding working for the fork on other console or platforms (3ds and the core of retroarch) but I was not able to get them working. Some from the collection I found online, however, do work but when I try to read them with TextEdit or Notepad there are only a few words understandable (probably emerging by the code) and nothing more.

I checked the Snes9x webpage and also in that case I did not have much luck.

Can anyone help me out? at this point, I really want to understand lol

Take care and thanks for reading!

boomerang42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the pc version of Snes9x to search for new cheats (by searching the game's memory) or add cheat codes by typing them in. It's been a long time since I used the pc version but unless something has changed the code list gets saved as cht. Just put the codes you want into Snes9x on pc and then copy the cht to your Wii.

Last edited by boomerang42,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: