Homebrew SNES9XGX/ FCEUGX/ VBAGX -updated-

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
games won't run faster because of USB2, it' s not like WiiSX/Wii64
hq2x filter is done in software and is very CPU demanding, unless your rewrite snes9x with optimization for Wii, it will remain slow

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heiopeio said:
VBAGX

still no cheat support and most games dont run @ full speed (metroid fusion & zero mission)... wondering what the programmer is updating... never see changes. only silly bugfixes

I am kind of confused that people have troubles with VBAGX. Everything seems to run just as the GBA did for me. I don't know if it is something in my settings or what, but I haven't seen any slowdown. Cheats would be a nice addition, but in my case the emulator is pretty stable as it is. By the way, thanks Tantric.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
luckwii said:
Heiopeio said:
VBAGX

still no cheat support and most games dont run @ full speed (metroid fusion & zero mission)... wondering what the programmer is updating... never see changes. only silly bugfixes

I am kind of confused that people have troubles with VBAGX. Everything seems to run just as the GBA did for me. I don't know if it is something in my settings or what, but I haven't seen any slowdown. Cheats would be a nice addition, but in my case the emulator is pretty stable as it is. By the way, thanks Tantric.

Yeah I think for the most part 'frameskipping' is only apparent on the emulator because the screen's bigger! I remember trying out Links Awakening for the first time on a PC emu and thinking how ghastly the screen changes were (I'd obviously played the game on a GB beforehand)
This is still the case on my dual core newish pc (and probably on VBAGX) This man should try out the 2 games mentioned on vba PC, I suspect he'll get the same results....
Having said that, off the top of my head both Golden Sun 2 & Sonic Advance 2 are jerky to the point of unplayable on vbagx..... still, that's got nowt to do with tantric, and most gba games work really well.....

VBAGX doesn't like me updating via the Wii though...?? fceugx & snes9xgx update fine, but vbagx seems to install about 50k (judging by the speed it 'downloads' and 'unzips') then resets... and on one occasion it wiped my vbagx/roms folder, replacing it with loads of daft little files! Running program off sd, roms etc off usb hd..... Thankfully I had a backup! Tried the update again a few days back but no dice..... '50k' dl and resets, then still on previous version when started up, again asking me to update.. weird!! Is it just me?
No biggie anyway, I can easily update via pc.... when I can be arsed taking my sd card out the wii slot that is
laugh.gif

damingraham

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ima go back a few pages to sure but since i gotta the idea just not the method ima ask anyway

i guess IOS58 is used to run these new ones. now yesterday i updated my hbc, and a bunch of other stuff via wii and hbb. as well as two of these emulators and the forwarder channels where there too *i dont think i seen the snes one. but i get nothing but a black screen with no reboot to wii menu.
i THINK my entire system is running on IOS61 . and everything has worked before hand and so far cept these here.

so WHICH IOS58 do i need to get and install in order for it to load properly?

matguitarist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
damingraham said:
ima go back a few pages to sure but since i gotta the idea just not the method ima ask anyway

i guess IOS58 is used to run these new ones. now yesterday i updated my hbc, and a bunch of other stuff via wii and hbb. as well as two of these emulators and the forwarder channels where there too *i dont think i seen the snes one. but i get nothing but a black screen with no reboot to wii menu.
i THINK my entire system is running on IOS61 . and everything has worked before hand and so far cept these here.

so WHICH IOS58 do i need to get and install in order for it to load properly?

You need the latest one, after that reinstall HBC to use IOS58

sparhawk110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having some trouble running most recent (and last recent couple) of releases of VBAGX and SNES9XGX. VBAGX opens fine, go to load a game and it drops video and locks up the Wii. Blank screen with vid loss, hard power shutdown of the Wii only option. SNES9XGX will give me nothing but a codedump. I recently updated to HBC 1.0.8, just checked it, running IOS58 v24.31. I keep up with the forums and am pretty good with this stuff but this has me stumped. What am I missing. I see some others have had similar problems but noone has spelled it out yet whats going on and how to fix. Older versions of both worked fine pre HBC 1.0.7 and IOS58 so I know its got to be something related to all that. I used to mod all myself on my own but recently have been using ModMii (formerly NUSAD) and both like and trust it, but that doesnt mean that I dont have an outdated file or some other problem. I've modded 3 wii's recently, and this problem repeats on all 3. Same methods on all 3 of course, although each is a different base firmware. Oh, and I run everything EMU related off SD.

Zantagor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sparhawk110 said:
Having some trouble running most recent (and last recent couple) of releases of VBAGX and SNES9XGX. VBAGX opens fine, go to load a game and it drops video and locks up the Wii. Blank screen with vid loss, hard power shutdown of the Wii only option. SNES9XGX will give me nothing but a codedump. I recently updated to HBC 1.0.8, just checked it, running IOS58 v24.31. I keep up with the forums and am pretty good with this stuff but this has me stumped. What am I missing. I see some others have had similar problems but noone has spelled it out yet whats going on and how to fix. Older versions of both worked fine pre HBC 1.0.7 and IOS58 so I know its got to be something related to all that. I used to mod all myself on my own but recently have been using ModMii (formerly NUSAD) and both like and trust it, but that doesnt mean that I dont have an outdated file or some other problem. I've modded 3 wii's recently, and this problem repeats on all 3. Same methods on all 3 of course, although each is a different base firmware. Oh, and I run everything EMU related off SD.

I just updated VBAGX by network and the same thing happens to me, it runs, I see the menu and all, as soon as I select a game, poof, Black screen, (TV Says no signal), but I can still hear the game's sounds.

GGC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also having codedumps when running any of Tantric emulators since the latest updates.
This sucks! And I don't know what's wrong either! >_

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Codedumps and such (which btw I don't experience) are related to upstream changes in libogc. I've been waiting to make sure the current libogc is stable enough for a new release (it almost is!) then I'll release updates.

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
Tantric, is it a known issue the sprites color mess up after saving state when using palettes in vbagx? Could it be to color codes limitations? (I recall reading about it, for instance I used random colors editing .xml on PC)

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dogway said:
Tantric, is it a known issue the sprites color mess up after saving state when using palettes in vbagx? Could it be to color codes limitations? (I recall reading about it, for instance I used random colors editing .xml on PC)

All I know about that is that Carl Kenner wrote that code. I know next to nothing about it.

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Tantric said:
Dogway said:

All I know about that is that Carl Kenner wrote that code. I know next to nothing about it.
I guess it better be reported to him.

Pip'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64