Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
DeltaBurnt said:
AceOfAces said:
My dad isn't actually concerned that much with the iPhone 4 itself. He's concerned about the plan that it's probably going to come with. Plus, I don't think $280 will afford an iPhone 4.

@Julian Sidewind
I'm 12, where am I supposed to find that much money?

If you're 12 why the hell do you need an iPhone. I'm 15 and I still borrow my Mom's old phone whenever I like goto the movies or something.
Same here. I don't see why kids need all these FUCKING EXPENSIVE and USELESS phones... Are their parents so naive that they think it is really what their child deserves? Kids want toys, not god damn phones... I never even got a phone till I turned 16 (which was December last year). Kids get spoiled WAY too much nowadays...

I can rant on this subject for ages, but this is Blogs, so no one would read it anyway. I might post a full rant on this another day.
i agree with you kids are spoiled now a days...i got my first phone at 18 and paid for it myself but back then cell phones were what they were meant to be just for talking.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
Raika said:
I'm 16, and my brothers are 11 and 13. My phone is an old model that uses buttons while theirs use touch screens. Mine was bought in 2008. I don't see why young people these days need all of these new gadgets when a phone was originally invented just for communication.
Isn't 16 still considered a bit young?
tongue.gif
Yes, but I'm not interested in that iPhone craze and stuff. Many people at my age at school own iPhones and all sorts of funny new gadgets, and they just toss aside their old stuff when newer gadgets are released.

Orangejb5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
Raika said:
I'm 16, and my brothers are 11 and 13. My phone is an old model that uses buttons while theirs use touch screens. Mine was bought in 2008. I don't see why young people these days need all of these new gadgets when a phone was originally invented just for communication.
Isn't 16 still considered a bit young?
tongue.gif
the guy that wants to buy this phone is 12.
tongue.gif

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got my first phone at 15.
i didnt even use it at all until 17. infact i hated using my phone.
that is after i graduated high school, to keep in touch with friends.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nokia-5310-xpressmusic.jpg
I have one of these. :/ I payed $20 and I barely use it. I've had a phone since I was 12 and it was as simple as this one minus the camera pretty much.

How do kids get so much money for these things?
mad.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just get the droid x when it comes out the middle of next month for $200
it makes the iphone 4 look like a toy

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
If you're 12 why the hell do you need an iPhone???. I'm 15 and I still borrow my Mom's old phone whenever I like goto the movies or something.
I´m 21 and I still do that!!
Because I never had credit in my own cellphone.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joe88 said:
just get the droid x when it comes out the middle of next month for $200
it makes the iphone 4 look like a toy
i would get the Droid X but it doesn't have a keyboard and virtual keyboards just don't cut it for someone like me who texts a lot.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh hey in this thread lets hate on little kids wanting cool toys

OP, the iphone 4 is a really great phone so if you can convince your dad then go ahead. Asking and getting told no is better than never asking at all but just make sure you dont come off spoilt
tongue.gif

Its probably better to get the 3GS with apple care because its really easy to lose and/or break your phone at your age. So in case anything happens, you'll get a brand new spanking 3gs all at no extra (well aside from apple care lol) cost

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
I think I probably beat all of you by owning quite an old phone (it used to be my Dad's phone
tongue.gif
)

This one:
6310i.jpg

Until recently I could have beaten that. My old phone was so ancient it barely had a screen. Then I upgraded to a Samsung T-100, an ancient colour flip phone. Then I finally got my Samsung U-600, my current phone. But since I'm expecting a tax refund of over £1500 in a few days, I may buy a new phone just for the hell of it.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh...a 12 year old wanting an iPhone. I'm 17 and while I would quite like an iPhone I know they are way out of my price range and I don't need a contract of £25 a month. I spend

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
Then I upgraded to a Samsung T-100, an ancient colour flip phone. Then I finally got my Samsung U-600, my current phone. But since I'm expecting a tax refund of over £1500 in a few days, I may buy a new phone just for the hell of it.
I remember the old T100 adverts and when that was modern.
tongue.gif
Never had one though, and my last phone was a U600.

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
syko5150 said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
DeltaBurnt said:
AceOfAces said:
My dad isn't actually concerned that much with the iPhone 4 itself. He's concerned about the plan that it's probably going to come with. Plus, I don't think $280 will afford an iPhone 4.

@Julian Sidewind
I'm 12, where am I supposed to find that much money?

If you're 12 why the hell do you need an iPhone. I'm 15 and I still borrow my Mom's old phone whenever I like goto the movies or something.
Same here. I don't see why kids need all these FUCKING EXPENSIVE and USELESS phones... Are their parents so naive that they think it is really what their child deserves? Kids want toys, not god damn phones... I never even got a phone till I turned 16 (which was December last year). Kids get spoiled WAY too much nowadays...

I can rant on this subject for ages, but this is Blogs, so no one would read it anyway. I might post a full rant on this another day.
i agree with you kids are spoiled now a days...i got my first phone at 18 and paid for it myself but back then cell phones were what they were meant to be just for talking.

I agree too even though im 12 too

AceOfAces

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before anyone else goes off about me being a spoiled brat or kids being spoiled brats, IT WAS MY DAD'S IDEA. I've always wanted a phone so I was like, "Why the hell not?"

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xcalibur said:
OP, the iphone 4 is a really great phone

Yeah... a really great phone, which is why they are thinking about a recall? Lmao! iPhone is garbage.

And you don't need a keyboard when the Droid X has Swype.

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
se.jpg

that's mine. I would love to own an iphone, but i'm almost 16 and can't afford a contract. My first phone was $40, and I got this one for $60. Mine will do pretty much everything the iphone does, only on a lower level. So think about that

also, if we're talking about spoiled. I saw a 12 year old with a blackberry AND an older iphone, both on contract with unlimited internet and stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/06/business/samsung-first-strike-chips.html Ah shit no s25