Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am r4ymond said:
I Pirate.

I'm going to download both HG and SS. Buying the actual game is pretty useless since you have flashcarts. If you buy the actual game, then what is the flashcart for? If it's just for a little Tamagotchi-like toy, then that's stupid. You'll eventually throw away that thing.

So we don't have to wait a week for an AP cheat or crack...I'm buying one and my sister is buying the other...then we'll copy each others game.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aeladya said:
I am r4ymond said:
I Pirate.

I'm going to download both HG and SS. Buying the actual game is pretty useless since you have flashcarts. If you buy the actual game, then what is the flashcart for? If it's just for a little Tamagotchi-like toy, then that's stupid. You'll eventually throw away that thing.

So we don't have to wait a week for an AP cheat or crack...I'm buying one and my sister is buying the other...then we'll copy each others game.

The Japanese Pokemon games had AP cracked within like what, hours? I don't see Nintendo going full-throttle here if they didn't for the Japanese one. Pokemon is already rather popular so that people would buy it regardless of the AP crack. I guess there's a real feeling of difference with having "your cart" with "your team" on it, instead of just some downloaded ROM with an easily tweekable save.

Still, I don't see too much of a point to buying this. Raise your hand if you played the Japanese version through and through already! I think you can just keep the save on your Japanese game and play the game in English.

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Aeladya said:
I am r4ymond said:
I Pirate.

The Japanese Pokemon games had AP cracked within like what, hours? I don't see Nintendo going full-throttle here if they didn't for the Japanese one. Pokemon is already rather popular so that people would buy it regardless of the AP crack. I guess there's a real feeling of difference with having "your cart" with "your team" on it, instead of just some downloaded ROM with an easily tweekable save.

Still, I don't see too much of a point to buying this. Raise your hand if you played the Japanese version through and through already! I think you can just keep the save on your Japanese game and play the game in English.

I'm buying one and downloading it. Issue solved.
tongue.gif

@Guild McCommunist: I wish that we had the JPN KH: BBS AP Patch done. My team is working on it. Also, you can't keep the save on there to transfer from JPN to USA. There's stuff like when you name your Pokemon, the letter/number palette changes, so when viewed, it might look funky. This is just a theory though.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[BnC said:
MissingNo.]
Guild McCommunist said:
Aeladya said:
I am r4ymond said:
I Pirate.

tongue.gif

@Guild McCommunist: I wish that we had the JPN KH: BBS AP Patch done. My team is working on it. Also, you can't keep the save on there to transfer from JPN to USA. There's stuff like when you name your Pokemon, the letter/number palette changes, so when viewed, it might look funky. This is just a theory though.

With the English patches, all my Pokemon names are English at least, though.

Sorry to veer off topic a little, but there's still no BBS crack yet? Hah! Looks like Squenix really screwed the pooch of pirates!

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
[BnC said:
MissingNo.]
Guild McCommunist said:
Aeladya said:
I am r4ymond said:
I Pirate.

tongue.gif

With the English patches, all my Pokemon names are English at least, though.

Sorry to veer off topic a little, but there's still no BBS crack yet? Hah! Looks like Squenix really screwed the pooch of pirates!

In theory, they will show up as Japanese characters, or a glitch will occur, or nothing will happen.
We have confirmed that there is only one wall of AP left to unhack (the 4th Red Screen (including the save creation screen). Then it's smooth sailing. Credit goes to... erm... I forgot. I will edit this when I find out.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Whats up with some guye here? Why always pirate? Good games should be bought to support publisher to make more good games. Imagine all people over the world have a flashcard and pirate games. Hell the video game industry would die for sure..

I realy hate those people..

MissingNo._

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
Whats up with some guye here? Why always pirate? Good games should be bought to support publisher to make more good games. Imagine all people over the world have a flashcard and pirate games. Hell the video game industry would die for sure..

I don't pirate games. I buy them and then download them so it's not illegal. I bought a flashcart mainly for homebrew.
But, on the other hand, I only pirated KH: BBS (J) just so I could hack the anti-piracy in there. I will buy the USA version when it comes out.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiBricker said:

I've said it before...

I agree with WiiBricker, good games should be supported!

I tend to DL them and treat as a demo then buy the ones I play for more than a couple of hours. If I don't like it enough to buy it then it gets deleted. Means I only support the games I consider good, hopefully means better work done to make good games and not sloppy (buggy, tedious, etc) ones.

iggloovortex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always bought the pokemon games, and that fact isnt going to change now that i have a flash cart, atleast not fully. ive decided that im buying SS and downloading HG.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hardly bought any games before I pirated. The fact is that cash doesn't flow my way in a constant stream. My only real job is doing video taping stuff for the school, and that only really happens when the concerts come around (mainly winter and spring). Although I may start getting paid more now that we can video tape the sports stuff as well...

Anyway, Nintendo has already made a ridiculous amount of cash on the Japanese version alone, I'm sure they can live with my piracy. The only games I'm looking to buy this year are NMH 2, SMG 2, and Zelda Wii 2. Nothing for the DS, except maybe Bookworm (since it won't work on my R4 and it's only $20).

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guild McCommunist said:
I hardly bought any games before I pirated. The fact is that cash doesn't flow my way in a constant stream. My only real job is doing video taping stuff for the school, and that only really happens when the concerts come around (mainly winter and spring). Although I may start getting paid more now that we can video tape the sports stuff as well...

Anyway, Nintendo has already made a ridiculous amount of cash on the Japanese version alone, I'm sure they can live with my piracy. The only games I'm looking to buy this year are NMH 2, SMG 2, and Zelda Wii 2. Nothing for the DS, except maybe Bookworm (since it won't work on my R4 and it's only $20).

lol guild, your on gbatemp only have an r4

tsk tsk tsk

i hope to see you with a better card in the future

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nah i'd never buy 'em.
They aren't fun enough to warrant a purchase, unless it were in a bargain bin deal.
Even then...not really worth it.

If pokemon tried to do something different, it might warrant a damn purchase.

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Aeladya said:
I am r4ymond said:
I Pirate.

I know, I was just being sarcastic. I need to own a legit copy though. Unfortunately Nintendo frowns upon ROMs during competitions...

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm... I've changed my mind. I'm definitely not gonna buy this, I'm saving up for the US release of Kingdom Hearts BBS.
yay.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Thanks ken
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Great game. But I'd buy it straight up before paying for prime. Unless you order something everyday from amazon, not worth it imo
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm one of those people that Amazon loses money on the Prime subscription with
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I abuse the fuck out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Prime says I've already saved $400 this year lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where do you see how much you've saved?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Under orders
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    See maybe good for you guys, but I don't hardly ever order from amazon, maybe only couple times a month
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Primes great because I stopped getting into arguments with the door greeter at Walmart
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahahaha
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They see me so much in there they don't even ask for me receipt anymore tbh
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Pain in the ass, don't see it anywhere on the desktop site, had to pull it up on my phone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think they gave up on the website and mainly focus on the app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Desktop site > mobile site > mobile app
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Mobile app is such absolute dogshit, I haven't used it in SO long
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah mobile versions better people don't think about how apps are just shrunken down websites
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be the phone connection etc I've mostly been fine with the app
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Regardless fuck bezos
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Agreed. Crazy how both seeking a job at Amazon, and subsequently quitting Amazon, are both some of the best decisions I've ever made
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did someone loose a leg? You're fired
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs 55gb patch for hogwarts legacy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Teslas are prob running Windows XP to this day.