Gaming Some major update patches require firmware v6.0?

Bloodlust

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Lately I noticed that the latest hollow knight and Mario kart v1.7 requires the firmware to be updated to v6 before it can launch?

Does anyone have a list? Just in case I update a game accidentally which requires it, how do I remove the update? Using SX OS.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see you made a new thread for a question you posted in a thread so I'll simply repost my response from that thread here.
All raw .NSP files have an XML file which forces it to be installed on a firmware that is usually higher than the actual required firmware version. What Tinfoil does with the ignore required firmware version is bypass this XML when installing the .NSP file so you can use its true required firmware version which is dependent on which masterkeys were used to encrypt. Every new firmware introduces new masterkeys with which games and content are encrypted with which is what causes them to require higher firmwares. You can check this by using the Switch Backup Manager or decrypting the .NSP with hactool and checking the masterkey encryption. Anyways, I doubt any of the new updates are encrypted with the masterkeys found on firmware 6.X (they are most likely encrypted with the ones on firmware 5.X) so its only the XML file making them require firmware 6.X

paulzheng

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Lately I noticed that the latest hollow knight and Mario kart v1.7 requires the firmware to be updated to v6 before it can launch?

Does anyone have a list? Just in case I update a game accidentally which requires it, how do I remove the update? Using SX OS.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

install update nsp by tinfoil

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp