Status
Not open for further replies.

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, my bad. Sorry about that. I just got post happy there. Don't usually do that.

BTW, check out the new video, the first 4 minutes of the new video explains the "fishing". Much better then the other video.

Also, Overload Nadrian, I think the Jap goverment does this. Any user can send a comment and say, this is offensive. Kids should not see this. Youtube will then take it off, or change it.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well yeah people flag the video so Youtube have to take the appropriate action. In this case the video was obviously flagged for violence so Youtube have put an age lock on it.

alucard77

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giratina16 said:
Well yeah people flag the video so Youtube have to take the appropriate action. In this case the video was obviously flagged for violence so Youtube have put an age lock on it.

The MPAA labeled this as PG13. So I guess Youtube knows better then the MPAA (granted the MPAA can be bought, much like Youtube)

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giratina16 said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
At least cows, chicken etc die instantly thus not feeling too much pain.
As much as I'd like to agree, that is not true. The way they get killed varies greatly, it can be instantly, but they can also be skinned alive.
Most animals here get stunned. For instance, they will stun a chicken then stick a knife in it's mouth and slit it's throat. Also I cant remember if it was a a cow (technically it's not a cow but oh well) or if it was a pig (could be both) but they stun it then stick a knife in its throat and let them bleed to death.
Fun fact: they shock them to get a quick boost in blood pressure, so when their throat is slit, they bleed out much faster.

I learned this after asking why a prisoner in a video was seemingly getting along with another guy, then just up and stabs him. They were playing basketball in the prison yard (boosting blood pressure) then stabby stab. He bled out quite quickly.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this an interesting read. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humane_Slaughter_Act

It is interesting to note that a lot of our own practises were only cleaned up very recently and even now things many not be good. It makes it tough to take the high and mighty with another culture for a slaughter of a different animal.

Unless you think the dolphin may be classified as a higher level creature and therefore should be treated differently?

Don't get me wrong, I actually shed a tear when I first saw that doco. It's just been since then I have been confused. It is not so much that this act is right it's more the fact that so many other acts that go on, on my own doorstep may be just as disturbing.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
monkat said:
You are a fucking asshole.

Hmm. too late? Damn it.

QUOTE(mthrnite @ Aug 31 2010, 09:03 PM) Being that N4RU70 FR34K brings no benefit to our forums, he is now banned from them.

I win.

Nice burn.

@topic. I agree with, all life form is precious. guys didnt play Other M yet?
laugh.gif

also, I dont think anyone is breeding dolphins fast enough for it to be an everyday food.
Unlike cows and pigs.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
alucard77 said:
giratina16 said:

The MPAA labeled this as PG13. So I guess Youtube knows better then the MPAA (granted the MPAA can be bought, much like Youtube)
It's the people who flag it.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Ellie said:
N4RU70 FR34K said:
Just let them eat what they want to eat, I mean of course they're doing something bad but it's not like we can stop it, that's what Whale Wars or whatever that show is for.
TV shows have no effect on anything.

Poor dolphins, it's such a sad sight to see those animals being slaughtered
frown.gif

That said, I think there recently was some kind of whale-slaughtering competition (festival?) in one of the Nordic countries, but I'm not too sure. I find that people that participate in killing animals 'for fun' are sick and should all be imprisoned on a desolate island.

EDIT: October 2009, Denmark

Ugh. Stupid fucks.
Although the faroe islands are a danish territory, they have they're own traditions, language and culture. Saying that it's denmarks gruesome festival would be like if there was something like that in puerto rico and it was then called "the usa's gruesome festival".

Back on topic:
Poor dolphins.
frown.gif

It's strange, technically they don't feel more pain than livestock, but most people(including me) still have more sympathy for them.

benjaminlibl

Funky Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Is the video the full version of "The Cove"? I've watched the whole documentary, but I can't watch Youtube right now for various reasons. I'm guessing that it's the part where Japanese fishermen bloody the seas by herding the dolphins and repeatedly stabbing them before they die.

I browsed through the thread a little, can't say I completely agree with what is being said. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but how does one decide when killing one animal is "righter" than killing another? What makes it wrong to kill a dolphin and right to kill a salmon? I'm not sure if it was said in all seriousness, but someone suggested that out of killing dolphins and killing cows, killing dolphins are the greater wrong simply because they're cuter. If it was mean to be serious, then Hollywood has succeeded in brainwashing the minds of young people around the world. That's beside the point, but I just thought I'd voice my opinion. If one considers them both wrong, how can one look at this issue with righteous indignation and still eat meat at the same time? If you're a vegetarian, good for you, but that's your choice.

I suppose humans are animals, but humans are capable of intelligent thought. Which is not to say that dolphins aren't. And dolphins also have nervous systems. Obviously, we can go back and forth about this all day, but that's not my point. Personally, I find that it isn't any more wrong to kill a dolphin than to kill a chicken, or a cow, or a purpoise, etc. Killing animals for food is just about supply and demand. It seems that a market for dolphin meat exists in Japan, and the Japanese fishermen are simply meeting that demand. The problem lies in the way the Japanese fishermen are going about getting their dolphin meat. It's cruel and inhumane, and that's where it's wrong.

Anyways, this is just an opinion. It's may be wrong, but it's just what I currently believe at the moment. I hope that everyone on the forum can respect each others opinions without the insult throwing and name calling.

Overlord Nadrian said:
I only eat chicken (and most kinds of fish), so I suppose you could consider me a vegetarian.
Lol, I know this isn't related by any stretch of the imagination, but I just had to respond. No, I don't consider eating chicken or fish to be vegetarian, unless you want to get anal about it and call yourself a flexitarian or whatnot. But kudos to you for making the effort to eat less meat.

shyam513

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What is the point of slaughtering innocent creatures in that way, just to have more courses on your table, or an extra dish on a restaurant menu? I myself am a vegetarian, but I normally don't mind watching people eat meat, because I know that in most western countires, the animals used have to be killed humanely, so they do not suffer, and because I don't believe in pushing one's personal choice upon others - but that is not humane. Stabbing Dolphins with spears and allowing them to bleed to death is barberic. If we did that to another human, WE would be considered animals, so why do we do it to animals that have as much a right to live as we do?

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
benjaminlibl said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
I only eat chicken (and most kinds of fish), so I suppose you could consider me a vegetarian.
Lol, I know this isn't related by any stretch of the imagination, but I just had to respond. No, I don't consider eating chicken or fish to be vegetarian, unless you want to get anal about it and call yourself a flexitarian or whatnot. But kudos to you for making the effort to eat less meat.
It's not really that I make an effort to eat less meat, but more so that I just don't like any other kind of meat.

D

Deleted_171835

Overlord Nadrian said:
benjaminlibl said:
Overlord Nadrian said:
It's not really that I make an effort to eat less meat, but more so that I just don't like any other kind of meat.
Not even steak?
I would never be able to become a vegetarian. Meat is a part of my life whether it be pepperoni on pizza or some delicious T-bone steak.
--
Eating dolphin is considered inhumane in other parts of the world because we don't do that. Dolphin's aren't 'part of the food we eat' in places away from Japan. We're not used to it. Dolphins are considered to be playful, friendly creatures. Not ones we eat. I understand where the Japanese stand with this but personally I wouldn't eat a dolphin regardless of the taste. It just doesn't 'feel' right/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh