1661586870442.png

already did that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't even know there was a 3ds-libtheora. I was using the one from the website, compiled, then installed as it works with the wiiu version.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make: *** No rule to make target 'bin/obj/3DS/Game/Game/Game.o', needed by 'bin/3DS/CTR/RSDKv5.elf'. Stop.

what version of devkitARM did you two use?

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at the load times I might as well just play it on my Switch. I know the 3DS isn't as powerful but that's just a bit too slow for me.

Wavy

Splatana Stamper Enjoyer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
make: *** No rule to make target 'bin/obj/3DS/Game/Game/Game.o', needed by 'bin/3DS/CTR/RSDKv5.elf'. Stop.

what version of devkitARM did you two use?
You need to copy the SonicMania/ folder from the Sonic-Mania-Decompilation repo into the root of the RSDK decomp repo and rename it to Game/.

Also be sure to go into Game.h in said folder and change RSDK_USE_MOD_LOADER to 0, otherwise it'll crash on startup

Edit: I'm using the latest devkitARM-r56-3. You can check by doing "pacman -S devkitARM" in the terminal (remove sudo or "dkp-" depending on what you use as your DKP package manager).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to copy the SonicMania/ folder from the Sonic-Mania-Decompilation repo into the root of the RSDK decomp repo and rename it to Game/.

Also be sure to go into Game.h in said folder and change RSDK_USE_MOD_LOADER to 0, otherwise it'll crash on startup

Edit: I'm using devkitARM-r56-3. You can check by doing "pacman -S devkitARM" in the terminal (remove sudo or "dkp-" depending on what you use as your DKP package manager).
I see Retro_Use_Mod_Loader

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New 3DS, is there a link for an official release or do I have to compile it myself for now?
I had some issues compiling it as you can see, but I think the most grueling one of the pc, switch, vita, 3ds, and wiiu was the wiiu's due to having to update cmake manually. damn, did that take a long time.

Scrockiko

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi can someone help me do this thing im sitting here for 4h with no progress done if someone wants to help me i leave my discord here:!qrogs#6700

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I tried compiling stuff once or twice and failed miserably, so i'll hang around this thread until an O3DS version packed in a neat little CIA comes around. Of course i assume i'll still have to somehow provide the sonic mania files, which i have on my PC, so that part i can handle.
Very exciting news, i didn't think we'd get new content i'd be excited for at this point

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. yeah, if you used a zip of the git, it will be missing sub modules. sometimes, things, even without sub modules, will not compile unless you git clone it. I think atmosphere is this way. that thing takes like an hour to build to so kudos to the development team.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Do you recommend any way to back up?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    I will keep trying, but that clicking sound seems like the moving parts are stuck or something
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    i use a mac, so I just leave time machine running, not real sure how to back up on a windows box
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Buy SSD copy everything over and no more clicking lol
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    yeah clicking is bad, i don't do much recovery these days, so i don't know if the old tricks still work
    Pretty much they do but only because mechanical is still mechanical
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, the only hard drive i have is the one on my pc
    I had a weird thought, Sega with the Saturn it was a train wreck a pile of chips, but it does kind of fit the design philosophy of Sega at the time.... The Genesis/Sega CD/32X machine was probably loads of fun to program for
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, the new COD coming soon is 310gb on series s/x
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I bet a good chunk of the space games have is due to unused content
    310GBs lol ISPs hate this one trick
    DLC will be a svelt 32K download lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think you only get like 425gb on a series s hard drive, so you get 1, 2 next gen games max
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, so you need to have another series s if you wanna play more games?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh you buy extra HD n add to it, but not cheap
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, how can a console have more than 1 hard drives?
    usb expansion? I know the PS4 can do this
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh Yea I recall my PS3 can do that
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Modded ofc
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Speaking of my PS3 i havent downloaded any games yet bc my wifi is too slow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and also because blackouts here are very common and that could damage the console
    Do you have a surge protector or an UPS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but to play the next gen games, you must have those games on internal, or buy the official ssd expansion cards, which are expensive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, dunno what each one of those are
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, my PS3 was already modded when my dad bought it for me and my brother
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @MysticStarlight, my PS3 was already modded when my dad bought it for me and my brother