Gaming Still no Conduit reviews...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, yeah, the NP and ONM reviews for The Conduit have been up for a while, but let's set that aside for the moment. Obviously they had exclusive deals with SEGA to publish their reviews before everyone else -- an absolute necessity for print magazines these days. But the game officially releases in the States tomorrow, and still IGN -- perhaps the most-vocal proponent for the game -- has yet to publish their review. Surely the embargos have expired...or have they?

In gaming PR, they often only give sites an express nod to publish reviews early if the reviews are especially favorable. So, why the wait? What do you expect from IGN, Gamespot, GT and others for this game?

chrisf

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
nintendo magazine gave it 7.0 i dunno why they hated it.

i dont even understand why they would bother publishing a review of a game rated 7 or lower.

i would think they would give at least slightly better ratings than IGN because they want to sell their own games and systems. unless its to get back at them for deciding not to add wii motion plus support and nintendo was counting on the conduit to boost wii motion sales.

shadow_14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, what reasons would exist to delay the reviews? i'm guessing the reviews weren't that good (someting between 6 and 7)
At least to me, the most important thing is my opinion about the game and i guess i will enjoy it very much and find it between the 8 or 9, since i'm not used to modern fps

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not surprised by IGN's review. If its from a big publisher and they hyped it up, then the game will get 8+ review. I do hope its as good as they say.

Bladexdsl said:
nintendo magazine gave it 7.0 i dunno why they hated it.

Nintendo Power gave it 8/10 , it was Official Nintendo Mag UK gave it 7.6 which to be honest is a good score. 7.0 means its still good just not great, doesn't mean they hated it, if they hated it it would be lower than 5/10.

German magazine Wii Magazine (so original!) gave it 88/100.

I'd rather have Overlord though, which should be better but wont get as good reviews seeing its not hyped at all.

senormojo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ign reviewed it gave it a 8.6 out of 10 and said the game is a great game that lasts anywhere from 5 to 8 house but the internet will last for months if not longer

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i really wish though they would stop making shooters run and gun bring back the good shooter designs like doom with multiple paths, keys, and a shitload of secrets.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
i really wish though they would stop making shooters run and gun bring back the good shooter designs like doom with multiple paths, keys, and a shitload of secrets.
I think C.O.R.E. DS is more like that but it looks shitty. Dementium was the last good FPS (didn't like Moon) that was more like that but minus the secrets.

Seems like that nowadays, there only seems to be a few games that have secrets.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
they don't even try anymore it's always 1 path something appears you shoot it than move on. it's been like that since doom 3 and it's never changed in most shooters. even ghostbusters (pc) was like it.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I`ve watched the video review and Matt really pissed me off with his statement about FPS on Wii... His colleague Bozon gave MoH:H2 8.4! He and Bozon praised MoHH2 (in the "other thoughts") and now he is saying something like "...that`s not a port and doesn`t suck!".

MoH was the first game, which did the controls completely right (way better than MP3:C) and it was as ambitious as Conduit was.

Fanboy...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: