Louse76

OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
So I updated my Wii with the 4.0 loader no problem.

I did the same with my friends' Wii, making sure all of the cIOSes were installed, etc. The update seemed to go through properly. Then I tried to load the HDD loader program and it said that the HDD is no longer formatted and asked me to format. I tried on both USB ports and the same problem. I plugged the drive into the computer, and the program detected games on the drive. It worked perfectly before the upgrade too.

In addition, the homebrew channel isn't loading either. I just get a black screen and it hangs indefinitely. I ran an update on it before running the 4.0 upgrade. I also did this on my other system with no problems. It seems to work fine otherwise, I'm able to play VC games, etc.

Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas?

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't know why, but try this:

1. Use Any Region Changer to Downgrade to 3.2 (use bannerbomb and loadmii to start it)
2. Use IOS Downgrader 1.0 (not cIOS Downgrader!) to downgrade the rest of the IOS (use bannerbomb and loadmii to start it)

Now you have a clean Trucha-System

3. Install HBC 1.03 and BootMii 0.2 to Boot2 via HackMii Installer 0.2 using Bannerbomb
3. Install cIOS rev 12
4. Install trucha patched IOS60
5. Install Systemmenu 4.0 via WAD-File only (not via Firmware Updater 4.0!)
6. Install Preloader with 4.0 Hacks
7. Configure Preloader for region and update free Wii

Now it should run ...

Look on GBATemp or other ressources for the needed files.

Louse76

OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
So here's a little more info...

The USB Loader detects the hard drive every 3-5 tries. It doesn't seem to depend on different conditions, such as whether it's turned completely off, just system menu reboot, etc. I also used different SD cards. The Homebrew channel never appears to work.

When it does detect the hard drive, it loads games fine, no problem (only tested for a couple minutes, but it shouldn't be a bad HDD, it's been working fine and it's not a very old one). When it doesn't work, it either says that it should be formatted, no partition, or it fails with RET 1. RET 1 is less common, maybe 40/60.

So in regard to the instructions, I searched and found Any Region Changer. But how can I run this without being able to run Homebrew Channel? There is a boot.dol, not a wad. If it was a wad, I could install it with wad installer, but I thought with 4.0, it killed the Twilight hack, didn't it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant